Comfort Knives!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Comfort Knives!

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks TMK! ::handshake:: Your Browning is a real looker too, and I'm sure very comfortable in-hand! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I got this knife in today from Mark at SSk along with a set of 2 folders, so it's my knife of the day! It's an 8" oal Tommy Lee designed boot dagger/AUS-8 steel dual-edged tapered dagger blade, NS satin-finish tapered bolsters and pins, and very nice black micarta scales. Very thin and weighing only 3.1 oz.'s, with both edges unbelievably sharp. Made in Seki, Japan and wearing Paragon markings. An absolute pleasure to handle and use! A now favorite of mine! 8)
WIN_20210107_13_39_17_Pro.jpg
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

That is gorgeous, Marco!
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

These kept me company the other day while working. A Cat 225Q and a Queen City fighting knife.
Attachments
DSC00053.JPG
steve99f
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

toomanyknives wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:46 pm That is gorgeous, Marco!
Thanks bud! ::handshake:: I appreciate you looking! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

steve99f wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:09 am These kept me company the other day while working. A Cat 225Q and a Queen City fighting knife.
A couple of rugged old soldiers there for sure Steve! ::tu:: Very nice! 8)
8)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:33 am
toomanyknives wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:46 pm That is gorgeous, Marco!
Thanks bud! ::handshake:: I appreciate you looking! 8)
Yes sir! ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Very nice Steve.
Mark that Paragon dagger is amazing isn’t it? That one will be the pride of your collection. Plus these are getting extremely hard to get and the prices have gone up like crazy since I bought my first one. Enjoy.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks guys! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This set of 2 are others I received recently, so they're today's knives! They are IC Cut lockback models measuring 7 3/4" oal and 5 1/4" oal/SS drop-point blades, NS bolsters liners and pins, and Stamina wood covers. About 5 and 1.5 oz.'s, and sharp. Made in Seki, Japan. A nice set! 8)
WIN_20210108_12_09_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210108_12_10_17_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210108_12_11_13_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Going with my moded AGA Campolin manual swinguard stiletto that I removed the s/g from to give it an "icepick" profile! 9" oal/SS dagger blade minus n/n, SS bolsters, brass liners and pins, and black ebony wood covers. About 4 oz.'s, with only the bottom edge sharpened. Bears AGA markings, and built in Maniago Italy. This piece is built exactly the same as their auto version, less the auto mechanism. I much prefer an "icepick" look so I removed the guards(I kept em' though, just in case)which were necessary for opening, so I need to use a knife pick to open the blade, but once it's open I keep it that way until I'm finished with the knife for the day. I also have this knife with cocobolo covers! 8)
WIN_20210109_12_54_20_Pro.jpg
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Some real comfy blades, keepin' you boys company this new year.
::tu::

What's by my side as I type...
Attachments
1976 Queen #39 Large Hunter, with ole smoothie.
1976 Queen #39 Large Hunter, with ole smoothie.
1937 Bugatti 57S Atalante Coupe.
1937 Bugatti 57S Atalante Coupe.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:36 pm Some real comfy blades, keepin' you boys company this new year.

Really nice knives, and coupe Willy! 8)
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:30 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:36 pm Some real comfy blades, keepin' you boys company this new year.

Really nice knives, and coupe Willy! 8)
Thank you Mark.
::handshake::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm going with this Schrade Classic humpback stiletto for today's knife, and I believe it was fashioned after the John Nowill and Sons folding knives, due to the exact same engraved bolsters, although, the rear tang stamp reads, "Stewart A. Taylor and Sons", so I find that confusing. It's 8 3/4" oal/SS spear-point blade, what are either NS or brass bolsters, brass liners and pins, and black ABS covers with brass inlay. About a 4 oz. weight, and surprisingly sharp. Has a banner etch with "God Armeth the Patriot" inside, and Schrade Classic front tang stamp. I've included a pic of what I know for sure is a Nowill and Sons conversion, in order to show the identical bolsters. 8)
WIN_20210110_12_43_00_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210110_14_47_12_Pro.jpg
8)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Madmarco, On this cold and dreary(to me) Sunday afternoon, I have gone through this thread you started back in December and have thoroughly enjoyed viewing and reading about the interesting knives you have chosen as "comfort knife" from day to day. Most of the knives you have displayed are of a style that I have never considered using. Your Sod Buster, I can relate to and then Willy Camaro shows us a #39 Queen folding hunter yesterday as a comfort knife, well that made me feel right at home. All that to say that my comfort knife is an old, well worn #39 that has had a small EO notch cut in the mark side handle to access a nail nick that disappeared after curing the skinning blade tip that began to be a bit proud. It is my comfort knife. :) There's no telling how many knives I have bought or traded for with the intent of using as my go to deer knife but most times I end up reaching for my old faithful Queen.
001.JPG
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

