CAVES and DISPLAYS. LET'S SEE YOURS.

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: CAVES and DISPLAYS. LET'S SEE YOURS.

Post by Madmarco »

Ridgegrass wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:36 pm Just added this to the cave. 1"x 1" vinyl moldings. Also comes in 1-1/8" x 1-1/8" for the big ones. This is 32" x 12' and holds 58 pieces. 3 screws per shelf.
By the way, if you're a BB gun enthusiast, that's a 1937 "KING" above, (pre-Daisy). Still shoots fine. J.O'.
All your displays look teriffic J.O.! ::tu:: I really like this last one with your knives all laying beside each other in open view and very organized looking. You are a serious collector my friend! I am a BB gun enthusiasts, although the only one I own is a Denix P.08 .177 caliber Parabellum Luger, no rifles though. Once again, your set-up looks great! 8)
8)
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks Marco! Nice of you to say that. They're a bit random. I just can't seem to organize by brand or pattern. The KA-BAR's and CATT's have their own displays but I'm a random kind of guy. I'm running out of wall! ::handshake:: J.O.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Ridgegrass wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:36 pm Just added this to the cave. 1"x 1" vinyl moldings. Also comes in 1-1/8" x 1-1/8" for the big ones. This is 32" x 12' and holds 58 pieces. 3 screws per shelf.
By the way, if you're a BB gun enthusiast, that's a 1937 "KING" above, (pre-Daisy). Still shoots fine. J.O'.
Really nice displays. I also like the King and The Mosin M44 on the wall. ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Smitty: Thanks. The Mosin, with a war trophy registration, came home with me in '68. My Mom, bless her, kept it "in a safe place" for me when I was crazy. She passed on and the DD form was lost. I tried many times to get it replaced and the last answer from DD was those forms were only for transport and were not kept as permanent records. So, the DD letter to me with that info is all I have for provenance. Want to pass it to my grandsons. Used to shoot it for fun. It makes a bushel basket sized cloud of flame and smoke and will cripple your shoulder! :D J.O'.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Ridgegrass wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:01 pm Smitty: Thanks. The Mosin, with a war trophy registration, came home with me in '68. My Mom, bless her, kept it "in a safe place" for me when I was crazy. She passed on and the DD form was lost. I tried many times to get it replaced and the last answer from DD was those forms were only for transport and were not kept as permanent records. So, the DD letter to me with that info is all I have for provenance. Want to pass it to my grandsons. Used to shoot it for fun. It makes a bushel basket sized cloud of flame and smoke and will cripple your shoulder! :D J.O'.
Cool backstory on the Mosin. I have a M44, A M38, A M91 New England Westinghouse , a Tika M91 and a Sako M39. All fun shooters. But you are right, the M44 and M38 carbine both blow clouds and in low light a pretty impressive fireball.

Smitty
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

::tu:: Yep. J.O'.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Ridgegrass just WOW ::ds::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks Dogg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I came across this glass-topped stand recently and thought my display cards would look good on it, what do you guys think? It's considerably better than the way I had them in terms of organization, but I'm still stuck with the problem of dust accumulation so I'll keep looking for a chest with drawers of some sort that I can afford. I have 1 more card on the way so I can even out the bottom row. Sorry for the lousy picture, I had to juggle everything around in order to take the shot with my laptop! 8)
WIN_20210506_15_09_42_Pro.jpg
8)
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Looks great! Neat and trim. If you're like I am, you've got to see them, Can't put them away or out of sight. ::tu:: J.O'.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks J.O., appreciate you saying so! And yes, I am exactly like you, if I can't see my knives at a glance then what's the point. That's part of the reason I've been slow to acquire a chest of drawers, with the drawer closed no one can see the knives, including ME! Hopefully I can find something with a glass top and lots of room. Do you know a way to deal with the dust accumulating other than regular dusting, cuz I'm just too lazy to be doing that? 8)
8)
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

They make small, room sized HEPA filter/air circulators. Maybe a home center catalog? Good luck. I use a feather duster couple times a year. Long handle so I don't have to expend too much energy. :D J.O'.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Ridgegrass wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:14 pm They make small, room sized HEPA filter/air circulators. Maybe a home center catalog? Good luck. I use a feather duster couple times a year. Long handle so I don't have to expend too much energy. :D J.O'.
Thanks J.O.! I have a HEPA filter circulator that works wonders on smoke and odors, but not much good for dust. I too use a feather duster, but it seems I could dust every day and I have far better things to occupy my time than dusting. Thanks for the suggestions all the same! 8)
8)
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Madmarco wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 pm
Ridgegrass wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:14 pm They make small, room sized HEPA filter/air circulators. Maybe a home center catalog? Good luck. I use a feather duster couple times a year. Long handle so I don't have to expend too much energy. :D J.O'.
Thanks J.O.! I have a HEPA filter circulator that works wonders on smoke and odors, but not much good for dust. I too use a feather duster, but it seems I could dust every day and I have far better things to occupy my time than dusting. Thanks for the suggestions all the same! 8)
Depends on the type of heat/air conditioning system in your home.We have gas fired forced hot/cold air and dust is always a problem.Change the filters twice a year but the problem persists.May have to have the ducting cleaned out(time consuming and expensive).My shop uses ventless gas fired heaters which are great and relatively inexpensive to run but if you don't crack a door open slightly(no windows in the shop)they carburize horribly. Also it precludes me doing any spray painting in the winter.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

