Knives You're Contemplating Purchasing

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Knives You're Contemplating Purchasing

Post by jerryd6818 »

This thread is rated 'E' for everyone.

Or maybe I should have named this Knives on My Ebay Watchlist (or wishlist) :lol: .

This RUIKE P865 Linerlock Blue has my eye and I'm thinking hard about giving one a new home come February.
s-l1600.jpg
And this Douk-Douk 835PM is rolling around in my brain-cage for sometime in the future.
Douk-Douk 835PM.jpg
Plus, there's a mini-trapper sitting in Gixen waiting to be bid on tomorrow night. ::hmm::

Decisions, decisions. I'm not really very good at making decisions.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Re: Knives I'm Contemplating Purchasing

Post by Steve Warden »

My problem is I can have "SQUIRREL!" tendencies.
That is, I'll have my eye on a knife and tell myself that's the one I want. Then I'll start looking around and see something else that catches my eye, then that's the one I want. And when I finally have the cash to make the purchase, something else will catch my eye, and since I have the money, that's the one I'll buy. Then I look back at the first knife I was originally saving for and tell myself that's the one I'll get next time. Then I start looking around and see...*sigh*
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Steve, how well I know the words to that song. (and I love that old joke - "Squirrel") Note the word "Contemplating" in the thread title. So "Contemplate" away. No one is going to hold you to it or judge you if you end up passing on it. This is blue sky country. Maybe I should have named the thread "Wish List" instead. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

1. Case 2015 Sod Buster Jr. Raspberry scales..
2. SAK Spartan Tye Dye scales..
3. Artisian Cutlery Mini Proponent Burlap Micarta handles..
3. CRKT M16 Bronze handles, black oxide blade/hdw..
Gotta dream.. ::facepalm:: :lol: ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I only have one knife on my Wish List right now and it's not due for release until May. I want one of these Fox Recoils in Bone Micarta (not pictured) when they come out.

In the meantime I'm trying to talk myself out of it but right now I want one.
Attachments
Fox Recoil.jpg
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Knives You're Contemplating Purchasing

Post by Papa Bones »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:26 pm This thread is rated 'E' for everyone.
Question: Knives You're Contemplating Purchasing?

My Answer: The one with a blade. ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:23 pm I only have one knife on my Wish List right now and it's not due for release until May. I want one of these Fox Recoils in Bone Micarta (not pictured) when they come out.

Wow Rick! ::woot:: Personally, I wouldn't talk myself out of one of those! Where are you viewing them? ::shrug:: Thanks! Mark! 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:44 pm
Railsplitter wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:23 pm I only have one knife on my Wish List right now and it's not due for release until May. I want one of these Fox Recoils in Bone Micarta (not pictured) when they come out.

Wow Rick! ::woot:: Personally, I wouldn't talk myself out of one of those! Where are you viewing them? ::shrug:: Thanks! Mark! 8)
Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to resist. I really like the Italian Modern Traditional knives that have came out in the last several years. LionSteel, Viper, and now Fox are all putting out some outstanding products. Most of them use Titanium and M390 blade steel which I really like.

The Recoil in my picture above will be 3 1/2 inches closed and can be found on collectorknives.net. It's an Early Reserve product so you might need an account to view them.
Rick T.

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:51 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:44 pm

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to resist. I really like the Italian Modern Traditional knives that have came out in the last several years. LionSteel, Viper, and now Fox are all putting out some outstanding products. Most of them use Titanium and M390 blade steel which I really like.

The Recoil in my picture above will be 3 1/2 inches closed and can be found on collectorknives.net. It's an Early Reserve product so you might need an account to view them.
Thanks for the link, I'll try it! ::handshake:: I'm really liking 2 LionSteel folders I spotted, but they're up there in price, so they'll be a future purchase. One of them, the Bestman, is quite similar to your Recoil, albeit without a gunstock frame. Sure strike me as solid knives! 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:05 pm Thanks for the link, I'll try it! ::handshake:: I'm really liking 2 LionSteel folders I spotted, but they're up there in price, so they'll be a future purchase. One of them, the Bestman, is quite similar to your Recoil, albeit without a gunstock frame. Sure strike me as solid knives! 8)
You're welcome, Mark.

Yep, I've got a couple of those myself but I favor the two blade variant.
Attachments
IMG_4904.JPG
IMG_4907.JPG
Rick T.

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:26 pm there's a mini-trapper sitting in Gixen waiting to be bid on tomorrow night. ::hmm::
jerryd...what Mini-T do you have in your Gixen sights? I also have a couple MTs in my Gixen crosshairs; however, if any of the ones on my list happens to be one you're bidding on please let me know and I will back off since I really can't afford any more knife purchases right now and it would help lessen the feeling of loss if I knew you had won it. ::nod::
~Q~
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Buck has posted their 2021 Catalogue on their site. You can d-load it to your desktop for perusing at your leisure. On page 36, there is listed a new knife they're coming out with...the 256 Decatur that has caught my eye. I believe the MSRP will be around $42.00, but will probably be found a bit less at other knife venues. ::shrug:: Anyroad...that's the one I'm contemplating at the moment, unless some awesome, beautiful exquisite and rare, hard to find, vintage, antique something, something comes up for $5000.00. :roll: ::paranoid::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

KLJ77 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:16 pm Buck has posted their 2021 Catalogue on their site. You can d-load it to your desktop for perusing at your leisure. On page 36, there is listed a new knife they're coming out with...the 256 Decatur that has caught my eye. I believe the MSRP will be around $42.00, but will probably be found a bit less at other knife venues. ::shrug:: Anyroad...that's the one I'm contemplating at the moment, unless some awesome, beautiful exquisite and rare, hard to find, vintage, antique something, something comes up for $5000.00. :roll: ::paranoid::
Some nice offerings in that catalog. I'm eyeing the Paradigm Shift and the Budgie.
Rick T.