treefarmer wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:36 pm Madmarco, On this cold and dreary(to me) Sunday afternoon, I have gone through this thread you started back in December and have thoroughly enjoyed viewing and reading about the interesting knives you have chosen as "comfort knife" from day to day. Most of the knives you have displayed are of a style that I have never considered using. Your Sod Buster, I can relate to and then Willy Camaro shows us a #39 Queen folding hunter yesterday as a comfort knife, well that made me feel right at home. All that to say that my comfort knife is an old, well worn #39 that has had a small EO notch cut in the mark side handle to access a nail nick that disappeared after curing the skinning blade tip that began to be a bit proud. It is my comfort knife. :) There's no telling how many knives I have bought or traded for with the intent of using as my go to deer knife but most times I end up reaching for my old faithful Queen. 001.JPG
Treefarmer
Really happy to hear that you're enjoying all the posts T.F.! ::handshake:: I know that I for one really enjoy posting them, and also seeing everyone else's posts. My penchant is for stiletto style knives, auto or manual, although, in the 6 months I've been on the forum I've discovered so many other styles, but I've learned(the hard way, btw)that I can't get every knife I like, so I satisfy my addiction with buying what I can, and just enjoy viewing all the one's I can't. Your #39 is super cool, and I love the modification you did with the EO notch, very inventive! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I went with the shorter version of this Schrade Classic humpback stiletto yesterday, so I'm going with it's bigger brother for my knife today! This one is 9 3/4" oal/SS spear-point blade, brass accented and engraved "earless" bolsters, brass liners and pins, and black ABS covers with brass inlay. Weighs about 3 oz.'s, and displays smooth walk and loud talk when opening/closing. These come as manual folding slip-joint knives, but Muskrat Man does beautiful conversions to autos, and I'm seriously considering sending them to him for such work, but he's so busy that you need to catch him at just the right time. We'll see! 8)
WIN_20210111_12_29_27_Pro.jpg
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Man, Madmarko, you are on a roll dude! Some awesome, comfy knives you have in your collection, liken what I'm seeing dog.

Same again for me today, this time with a '56 Super 88. The car the whooped all the competition's behinds...
::woot::
Attachments
DSCN4482.JPG
DSCN4484.JPG
Winston Churchill

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Willy! ::handshake:: I certainly can see why you'd choose those knives again for today, they're both real good lookers, and, very good users too, I'd bet! ::tu:: And the Old's, WOW, they sure don't make em' like that anymore! 8)
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you Mark.
I completely agree, they certainly don't make knives, and cars like they used too.
::handshake::
Winston Churchill

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have my French built, Italian style vendetta slip-joint with me today! This little folder is 8" oal/12C27 Sandvik spear-point blade minus n/n so "pinch" opening, SS elongated bolsters, SS liners and pins, and black ebony wood covers. Only 2.5 oz.'s, and incredibly sharp. Built by the Theirs Cutlery Company in France, and bears their markings. Smooth slip-joint action, and very loud talk when closing! 8)
WIN_20210112_11_57_38_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Careful, don't close it on your finger. There is another thread for that if you do.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yah, this one closes like a steel trap Sam, definitely don't want any digits in the way! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I haven't played nearly enough with this knife since I got it, so it's today's comfort knife! A Rogers designed CRKT 7096 CEO A/O 7 5/8" oal linerlock folder/SS drop-point blade riding on roller-bearing washers and a thumb-stud and swedge running along the entire top on both sides, SS liners and screws, adjustable pivot, black textured GRN(glass reinforced nylon)covers, and pocket-clip. A touch over 2 oz.'s, and very sharp. Bears CRKT markings. With a flick on the stud with my thumb this knife flies open, and locks-up tight. The knife displays a feature I haven't seen on very many knives, that being, the blade completely disappears into the handle when closed. My copy came from China, but since I'm unsure if CRKT has knives made in China, I don't know if it's a clone or a counterfeit. ***A TIP!*** For anyone who owns one of these knives, or is thinking about getting one, and is having trouble using the stud due to it being so small and their hands being so big, they are now being built with a "flipper" attached to the spine, and no stud, and in the video I saw they were using it with complete success! Just like with the stud, a slight pull on the flipper until the A/O kicks-in, opens the knife with amazing speed. I haven't seen the flipper models over here yet, but if interested they can be purchased at DHGate.com or Aliexpress.com! So small it virtually disappear in your shirt-pocket, and if it can be seen it looks like a pen! 8)
WIN_20210113_16_09_54_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210113_16_48_26_Pro.jpg
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”