Ebay's GSP shipping

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ebay's GSP shipping

Post by knifeaholic »

Here are two listings that we can recognize, from the seller's website:

The first one is the Case 2220 that I sold:

https://8tenindustries.com/collections/ ... -near-mint

This one is unmistakable (by pics and description) a knife originally sold by forum member olderdogs1:

https://8tenindustries.com/collections/ ... -2-1920-40

I expect that the Case XX 04247 that I recently sold will show up there soon.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:32 am I still think the FBI's organized crime group needs to be brought in on this. A banning by fleabay will not change anything. The participants of this criminal conspiracy will just change their names and keep doing it.
AGREED 100%!!! 8)
8)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

kootenay joe wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:24 am Some progress ?
After explaining the events to an ebay agent i now have received an email from "customerhelp@ebay.com". This agent asked me to explain the problem in some detail which i did. The link above to 'scavengerlife' goes to a thread that gives examples of exactly what happened to my knife with ebay seller "8ten1944" always relisting the item stolen by GSP and always using the original seller's pictures.
This shows it is not just a single event but a regular occurrence and should be sufficient for the ebay agent to take it seriously.
This is just 'entry level' help i am getting not 'top level' as Mark says is likely needed. But it is a start and it might actually result in an investigation.
kj
Follow Up:
i just received another email from ebay customer support. They fully support whatever decisions GSP makes regarding not shipping and confiscating. So ebay is in on this 'racket' too because they know from many online posts that the items 'confiscated' by GSP are legal to ship to destination country. It is not just pocket knives that GSP is confiscating. It is a wide variety of collectible items.
The CROOKS WIN !
I will leave scathing FB once the knife is safely in my P.O. box in the Northport P.O.
kj
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

I still say they (PitneyBowes, EBAY and the seller) all need to be reported to the FBI.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I just don’t understand how Ebay isn’t losing a ton of money on this? Who is paying the buyer off, is it Ebay or GSP? If it’s GSP then they must be profiting somehow. I would still pursue this with the Internet Crime division of the FBI.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Kase's Kutlery Plus

Post by Kase's Kutlery Plus »

For what its worth I sell a lot of knives on eBay. The gsp will not touch a knife because there dangerous. I have accidentally selected Gsp before. When someone agrees to purchase said knife Ebay blocks the buyers from purchasing. I'm not even sure how the transaction went through.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Kase's Kutlery Plus wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:02 am For what its worth I sell a lot of knives on eBay. The gsp will not touch a knife because there dangerous. I have accidentally selected Gsp before. When someone agrees to purchase said knife Ebay blocks the buyers from purchasing. I'm not even sure how the transaction went through.
I have my Ebay seller policies set up so that I do not ship overseas. Yet some buyers still buy with GSP. I have no idea whether as a seller I have any choice on that.
Kase's Kutlery Plus

Post by Kase's Kutlery Plus »

knifeaholic wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:46 pm
Kase's Kutlery Plus wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:02 am For what its worth I sell a lot of knives on eBay. The gsp will not touch a knife because there dangerous. I have accidentally selected Gsp before. When someone agrees to purchase said knife Ebay blocks the buyers from purchasing. I'm not even sure how the transaction went through.
I have my Ebay seller policies set up so that I do not ship overseas. Yet some buyers still buy with GSP. I have no idea whether as a seller I have any choice on that.
Well if you have a international sale they shouldn't be able to pay. When you invoice them select first class package. Thats the cheapest way you can send it. Its your choice.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”