Comfort Knives!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Comfort Knives!

Post by CluelessNick »

JamieinWV wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:07 pm Latest from Jeffin, Saturday delivery... Schrade 194OT
Great looking knife Jamie. That micarta is nice, I've been eyeing that 194OT with bone handles that Jeff has.
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

CluelessNick wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:41 pm
MissouriGuerrilla wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:38 pm Today's comfort knife...
Cool knife but it almost like it was designed to be lost in the woods
:lol:
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

CluelessNick wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:44 pm
JamieinWV wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:07 pm Latest from Jeffin, Saturday delivery... Schrade 194OT
Great looking knife Jamie. That micarta is nice, I've been eyeing that 194OT with bone handles that Jeff has.
Ha !! you pushed me over the edge, just ordered it.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

he has been getting me for about a knife every other week...I almost bought the flower knife he has... ::shrug:: ... because i dont have one
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

I've been strong lately but he got me for the 194OT AND that python knife today. I am weak and broke now.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

I like most everything I have got from him...I posted this in new pick ups but it deserves to be here too. Joker Stag lockback hunter.
Attachments
IMG_2253.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Now that is a beautiful knife. I'd want to show it off for sure.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

What Nick said Jamie! I'd have been disappointed if you hadn't posted it for us to see. 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Thanks guys, I can say their fixed knives are the berries, this is the first folder I have handled and it sure is very solid. very impressive
MissouriGuerrilla

Today's comfort knife....
Attachments
DSC05095.JPG
DSC05096.JPG
DSC05097.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Most impressive knives you guys are posting! Thanks for the open/closed shots M.G.! 8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

CluelessNick wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:13 pm
Didn’t mean to push you over the edge, but you should not be standing so close to the edge… it’s hard on the billfold
MissouriGuerrilla

Madmarco wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:42 pm Most impressive knives you guys are posting! Thanks for the open/closed shots M.G.! 8)
You got it! ::tu::
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

JamieinWV wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:19 pm
CluelessNick wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:13 pm

Didn’t mean to push you over the edge, but you should not be standing so close to the edge… it’s hard on the billfold
No, not your fault. I have a sickness I think.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Sticking to Mark's comfort knife theme. Here is my latest Colonial Old Cutler find. When I started my knife obsession only a year or so back I was mainly focused on Old Cutler knives cause they are good , inexpensive knives. I have expanded to other brands but still love my Old Cutlers and continue to add to the pile. It is comforting to sit at my desk and just admire the knives on the wall right in front of me. Truly a sickness.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
MissouriGuerrilla

Today's comfort knife...A Milano Stiletto.
Attachments
DSC05098.JPG
DSC05099.JPG
DSC05100.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I remember not too long ago you landing at AAPK Nick, and just look at you now! Lots more experience identifying knives, sticking with a pattern for no other reason than you like it, over 400 posts with picture in many of them, warmly welcoming new members, and consistent participation in the discussions, sounds like a solid dedicated member to me. Regarding glancing over at your knives to simply admire them, that was one of my greatest pleasures, but in order to keep the dust off them I have zippered up the pouches so I can no longer just glance over to see them, and I really miss that. And I beg to differ with you that this hobby is a sickness, I look at it more as a deep passion not unhealthy in any way and considering some of the things that could capture our interests, I don't think we're doin' too badly! I'm drooling over your wooden displays, and I'm trying to imagine them with glass coverings to keep the dust out, then they'd be perfect for me! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Now you're talkin' my language M.G.! Really cool little knife you showed us today. Stilettos are my all-time favorite style knife, and even the smaller models get my attention, and that's comin' from a BIG knife guy. I started a "Milano" thread in the "Switchblade Collectors Forum", and you may want to post it there too! Love your knife! 8)
8)
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:03 pm I remember not too long ago you landing at AAPK Nick, and just look at you now! Lots more experience identifying knives, sticking with a pattern for no other reason than you like it, over 400 posts with picture in many of them, warmly welcoming new members, and consistent participation in the discussions, sounds like a solid dedicated member to me. Regarding glancing over at your knives to simply admire them, that was one of my greatest pleasures, but in order to keep the dust off them I have zippered up the pouches so I can no longer just glance over to see them, and I really miss that. And I beg to differ with you that this hobby is a sickness, I look at it more as a deep passion not unhealthy in any way and considering some of the things that could capture our interests, I don't think we're doin' too badly! I'm drooling over your wooden displays, and I'm trying to imagine them with glass coverings to keep the dust out, then they'd be perfect for me! 8)
Thanks for the kind words Mark. I believe you were the first to welcome me to the forum and it meant a lot to me.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

CluelessNick wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:32 am Thanks Mark. This has always just seemed to be Madmarco's thread in my mind but it is such a good idea I hope people keep it going.
Following your good advice, this is one that i have been carrying for a few weeks now.
IMG_20220902_095608.jpg
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Hey Cudgee, what is that ? I really like the blade and the handle. I guess I like the whole knife. Does that blade style have a name or is it just well worn?
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

What Nick said cudgee, and more pictures please! I think, and "think" being the operative word, that blade style is called "reverse-tanto", Nick! 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Thanks boy's. It is a A.Wright made in Sheffield Lambsfoot blade knife. I reprofiled it from 20 degrees to 15 degrees per side, it is a beautiful slicer now, razor sharp. The covers are ironwood that have darkened over time with carry and use.
IMG_20220923_125257.jpg
IMG_20220923_125316.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks cudgee, that's a beautiful knife you have there! 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Couple Smith&Wessons
IMG_20220926_134755723.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20220926_134755723.jpg

Return to “General Knife Discussion”