knife7knut wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:25 am
Madmarco wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 pm
Depends on the type of heat/air conditioning system in your home.We have gas fired forced hot/cold air and dust is always a problem.Change the filters twice a year but the problem persists.May have to have the ducting cleaned out(time consuming and expensive).My shop uses ventless gas fired heaters which are great and relatively inexpensive to run but if you don't crack a door open slightly(no windows in the shop)they carburize horribly. Also it precludes me doing any spray painting in the winter.
Thanks for this additional info Ray. I live in an apartment building and it's electric heat with 1 small fan in the bathroom for ventilation so I don't have the opportunity to change filters, but even if I did, from what you say that wouldn't make much difference anyway. I think it's ultimately going to come down to me acquiring some sort of chest like they sell at Harbour Freight, and sacrificing visibility for less dust, as much as I really don't like that idea. I'll figure it out! Thx again! 8)
8)
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Finished my wall display with those plastic corner moldings. There are 60 pieces up now. Might be room for another tier below.

Hey, don't forget our Delmarva show on September 18th at Windmill Creek Winery in Berlin MD (near Ocean City.) Free to vendors, swappers, displayers, and lookers.
Directions at www.windmillcreekvineyard.com, Hope to see some AAPK folks. J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_3397.jpg
IMG_3396.jpg
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Correction: 99 pieces on the three shelves. J.O'.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

I'm not worthy! Fantastic displays, everyone... :shock:
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Ridgegrass wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:18 pm Finished my wall display with those plastic corner moldings. There are 60 pieces up now. Might be room for another tier below.

Hey, don't forget our Delmarva show on September 18th at Windmill Creek Winery in Berlin MD (near Ocean City.) Free to vendors, swappers, displayers, and lookers.
Directions at www.windmillcreekvineyard.com, Hope to see some AAPK folks. J.O'.
Awesome way to display them!!

Smitty
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Very nice R.G.! I really like the stand-up cabinet display too! It shows exactly what you have, and, protects the knives from dust! Very cool! 8)
8)
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks all. Really recommend those corner moldings. With price of lumber the vinyl ones are very cheap by comparison. J.O'.
Maddogfl

Post by Maddogfl »

Hurricane Michael dropped 60% of the trees on my property. I took an old (horizontal) cedar to the mill and made this quickie with a piece of plexiglass that was laying around. Not so much a display case as a storage box. I am not yet a collector as I have not researched and cataloged my knives. ;)
Attachments
DSCN2420.JPG
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

Man , a lot of great collections and displays in this thread . Has given me a few good ideas. Here’s most of my little collection & my hobbie room .
E373FC11-5AFA-413D-B7A2-33BB56D2894F.jpeg
4B44D322-7EB7-4906-AB48-67D7ACFC7AF1.jpeg
D50EF0C7-74C3-435E-B6C6-51977116EB53.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Maddogfl wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:21 pm Hurricane Michael dropped 60% of the trees on my property. I took an old (horizontal) cedar to the mill and made this quickie with a piece of plexiglass that was laying around. Not so much a display case as a storage box. I am not yet a collector as I have not researched and cataloged my knives. ;)
Sorry to hear about losing all those trees M.D.. Nice "quickie" you put together! With a bit of organizing it would certainly make a fine display. I see a few autos in there, how bout some pics! Also, what is the silver knife with the flared top bolster in the bottom row just left of the Rizzy and above left of the pink/red stiletto? Thanks! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Rdubya21 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:49 pm Man , a lot of great collections and displays in this thread . Has given me a few good ideas. Here’s most of my little collection & my hobbie room .

E373FC11-5AFA-413D-B7A2-33BB56D2894F.jpeg4B44D322-7EB7-4906-AB48-67D7ACFC7AF1.jpegD50EF0C7-74C3-435E-B6C6-51977116EB53.jpeg
Looks teriffic R21! ::tu:: I see you like the AK-47's, me too except I don't own any yet. I also see a CRKT "Flat Out", which is very coincidental because I'm just about to order one! I really like the display box too, they use to sell similar or the same at Harbor Freight, or maybe still do! ::shrug:: Great "Man Cave" too! 8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”