2021 POS Roundtable

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Dan In MI

Re: 2021 POS Roundtable

Post by Dan In MI »

This sounds like a lot of fun, and I have the perfect POS. Naturally, I decided to join the forum one day too late.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:12 pm
OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:04 pm QTCut5, keep a sharp eye peeled for this "delivery" truck pulling up in front of your house with the GOOD STUFF!! lol
Oh my goodness...THAT is worrisome! ::uc::

If that load thaws out before it arrives I may have to move to another state/country (otherwise my neighbors will likely ride me out on a rail). :shock:
That truck I pictured is now crossing the bridge from the mainland to deliver your "goods". Will send tracking #.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

KLJ77 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:54 pm Olde Cutler,

Your box is on the way
Not filled with any cheer
Please be careful opening it
And don't stand too close or near

The toxic waste is flammable
Contains most noxious fumes
Opening up the plastic bag
Will exhaust some nasty plumes

Don't strike a match or have one near
Or anything to cause a flame
This warning is for you to heed
If you don't, I'm not to blame

Enjoy your package of putrid mess
And I hope you enjoy the thrill
Of all the things this box contains
And I trust you'll get your fill

::tu:: ::handshake:: ::teary_eyes:: ::woot:: ::nod:: ::watching_you:: ::poke::
WOW, I get a box of crap and poetry too. I feel honored
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:23 pm
KLJ77 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:54 pm Olde Cutler,

Your box is on the way
Not filled with any cheer
Please be careful opening it
And don't stand too close or near

The toxic waste is flammable
Contains most noxious fumes
Opening up the plastic bag
Will exhaust some nasty plumes

Don't strike a match or have one near
Or anything to cause a flame
This warning is for you to heed
If you don't, I'm not to blame

Enjoy your package of putrid mess
And I hope you enjoy the thrill
Of all the things this box contains
And I trust you'll get your fill

::tu:: ::handshake:: ::teary_eyes:: ::woot:: ::nod:: ::watching_you:: ::poke::
WOW, I get a box of crap and poetry too. I feel honored
Great poem!!!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Due to the luck of the draw, I got a new AAPK member to whom I can mail my POS, I mean my nice examples of the Cutler's art. His name is us2
This is excellent news because I can now send him all of the POSs I have been accumulating over the past 15 years, and he will not have seen them before. These will be new POS is for him. ::tu:: :mrgreen: ::ds:: ::rotflol::
I really hope he appreciates all the trouble I have gone to, do you know how hard it is to find stainless steel hazmat grade bubblewrap? It is very rare and highly expensive just as this shipment of knives will be offensive to him.

I hope he has fun and doesn't but as I have!
20210405_185607_(1).jpg

Humm, I guess I could have chosen a better wrapping material.... ::shrug::

Oh yes, the USPS tracking number: 9405503699300338260922
Have your hazmat suit ready! ::uc::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Here is another feather in the cap for the USPS and the city of meridian where I sorta live.
I went to the main post office down town yesterday to get a priority box to mail out the exchange poop I had gathered.
When I got there..... the display shelf with all the FREE boxes was empty. I thought this was a bit odd. I didn't know that the USPS had stopped having boxes available for their FLAT RATE service. Oh well, I went on home.
Today, I scrounged up a box here at the office and went to the PO. When I FINALLY got my turn to approach the counter, I ask the postal worker if the USPS had stopped making the boxes available. This is his reply......

"Well, we still have the boxes and I can give you as many as you want. We had to stop filling the display because somebody was coming by every night and getting ALL the boxes and envelopes and strewing them all out in front of the building. And on top of that, we had to start putting the garbage can away because the guy was taking a dump in the can every night."

