A Nest of Copperheads

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jmh58

Re: A Nest of Copperheads

Post by jmh58 »

Nice Copperheads one and all !!! πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
John 🀠
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

edge213 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:43 am Just received today.
Dark Red Bone. CV blades.
::tu:: ::tu:: Very Nice David!!

jerryd6818 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:08 am
QTCut5 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:05 am I'm pretty sure you already have one of these, jerryd; so, there's no need to hold your breath waiting for another one (unless, of course, your monkey is as duplicitous as mine...by which I mean he likes to get duplicates of the knives he really likes ::nod:: ).
6149W.JPG
By gum and by golly ~Q~, you are absolutely correct (as always). But I thought he was talking about a 2021 single blade coming out.
I knew when "Q" said you probably had one.......you probably did! Very nice 49W Jerry!! ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Papa Bones wrote: ↑Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:44 pm
edge213 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:43 am Just received today.
Dark Red Bone. CV blades.
::tu:: ::tu:: Very Nice David!!

jerryd6818 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:08 am
QTCut5 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:05 am I'm pretty sure you already have one of these, jerryd; so, there's no need to hold your breath waiting for another one (unless, of course, your monkey is as duplicitous as mine...by which I mean he likes to get duplicates of the knives he really likes ::nod:: ).
6149W.JPG
By gum and by golly ~Q~, you are absolutely correct (as always). But I thought he was talking about a 2021 single blade coming out.
I knew when "Q" said you probably had one.......you probably did! Very nice 49W Jerry!! ::tu::

Thanks Papa.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

The very first knife I ever seriously collected was the Case 62109 Baby/Mini Copperhead. I don't remember how many I eventually accumulated, but if I were to hazard a guess based on OCD Monkey's proclivities, I would have to say...um...well...ALL of them ::nod:: :shock: . My favorites were the early 1980s models with New Grind blades. This was long before AAPK, so unfortunately I do not have any photos of all those Baby Coppers because back then I really had no reason to take pictures of my knives. Eventually, my collecting focus changed and I sold them all in order to finance OCD Monkey's next obsession. But, I still get a pang of nostalgia whenever I see a 62109W and I wish I had hung onto at least a few of my favorites. ::dang:: ::tear::

Well, the other day my good friend and only local knife trading buddy showed up (rather unexpectedly) with this 2006 'First Run' Pocket Worn Red Bone 62109W that I just couldn't resist. Of course, he knows all about about my Wharncliffe weakness, so, naturally, he knew that I would essentially be powerless to resist. Long story short, once again he walked away quite satisfied with his pick (and the bulk) of my wampum trade goods. Nevertheless, I am very satisfied with this little beauty which I plan to hang onto forever...or, at least until The Monkey finds another knife he wants even more, whichever comes first. ::skeptic:: ::undecided::

I took about a million photos to try and capture the deep, rich beauty of the pocket worn red jigged bone, but, as is so often the case, photos can never fully do justice to the beauty of a knife like this when held in hand and viewed in person. :|
Attachments
P3290016.JPG
P3290003.JPG
P3290004.JPG
P3290005.JPG
P3290006.JPG
P3290014.JPG
~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Very sweet knife Q. I bet the monkey likes it too. Congratulations πŸ‘ ::nod::
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Oh yes, The Monkey is going bananas over this knife. The problem is that I made the "mistake" of showing it to my wife and, wouldn't you know it, she fell head over heels for it as well. Now I've got The Monkey vs The Wife in a pitched battle to see who gets to have it. (I have a feeling this isn't going to end well...for me! ::oh_my:: )
~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

for you or the monkey.......

But if the wife is happy then you are the winner in the long run. ::nod:: ::nod::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

doglegg wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:38 pm for you or the monkey.......

But if the wife is happy then you are the winner in the long run. ::nod:: ::nod::
Agreed. Happy wife. Happy life.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I don't know, man...What if Happy Wife means No Knife? ::hmm::
No Knife means No Life, at least from The Monkey's standpoint...and when The Monkey is miserable, guess who suffers most ::mdm:: (Hint: it's not The Wife!)
~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Just an opportunity to buy a new one.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

doglegg wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:27 pm Just an opportunity to buy a new one.
:D I like the way you think, Floyd. ::tu::

