Ebay's GSP shipping

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ebay's GSP shipping

Post by Madmarco »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:57 am FWIW--Here's a screen shot of the two sold listings for the same item taken from http://www.watchcount.com/completed.php ... &bxp=#serp

Here's Roland's (newtreasures) original listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rodgers-Cutler ... 7675.l2557

Here's the identical listing (same photos & description) from the suspicious seller (8ten1944): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rodgers-Cutler ... 7675.l2557

(The only difference in the listings is 8ten1944 doesn't ship to Alaska/Hawaii...I wonder why ::hmm:: )
Or, Canada! 8)
8)
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Railsplitter wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:28 am
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:26 am I called the contact information on the GSP. I talked with a man and gave him examples of the knives mentioned in KJ’s post. He told me the knife was confiscated because of the category it was listed under “knives and swords”. The same knife listed now by the guy in Cass Michigan is listed under kitchen collectibles knives. He told me that if you ship to Canada through the GPS program you need to use a category like collectibles or kitchen. In other words don’t tell the truth. In essences he told me to commit fraud against customs in Canada.
I am going to be looking into a whistle blowers suit against Ebay. There is good money in being a whistleblower when you uncover a major fraud
Hope this helps.
Bravo Mark! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Nice job Mark!!

Roland I'm glad you bought the knife back.

I did not know anything about this GPS shipping thing till this happened. I sell very little on ebay anymore and never ship outside of the CONUS, too much of a hassle. I loose a bid or 2 but so be it.

This whole thing is quite disturbing to say the least. This guy who listed the knife in Mich, how did he get the knife? When I asked him he was evasive. That is the real issue here and will ebay or some law enforcement agency do anything or give a crap. Roland you shipped the knife to a location, where was that and is there a way to call someone at that location? That is where the theft happened. That is what this is pure theft. If customs confiscated the knife then they should still have it. I've never heard of any government agency anywhere move that fast in getting rid of the stuff they confiscate, NEVER!! The fact that I asked the seller where he got it from and he was not forthcoming to me means he is shady. Honest people are not evasive period, in my opinion.

As I said I'm glad you got the knife back but sorry you had to pay for it and also go through all this bull!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Mark & Mike, thank you for your help and insights.
This has nothing to do with Canada Customs. Newtreasures sold this knife for me and sent it to GSP in Kentucky for shipping to the buyer in Canada. It was 'confiscated' by GSP with the excuse that knives cannot be sent to Canada. This is a lie. Only auto and flickable knives are banned from being imported into Canada.
Regardless, if GSP did not want to ship it, they should have sent it back to 'newtreasures'. But instead they stole it and somehow it got to '8ten1944' along with a link to 'newtreasures' original listing from which '8ten1944' took the pictures for his own listing.
This is THEFT. Finding a person in a position of authority with Pitney Bowes who own GSP shipping is the next step but i do not know how to do this.
It is obvious that '8ten1944' knows he listed (and sold) a stolen knife. Please do not contact this seller about this until after he has had time to ship the knife back to me. If you have not read this entire thread, i bought my knife back from '8ten1944'.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

From doing a little research on filing a complaint, I think the best government agency to pursue this is the Consumer Protection Agency. Here is a web link : https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints. After searching the forms and the information online I have come to the conclusion that someone involved with the transaction needs to file this complaint. They are looking for documents and proof of wrong doing. Since I am not involved in the transactions I can’t provide that information, but those of you who have, can file the complaint with the CPA. I would strongly encourage you to do so.
I know that having the CPA on your back is not something that any business wants to have happen to them so I think this would be the strongest message you could send to get this resolved. If nothing else, mention that you are contacting the CPA when you talk to the businesses involved, that should get their attention. Hope this helps.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Mark. I will give it a try. I wonder if me being a Canadian and living in Canada has any effect on filing a complaint with the American Consumer Protection Agency ?
kj
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:44 pm Thanks Mark. I will give it a try. I wonder if me being a Canadian and living in Canada has any effect on filing a complaint with the American Consumer Protection Agency ?
kj
Maybe it would be "better" to have your proxy seller, newtreasures, file the complaint since he's the one who sold it and he is based in the USA. ::shrug::
~Q~
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

This character could very well be an employee of GSP and has been doing this for a very long time. Pure speculation on my part...but this guy is the purest of 'dirt bags'. Furthermore....I truly hope you actually get your knife back, KJ. Look at this dude's negative FB. It's not pretty. He is a shyster, a thief and a very dishonest person.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Well, well, well...this dude has been busy. Read this thread...KJ isn't the only one who's been scammed. This guy is very deep into stealing other people's items and reselling them...using their OWN photos, just like he did with KJ's. :x There has got to be a way to report this where charges are filed and this guy is prosecuted to the fullest extent.

https://www.scavengerlife.com/forums/to ... or-return/
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I don't know if this site is connected to this 8ten1944 of ebay, but is sure seems suspect with related items. This site is located in Michigan also.

And the rabbit hole keeps getting deeper...

Edit: Just clicked on the below link's "return policy"...and look where it's located:

RETURN ADDRESS
8Ten Industries Attn: Returns
4162 Doerr Rd.
Cass City, MI 48726
United States

And another edit: Possible name of this character. We'll know once KJ receives his knife with a return address...if he used his name. (copied from the above website thread)

"8Ten’s parent company’s called Engineered Insanity Inc. Christopher Ball is President, Secretary, Treasurer, Director and Agent. He’s got some damn good get-up-and-go for a 76-year-old! Maybe he’s a teenager, and 8ten1944 is run by his grandmother."

https://8tenindustries.com/collections/ ... ory_knives
LJ

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

So, 8ten Industries IS connected to 8ten1944. This info taken from Better Business Bureau.

