You better watch out, you better not cry....USPS

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: You better watch out, you better not cry....USPS

Post by Quick Steel »

:lol: :lol: ::tu::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

LOL...
Yep, that is about the size of it....

:lol:
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I have another package stuck in the USPS netherlands, it shipped out from Troy, IL on December 14th at 4:09. ::facepalm::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

hardman wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:35 pm Kind of hilarious in a very, very sad way.
But so true. ::tear::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
just bob

Post by just bob »

I’ll relate a funny story I’m currently involved concerning the USPS. We could all use some postal humor. I needed some radio batteries and searched on eBay to find some and found some with free shipping and at a good price. They arrived in good time, but they also arrived with $2.38 postage due. I contacted the seller and informed them of the situation. I also included a picture of the mailing envelope and postal form showing that the item arrived with postage due. I kindly asked for a partial refund.
I could tell from their earliest communications that they had not been on eBay long or in fact in America long, I suspect.
This was the gist of the response I got. Mr. Bob we very much wish to tell you that it is the post office that owes you $2.38 and not us. You can very much see from your picture that we did put a stamp on the envelope before we sent it to you. This American post office is very evil and try to take money away from honest people like me and you. It is very important that you go to the post office and demand that they give you back your $2.38. Then everyone will be happy.
I was very patient and courteous in the response I sent to them and went in some detail trying to explain how this all works. That was all to no avail. I’ve had a couple of other responses that are as bad as the first one. I’m pretty sure they think I am more evil than the post office or that I should confront my mailman and demand that he gives me $2.38.
I really didn’t want to do this because I know these are new sellers learning the ropes, but I opened a claim against them on eBay for a partial refund. They have until the 28th of December to respond to my request. I hope eBay enjoys explaining the postal procedures to them. I did go back and look and they have 2 positive feedbacks, so they are doing something right – maybe? I don't expect they will be eBay seller's for long.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Finally some good news for me. A package i mailed here in Nelson B.C. to a buyer in Oregon on Nov 23rd, got to the Canada Post Sort Center in Richmond B.C. on Nov 25th. Now after 26 days there is tracking info: parcel has left Richmond B.C. and is headed to U.S. Postal Customs. Once it clears Customs it will be in USPS hands so delivery might still take a few weeks. At least it has surfaced ! I am $625 USD relieved.
kj
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:04 pm Finally some good news for me. A package i mailed here in Nelson B.C. to a buyer in Oregon on Nov 23rd, got to the Canada Post Sort Center in Richmond B.C. on Nov 25th. Now after 26 days there is tracking info: parcel has left Richmond B.C. and is headed to U.S. Postal Customs. Once it clears Customs it will be in USPS hands so delivery might still take a few weeks. At least it has surfaced ! I am $625 USD relieved.
kj
WOW....
What a huge pain in the tail.

:shock:
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Mike. The buyer is a most understanding fellow and has been telling me to not worry so much.
My fear was 2 fold: 3 very nice knives 'disappearing' and financial, as i would always refund a buyer if what i shipped failed to arrive and this package is quite high value for me.
kj
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Thank the Lord for understanding buyers!

::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:04 pm Finally some good news for me. A package i mailed here in Nelson B.C. to a buyer in Oregon on Nov 23rd, got to the Canada Post Sort Center in Richmond B.C. on Nov 25th. Now after 26 days there is tracking info: parcel has left Richmond B.C. and is headed to U.S. Postal Customs. Once it clears Customs it will be in USPS hands so delivery might still take a few weeks. At least it has surfaced ! I am $625 USD relieved.
kj
Glad it's working out for you K.J.! ::tu:: I thought I would make a brilliant move and have a package from Mark at SSk shipped via UPS, as opposed to USPS, which we usually use. I was kindda nervous about USPS due to the current slow service and losses, so I figured UPS would be quicker and safer, and, the charges were only US$2. more. I was right about the quicker part because Mark mailed the package yesterday, and it was already cleared by Customs this morning, BUT, they dinged me for CDN$40. for duty and taxes! This ordinarily would only be a financial issue, but since I don't currently have the necessary funds on my credit card, my package will stay with UPS for as long as it takes me to pay. I'm waiting for a payment to clear on my card, which should happen today or tomorrow, but, my package may have an attempted delivery before that, but, due to covid the drivers won't accept C.O.D., so I'm being told by UPS that it's highly unlikely a delivery will even be attempted. Under normal circumstances a deliver notice would be left for pick-up, but, once again due to covid ALL their locations are closed where I live, so I have no idea where my package will be. My only hope is that my C.C. payment will clear in time for me to pay online or by phone before 11:00 P.M. tomorrow, after which everything will shut down for Christmas. From here on in I will only ship via USPS Express, which will cost me US$18. more than our usual Priority, but worth it to me for the additional protection and speed. So much for my brilliant ideas! It's nice to see that Customs REALLY has the Christmas spirit! 8)
8)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Last year i sent an expensive knife to a well known knife dealer in USA asking that he try to sell it for me. A year went by and no sale so i asked him to send the knife back. He shipped it USPS and Canada Customs charged me tax, 12% of knife's value. I ended up paying Canada Customs for my own knife.
kj
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:08 pm Last year i sent an expensive knife to a well known knife dealer in USA asking that he try to sell it for me. A year went by and no sale so i asked him to send the knife back. He shipped it USPS and Canada Customs charged me tax, 12% of knife's value. I ended up paying Canada Customs for my own knife.
kj
I've actually had pretty good luck with USPS, only once when I got cheap and had too many knives sent in 1 package so it was kindda heavy did Customs charge me D+T. The 2 times I used a courier, the current one from UPS and one via DHL, I was charged D+T! I'd have thought it would be the other way around. ::shrug:: Some days ya just can't win! ::doh:: 8)
8)
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Bills.jpg
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

LOL....
THAT is a good one Doc!!

::tu::
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Beware of "free shipping" that's my 2 cents worth. Merry Christmas! ::ds:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Doc B wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:50 pmBills.jpg
When I got my mail yesterday and it was nothing but bills, I was thinking the exact same thing Doc, ::idea:: the post office has NO problem getting my bills to me, ::tu:: yet nothing but trouble getting my packages to me! ::td:: What's up with that! ::shrug:: MERRY CHRISTMAS USPS & CANADA POST! 8)
8)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Doc B wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:50 pmBills.jpg
Very clever, Doc. And fairly accurate.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Paid 2-3 day Priority shipping for a purchase on the saturday before Christmas with the hopes of it arriving in time. I knew it was a gamble, but had faith the USPS would come through ... I was wrong (still waiting). :x

I just wish we could hold them accountable for taking our money for expedited shipping & not delivering on the deal.
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The Christmas present that went walkabout for 18 days, finally reached it's destination and was delivered yesterday. Finally. ::ds::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Congratulations Jerry! Unfortunately mine has not moved - still shows “picked up” at Madisonville, KY. on December 10 but nothing since. ::uc::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Purchased on December 14th. ::facepalm::
Attachments
Screenshot_20201227-101400.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Here is my latest USPS debacle.
Capture.JPG
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Mail delivery sure ain't what it used to be.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

USPS did well by me. CanadaPost took 25 days to get a parcel from Saskatoon to San Fransisco. Once US customs released it, USPS got it across the country to Madison, WI and out for delivery in two days.
Dan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:02 pm Here is my latest USPS debacle.
Capture.JPG
I feel your pain David. I have one that's been sitting an hour away since last Tuesday. ::facepalm::
I have faith that it will make it but I'm sick up and fed with waiting.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”