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Yes Sir, Rick...that Paradigm does look nice too. Hmmmmm ::hmm::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

QTCut5 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:55 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:26 pm there's a mini-trapper sitting in Gixen waiting to be bid on tomorrow night. ::hmm::
jerryd...what Mini-T do you have in your Gixen sights? I also have a couple MTs in my Gixen crosshairs; however, if any of the ones on my list happens to be one you're bidding on please let me know and I will back off since I really can't afford any more knife purchases right now and it would help lessen the feeling of loss if I knew you had won it. ::nod::
PM sent
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Thank you, jerryd...now if I can just whittle my Gixen list down by a few more knives I might actually be able to keep my one and only New Year's Resolution: not to spend more than I can afford on knives I really want but don't really "need" for my collection.

Yes, some knives (Mini Trappers, Wharncliffes, Wharncliffe Mini Trappers, etc.) are absolutely necessary, while others...many others in fact, are simply knives that I would really like to have. Because I tend to straddle the line between "Collector" and "Accumulator" I'll be the first to admit that sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between the two groups. :? ::undecided::
~Q~
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:15 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:05 pm Thanks for the link, I'll try it! ::handshake:: I'm really liking 2 LionSteel folders I spotted, but they're up there in price, so they'll be a future purchase. One of them, the Bestman, is quite similar to your Recoil, albeit without a gunstock frame. Sure strike me as solid knives! 8)
You're welcome, Mark.

Yep, I've got a couple of those myself but I favor the two blade variant.
Rick! I had to sign-up for an account, but as soon as I did I was able to use their Early Reserve system, thanks again. I put just a "Notify" status on an ebony swinguard cuz I thought they look really cool, but didn't want to commit to "Sure" status cuz I never know if I'll have the needed funds when they become available. The swinguards were the only one's that reservations weren't closed for, so hopefully I'll have a little time once they're available. Really like your Lions, specially the sheepsfoot blade, but I'm strictly a 1-blade guy, so I'll be going for a spear-point model. I'm also very impressed with the gunstock frame on your Recoil, but I've never been a fan of clip-points, so I'll need to wait to see if they make spear-points available on them. They all sure seem like nice, quality folders! 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Mark, if you like the BestMan frame and a single Sheepsoot blade, they are available and this dealer ships to Canada.
https://www.dlttrading.com/lionsteel-be ... sheepsfoot

I don't particularly like the DLT exclusive because I like the Titanium bolsters on the other models but I thought I would point them out in case you haven't seen them. They are also a little more affordable.
Rick T.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:05 am Because I tend to straddle the line between "Collector" and "Accumulator" I'll be the first to admit that sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between the two groups. :? ::undecided::
I know the words to that song.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I have these in my cart but keep resisting pulling the trigger. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Screenshot_20210117-082207.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

Papa Bones wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:44 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:26 pm This thread is rated 'E' for everyone.
Question: Knives You're Contemplating Purchasing?

My Answer: The one with a blade. ::tu::
::rotflol::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Awwww John. Don't change out the handles. They're orange. ::nod::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:52 am
QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:05 am Because I tend to straddle the line between "Collector" and "Accumulator" I'll be the first to admit that sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between the two groups. :? ::undecided::
I know the words to that song.
And I've sung that song way too many times. ::facepalm::
LJ

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:25 am Mark, if you like the BestMan frame and a single Sheepsoot blade, they are available and this dealer ships to Canada.

I don't particularly like the DLT exclusive because I like the Titanium bolsters on the other models but I thought I would point them out in case you haven't seen them. They are also a little more affordable.
Thanks very much for the link Rick! I have an account with DLT, although I've yet to use it, and I hadn't seen any of the Lion's knives on the site yet, and there's a couple models I wasn't aware of, one of them being the Bestmans with the single-blade sheepsfoot. I like the DLT model, but I also really like the Titanium bolsters, so perhaps I'll get a bolstered model 1st, and then a sheepsfoot. All the prices at DLT are a bit less expensive than any I've seen so far, and one of the reasons I haven't ordered from them yet is, I'd never heard of the company, and actually thought they were a Chinese site, but now I see they're in the US I'll be more open to buying from them. Thx again! 8)
8)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 pm
Railsplitter wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:25 am Mark, if you like the BestMan frame and a single Sheepsoot blade, they are available and this dealer ships to Canada.

Thanks very much for the link Rick! I have an account with DLT, although I've yet to use it, and I hadn't seen any of the Lion's knives on the site yet, and there's a couple models I wasn't aware of, one of them being the Bestmans with the single-blade sheepsfoot. I like the DLT model, but I also really like the Titanium bolsters, so perhaps I'll get a bolstered model 1st, and then a sheepsfoot. All the prices at DLT are a bit less expensive than any I've seen so far, and one of the reasons I haven't ordered from them yet is, I'd never heard of the company, and actually thought they were a Chinese site, but now I see they're in the US I'll be more open to buying from them. Thx again! 8)
Mate, DLT is a fantastic company to deal with. They have always looked after me, and as an international buyer, they make things go seamlessly. ::nod::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”