4162 Dover Road
Cass City, MI 48726

http://www.ebay.com/str/8TEN1944
(810) 404-3501
LJ

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

KLJ77 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:11 pm I don't know if this site is connected to this 8ten1944 of ebay, but is sure seems suspect with related items. This site is located in Michigan also.

And the rabbit hole keeps getting deeper...

Edit: Just clicked on the below link's "return policy"...and look where it's located:

RETURN ADDRESS
8Ten Industries Attn: Returns
4162 Doerr Rd.
Cass City, MI 48726
United States

And another edit: Possible name of this character. We'll know once KJ receives his knife with a return address...if he used his name. (copied from the above website thread)

"8Ten’s parent company’s called Engineered Insanity Inc. Christopher Ball is President, Secretary, Treasurer, Director and Agent. He’s got some damn good get-up-and-go for a 76-year-old! Maybe he’s a teenager, and 8ten1944 is run by his grandmother."

https://8tenindustries.com/collections/ ... ory_knives
Not only in Michigan, but in Cass City Michigan, the exact same location as "8ten1944"! 8)
8)
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

KLJ77 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:42 pm This character could very well be an employee of GSP
That was my first thought as well, since it seems highly unlikely the knife ever even made it to Canadian Customs. ::hmm::
~Q~
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

KLJ77 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:50 pm Well, well, well...this dude has been busy. Read this thread...KJ isn't the only one who's been scammed. This guy is very deep into stealing other people's items and reselling them...using their OWN photos, just like he did with KJ's. :x There has got to be a way to report this where charges are filed and this guy is prosecuted to the fullest extent.

https://www.scavengerlife.com/forums/to ... or-return/
Thanks KLJ77. You nailed it. Your link to 'scavengerlife' has posts that state exactly what happened to me: ebay seller sends item to GSP for shipping, GSP 'confiscates' it even though no shipping laws will be broken and the item then soon shows up listed on ebay by 8ten1944 and he uses pictures from the original listing.
It is crooked and 8ten1944 is part of it.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:11 pm
KLJ77 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:42 pm This character could very well be an employee of GSP
That was my first thought as well, since it seems highly unlikely the knife ever even made it to Canadian Customs. ::hmm::
QT, this has nothing to do with Canada Customs.
kj
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:41 pm
QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:11 pm
QT, this has nothing to do with Canada Customs.
kj
That's what I said. :?
~Q~
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

I don't know squat but this sure seems like it should fall into the category of "Organized Criminal Activity Across State Lines", making it a FEDERAL CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY.

Someone affected by this gangs' activity needs to contact the FBI's Organized Crime section and report it, along with any and all evidence accumulated.

It will need to be someone directly affected by the activity making the report.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Just found this Internet Crime Complaint Center, here is the link: https://www.ic3.gov/ . This might be a very good place to start for those of you involved in this GSP issue with Pitney Bowes. It says that you can file on behalf of someone else, but it does ask for details that might best be supplied by those involved. Hope this helps.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Some progress ?
After explaining the events to an ebay agent i now have received an email from "customerhelp@ebay.com". This agent asked me to explain the problem in some detail which i did. The link above to 'scavengerlife' goes to a thread that gives examples of exactly what happened to my knife with ebay seller "8ten1944" always relisting the item stolen by GSP and always using the original seller's pictures.
This shows it is not just a single event but a regular occurrence and should be sufficient for the ebay agent to take it seriously.
This is just 'entry level' help i am getting not 'top level' as Mark says is likely needed. But it is a start and it might actually result in an investigation.
kj
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Good for you Roland! ::tu:: Nail the slimeball! 8)
8)
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

I still think the FBI's organized crime group needs to be brought in on this. A banning by fleabay will not change anything. The participants of this criminal conspiracy will just change their names and keep doing it.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Here are two listings that we can recognize, from the seller's website:

The first one is the Case 2220 that I sold:

https://8tenindustries.com/collections/ ... -near-mint

This one is unmistakable (by pics and description) a knife originally sold by forum member olderdogs1:

https://8tenindustries.com/collections/ ... -2-1920-40

I expect that the Case XX 04247 that I recently sold will show up there soon.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

zzyzzogeton wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:32 am I still think the FBI's organized crime group needs to be brought in on this. A banning by fleabay will not change anything. The participants of this criminal conspiracy will just change their names and keep doing it.
AGREED 100%!!! 8)
8)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

kootenay joe wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:24 am Some progress ?
After explaining the events to an ebay agent i now have received an email from "customerhelp@ebay.com". This agent asked me to explain the problem in some detail which i did. The link above to 'scavengerlife' goes to a thread that gives examples of exactly what happened to my knife with ebay seller "8ten1944" always relisting the item stolen by GSP and always using the original seller's pictures.
This shows it is not just a single event but a regular occurrence and should be sufficient for the ebay agent to take it seriously.
This is just 'entry level' help i am getting not 'top level' as Mark says is likely needed. But it is a start and it might actually result in an investigation.
kj
Follow Up:
i just received another email from ebay customer support. They fully support whatever decisions GSP makes regarding not shipping and confiscating. So ebay is in on this 'racket' too because they know from many online posts that the items 'confiscated' by GSP are legal to ship to destination country. It is not just pocket knives that GSP is confiscating. It is a wide variety of collectible items.
The CROOKS WIN !
I will leave scathing FB once the knife is safely in my P.O. box in the Northport P.O.
kj
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

I still say they (PitneyBowes, EBAY and the seller) all need to be reported to the FBI.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I just don’t understand how Ebay isn’t losing a ton of money on this? Who is paying the buyer off, is it Ebay or GSP? If it’s GSP then they must be profiting somehow. I would still pursue this with the Internet Crime division of the FBI.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”