SO.... there you have it. The Barney Fife police dept of meridian can not keep one degenerate "human" from screwing up the Post Office for everyone else around here.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:20 pm That truck I pictured is now crossing the bridge from the mainland to deliver your "goods". Will send tracking #.
Fortunately, that's a very long bridge...and still unfinished (at least until Biden's infrastructure bill gets passed), so I still have time to dig a big hole in the backyard in which to "store" this shipment...and then find a new town to move to. :lol:
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:31 am Boji...PM sent with USPS tracking number...so don't say you weren't warned. ::suspense::

I don't know how your "big dog" will react when the pkg arrives; however, since the supersonic olfactory abilities of canines is well known, I really think you should consider muzzling him/her to protect your postal carrier from being attacked for transporting foreign "poop" into your dog's territory. ::uc::

Incoming projectile...Prepare yourself accordingly (but please put down the Smith & Wesson...it may look & smell as ugly and toxic as the Swamp Monster from Cesspool-Sewage Lagoon, but I assure you it's not as deadly as it looks or smells). ::skeptic::

Enjoy! :lol:
Ha! The only person the dog has ever attacked was the local Chief of Police! She went right for his gun.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Jody744

Your pile of Priceless Old S**t will be on the way in the morning, tracking number 9405 5036 9930 0339 1459 69
I didn't have any Hazmat packing material so be careful when you open, the whole pile of poop will fall out.

A year or two ago I could provided all the participants with a POS. Sent at least 50 boxes thru a local consignment auction house.
Must not have been too bad, they still speak to me.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Thanks boji hopefully the smell won’t be as bad when I get back home!
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Knifegnome's group arrived a bit early. I guess the USPS decided to get rid of it as soon as possible.

I'm probably going to need to make sure my tetanus shot is up to date, but quite a few knives in here are not exactly what I'd call a POS.

I'll go more in detail with the knives later.

KIMG1636.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

One man's POS is another man's treasure. ::handshake:: but sometimes it is still a POS.i
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

^^^^ LOL ^^^^

OOPS.... :lol:
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

These are really POS knives.

Maxam China. So poorly made the whole thing fell apart in transit.
KIMG1664.JPG
Things Remembered Japan, bad pin. These are decent, but still a little bit cheap knives.
KIMG1666.JPG

"STAINLESS CHINA". Dirty, and well used.
KIMG1667.JPG

Here are the Schrades. I am sure this group of three, packed separately, was the good knives.

Schrade Cut Co. pen. I am really unsure of pattern no. It's not marked with any numbers,and this is my first Schrade Cut Co. and first bone Schrade (of my collection, 80% are Delrin, a couple are metal, a couple are wood, and only one is a genuine stag; an unfinished 885UH. Peachseed bone, reasonable wear on blades, good snap. Tiny little chip out of pile side bone. But, I will dare say this is the nicest Schrade I own now. Need to get some bigger SCC bone knives, but they're mildly out of my league.
KIMG1681.JPG
KIMG1682.JPG
KIMG1683.JPG
Schrade USA 6OT. I have one that is new, but was stored poorly by the original owner, which caused some slight pitting to the bolsters. But, I still don't like carrying it. This one on the other hand has been carried and used. Thus, it will be cleaned up, carried, and then put to use this weekend. I've got fence work to do coming soon.
KIMG1686.JPG
752 advertising pen; "Carter-Traveller Company; Gastonia NC". I decided to make a user out of this one. It is slim, it is a good size, and the thin blades took one heck of an edge despite just using a 400 grit Norton pocket India oilstone and a small ceramic hone and this guy who just relearned sharpening a knife earlier this week.

KIMG1678.JPG
KIMG1679.JPG
With most of the old fiber mills shut down in VA and NC, I thought Carter-Traveller went out of business YEARS ago; but they still exist as AB Carter.

And as a coincidence, I got a sheath that fits the 6OT perfectly from the last POS exchange.
KIMG1663.JPG
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Wore out:

What appears to be a boy's knife. Loose two toothpick blades, broken tip bolsters.
KIMG1668.JPG
Kent. Worn out blade, badly bent screwdriver. There's some useful parts here.
KIMG1676.JPG
These two Imperials are so rusty, I think I need to get my tetanus shot checked. But, I think I can clean them up.

KIMG1673.JPG
KIMG1677.JPG
A Colonial with loose handle shells.
KIMG1675.JPG
AW Wadsworth Germany MOP pen. Banged up, but still a very beautiful little knife.
KIMG1654.JPG

With a little work, these two will be good knives.

Imperial 1940s era Cub Scout. I had one of these, gave it to a Scout leader friend of mine. I now own two Camillus. With some new handles, this will be a perfectly good knife.
KIMG1672.JPG
Standard Knife Co. This is a very old brand. Founded in 1901 by two members of the Case family, they mostly contracted knives out. With the passing of one of the brothers that founded it, they went out of business in 1906. Case would later use this name in the 1920s for knives contracted from other manufacturers.