(Perhaps you would like to adopt The Monkey...I think he needs a new "owner"...one with a better perspective) ::nod::
~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I am afraid that your monkey being named 07, he would not get along with my monkey named 72. And I already have a wife so that wouldn't work either. ::dang::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Q perhaps you should petition for joint custody ? ::tounge::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

philco wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:02 pm Q perhaps you should petition for joint custody ? ::tounge::
Great idea, Phil...I'd be more than happy to get that pesky Monkey off my back even if it was just for a few hours on weekends and holidays....or did you mean joint custody of the knife? ('cause that probably ain't gonna happen) ::doh::
~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I prefer the latter. ::tounge::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Send it here!! Problem solved. πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘
John 🀟

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

jmh58 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:21 pm Send it here!! Problem solved. πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘
John 🀟
By "it" you must mean The Monkey, right, John, because you surely aren't getting the knife :shock: ...or the wife (I need her because The Monkey can't cook!) :lol: :lol:
~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

QTCut5 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 am
jmh58 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:21 pm Send it here!! Problem solved. πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘
John 🀟
By "it" you must mean The Monkey, right, John, because you surely aren't getting the knife :shock: ...or the wife (I need her because The Monkey can't cook!) :lol: :lol:
::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ~Q~, you crack me up buddy.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

QTCut5 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 am
John 🀟
KNIFE.. Surely dont need another Wife ::facepalm:: and aint no kinda of Monkey Man!!! :lol: :lol:
John :D

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

QTCut5 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:06 pm I don't know, man...What if Happy Wife means No Knife? ::hmm::
No Knife means No Life, at least from The Monkey's standpoint...and when The Monkey is miserable, guess who suffers most ::mdm:: (Hint: it's not The Wife!)
I agree with Floyd. There's a simple solution "Q". Find another one. One for the Wife......One for the Monkey. Everyone is happy!! ::tu:: Simple. ::super_happy:: Of course, you could do like I do whenever I buy a new Firearm or Knife. As soon as I get home, "Hey Honey.....look what I bought for you." "I'm gonna keep it safe here in my (insert appropriate location here. i.e.: .Gun Safe, Knife Roll, Knife Case)" ::woot::

Smitty
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Papa Bones wrote: ↑Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:22 pm
QTCut5 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:06 pm I don't know, man...What if Happy Wife means No Knife? ::hmm::
I agree with Floyd. There's a simple solution "Q". Find another one. One for the Wife......One for the Monkey. Everyone is happy!! ::tu:: Simple. ::super_happy:: Of course, you could do like I do whenever I buy a new Firearm or Knife. As soon as I get home, "Hey Honey.....look what I bought for you." "I'm gonna keep it safe here in my (insert appropriate location here. i.e.: .Gun Safe, Knife Roll, Knife Case)" ::woot::
As she gets that smirky look on her face and rolls her eyes. :roll:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

jerryd6818 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:52 pm
As she gets that smirky look on her face and rolls her eyes. :roll:
Hey.......I didn't say there wouldn't be any physical reaction. :lol: But after 47 years together, If I go to a gun or knife show, and "IF" I don't come home with anything, she will usually ask me if they didn't have anything at the show. Yeah.....she knows me.

Smitty
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

That seems like a pretty big "IF", Smitty. ::hmm::
And, BTW, there are other (and possibly more painful) "physical reaction(s)" than a smirk and eye roll. ::paranoid:: (Such as unilaterally commandeering a recently acquired and/or highly cherished knife, for example).

I've been with my wife 26+ years and have the bruises to prove it (mostly emotional/psychological...more so than physical), but I would never deny her a knife she takes any interest in no matter how much I liked it and wanted it for myself...Wife alllllways wins in the end. ::watching_you::
~Q~
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

QTCut5 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:47 am That seems like a pretty big "IF", Smitty. ::hmm::
And, BTW, there are other (and possibly more painful) "physical reaction(s)" than a smirk and eye roll. ::paranoid:: (Such as unilaterally commandeering a recently acquired and/or highly cherished knife, for example).

I've been with my wife 26+ years and have the bruises to prove it (mostly emotional/psychological...more so than physical), but I would never deny her a knife she takes any interest in no matter how much I liked it and wanted it for myself...Wife alllllways wins in the end. ::watching_you::
True dat, Q!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

So many beautiful knives in this thread! Here's the only copperhead I currently own: a Case Mini Copperhead with smooth natural bone covers and a clip main blade, made in 2019.
20210405_133146.jpg
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget

Return to β€œGeneral Knife Discussion”