Ditch the outgassing cell and bad patch job, and with some Kirinite, this will be a really good looking little Peanut.
KIMG1669.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cody6268 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:26 pm Knifegnome's group arrived a bit early. I guess the USPS decided to get rid of it as soon as possible.

I'm probably going to need to make sure my tetanus shot is up to date, but quite a few knives in here are not exactly what I'd call a POS.

KIMG1636.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I see it was bothering you too Jerry.

:D
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:02 pm
cody6268 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:26 pm Knifegnome's group arrived a bit early. I guess the USPS decided to get rid of it as soon as possible.

KIMG1636.JPG

Thanks for clearing that up. I've been using a flip phone lately, and every single thing I take ends up turned 90". I try to change them all to where they should be before I upload them, but sometimes, I miss a few.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cody6268 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:32 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:02 pm

KIMG1636.JPG

Thanks for clearing that up. I've been using a flip phone lately, and every single thing I take ends up turned 90". I try to change them all to where they should be before I upload them, but sometimes, I miss a few.
And life goes on. Ain't no thing.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Wow, I was shocked to get my package in the mail already today from KLJ77 Ken. I looked at the box and saw he sent it by Priority 2 day mail and I said to myself like Joe Biden, "This is a big xxxxing deal". Wow, 18 pieces of-------hey wait a minute there is some good stuff in there. And it all came with a Certificate of Authenticity, what more could anyone ask for than to receive Authentic POS knives. And some Bandaids too! Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a little wrapped bundle taped onto the outside of the main parcel and WOW. I bruised my jaw when it hit the floor! A Case XX SS 5333 stag handle mini stock knife was in that little wrapper.
IMG_4245.JPG
IMG_4248.JPG
The contest is over guys, I already won the prize for getting the best bundle!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Not only did you get some decent users, that little Case Stockman is special because it's a 1st Issue and it looks like it may have Stag or Stag Bone handles. Ken must think very highly of you. ::tu::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

My package from Herbva arrived today, and I must say, he went all out! Some of these items are just...amazing! I will leave it to the reader to decide just what is meant by that...

He must have heard that I'm collecting knives from different countries--he got the US (of course), China (also of course) and Pakistan (also also of course), but Japan, Germany, Austria and England!

He also sent an L F & Co knife--OK, it's missing a blade, and the handle has outgassed and corroded the bolsters and springs, but still...

There's a nice (well, it was at one point) Schrade MOP knife.The handles are still pretty, and it still has scissors and half a blade!

There's a cute little compass that has a knife attached to it, Oddly, the compass seems to point east/west more than north/south,

There's one of those Imperial "trick" knives, which is fun. I'll have to get some wallpaper to replace the covering on the shell handle, though.

There's a Hibbard Spencer & etc. celluloid handled knife, too, with one out of two blades functional.

There's a whole lot of other...stuff..here. I now have my own AK 47! And I have my own hobo knife, from China. For eating Chinese food, I suppose (wonder why they don't come with chop sticks?). Some other lockbacks and "tactical" knives...but the best! Oh, my...

The world's most useless knife! I know, because the tag on it says so! It has a can opener, a bottle opener, two knife blades, a scissor, a nail file, and a Barbie-sized corkscrew!

I wonder if this is a bit like the "white elephant" Christmas gift exchanges, where certain items get re-gifted every year, just because they're so much fun. My ex's family did that every year, and one year we found what was billed as an "electric nose cleaner"--basically a plastic finger with an electric cord and plug coming out of it. As far as I know, that thing is still making the rounds...

OK, I can see I will have to step up my game next year. At least the flea markets should be opening up again soon...

Thank you, Herb!
Attachments
IMG_0278.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0288.JPG
IMG_0289.JPG
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG
Brent
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

World's most useless knife:
Attachments
IMG_0279.JPG
IMG_0280.JPG
Brent
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:05 pm Not only did you get some decent users, that little Case Stockman is special because it's a 1st Issue and it looks like it may have Stag or Stag Bone handles. Ken must think very highly of you. ::tu::
He must, I did not know that anyone thought highly of me! The Case is tang stamped 1992.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Herbva. Buddy. There's no trophy for the largest load of crap or the most useless knife. ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::not_worthy::
Kudos Sir. You do know how to play the game. ::tu::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”