2021 POS Roundtable

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2021 POS Roundtable

Post by KLJ77 »

Well, golly gee...I learned two new words today...and I are one of them, as is just about everyone on this site. ::tu:: My wife says she 'feels the "ache", every time I get a new knife. :lol: (The 'ache' comes from the pronunciation of the word above, i.e., ache moe foe bee ya)
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:36 am You ain't spoofin' nobody. You tore into that box like a rabid dog. Ain't no way you could have slept without knowing what was in it.
You are correct: I tossed and turned all night, nary a wink of sleep. I even got up several times and stumbled into the bathroom thinking I needed to clean the toilet, but of course it was all because I had made a "big mistake" the night before...
OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:02 pm Big mistake on your part not opening it immediately and letting it air out overnight. The delay allowed phase 2 of odor generation to kick in. lol
So, with no small degree of trepidation, I bravely donned my hip-waders and prepared to pump out the septic tank...er...I mean open the box from OLDE CUTLER (same difference).

Immediately three different size "nuggets" plopped out:
P4120005.JPG

Didn't know how long I could hold my breath, so I decided to tackle the largest and heaviest one first to get it over with. (Wife made me spread out an old towel first because she didn't want to have to buy a new kitchen table if the odor impregnated the surface and/or irreparably corroded the finish...she's nobody's fool). Although the "phase 2" fumes were making my eyes water so much it was hard to see, here's what I discovered:
P4120010.JPG

I won't force you all to suffer like I did by going over each piece individually. But there are a few that deserve special mention.

Naturally, just like in nearly every POS pkg, there was the ubiquitous sawcut Delrin Barlow. But apparently OC was aware of my proclivity for Wharncliffe blades and the one he sent was "sculpted" especially for me (well...close enough for gov't work anyway...sorta):
P4120020.JPG

A little shout out to all our friends in the lone star state...with love from China (or would this be considered the very definition of "messin' with Texas"?) ::sneaky::
P4120027.JPG

Hey...the scissors actually work...Woo Hoo! ::woot::
P4120028.JPG

This big, elaborate hunk is brand new...I wonder how/why it ended up in here? ::hmm::
P4120013.JPG
Oh...of course. I should've known it was too good to be true.
P4120014.JPG

My very first Camillus--a long line, no less ( ::sot:: doglegg, Smitty, JP, Vit, and all you other Camillus collectors with your "perfect" Camillus collections...I bet none of you have one like this!) (PM me if you wish to purchase this rare, one-of-a-kind...I might be willing to negotiate. ::undecided:: )
P4120016.JPG
P4120019.JPG

This little Wards pen knife is actually not too bad. Perfect timing, too, since my wife's birthday is coming up next month, so looks like I've got that covered now (trust me, she'll love it). ::skeptic::
P4120011.JPG

OOPS...went over the limit on photos so will have to continue on next page...
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

It wasn't all bad. In fact, the second nugget proved to contain something quite spectacular: a pair of OLDE CUTLER's bespoke handmade turned wooden pens. WOW!!! ::ds:: One is Maple with Padauk wedding band and the other is Walnut with a Maple wedding band. His-n-Hers special commemorative pens like these will be perfect for my wife's upcoming birthday...although it's almost guaranteed to make her insist on renewing our wedding vows. I'm afraid that after 25+ years together (and countless knife gifts from me to her for every birthday, anniversary, Christmas, etc., she'll want to add a few extra vows...for me ::doh:: )
P4120031.JPG

And, finally...the last and smallest nugget...the ultimate pass-around POS trophy that proves I am the undisputed "winner" of the 2021 POS Roundtable:
Yup...you guessed it...Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner... because as OLDE CUTLER himself reminds us every day, "Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn" ::nod::
P4120029.JPG
A BIG MAHALO to you, OLDE CUTLER...great fun. :lol: ::super_happy:: ::ds::

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

~Q~ you're treading on dangerous ground. Be wary, wary careful. :shock:

Well, Philips contribution to this Madd Moment arrived today. I wish the postal carrier would have left it on the stoop instead of putting it in the box. It would have discouraged porch pirates for months to come but then I'd always have to use the back door.

At least he knows how to apologize without apologizing.
image000001.jpg
It's an eclectic collection of poo he's scooped up over the last year. I assume he kept it all outside in order to maintain harmony around the homestead.
Three of them are "I want to continue to be your friend", suck up knives.
DSC01119.JPG
And last but not least, there's a terrific Case Stockman that came with a "don't get too excited" counter balance from Paki Stan.
image000000.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:46 pm ~Q~ you're treading on dangerous ground. Be wary, wary careful. :shock:
In keeping with the general spirit and low-brow humor of the thread, my comments were meant to be tongue in cheek. But, as the saying goes, "fools dance where angels fear to tread" and since I'm certainly no angel, I must be the other thing. I apologize if my feeble attempts at humor were inappropriate or offensive. :(

~Q~
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:29 pm It wasn't all bad. In fact, the second nugget proved to contain something quite spectacular: a pair of OLDE CUTLER's bespoke handmade turned wooden pens. WOW!!! ::ds:: One is Maple with Padauk wedding band and the other is Walnut with a Maple wedding band. His-n-Hers special commemorative pens like these will be perfect for my wife's upcoming birthday...although it's almost guaranteed to make her insist on renewing our wedding vows. I'm afraid that after 25+ years together (and countless knife gifts from me to her for every birthday, anniversary, Christmas, etc., she'll want to add a few extra vows...for me ::doh:: )
P4120031.JPG

And, finally...the last and smallest nugget...the ultimate pass-around POS trophy that proves I am the undisputed "winner" of the 2021 POS Roundtable:
Yup...you guessed it...Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner (because as OLDE CUTLER himself reminds us every day, "Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn" ::nod::
P4120029.JPG

A BIG MAHALO to you, OLDE CUTLER...great fun. :lol: ::super_happy:: ::ds::
Glad you liked the box of sludge. But I have to dispute your claim and say that you are what I like to call WRONG by claiming the title of WINNER WINNER, even though you are the holder (temporarily?) of the chicken dinner. I am the big winner by reason of the box of excellent stuff I got from KLJ77 (Ken). Anyway you are right, it is all in good fun. Some people take our comments too seriously. :lol:
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Cody sent me make box of POS's. It took me a while to get through them and get pictures while holding my nose. He didn't send me any custom knives from that famous custom maker Packi Stan, and fact there weren't more than three or four knives from the large Oriental country that specializes in exports. I'll try to give you a blow-by-blow, or picture by picture, description of this whole pile and annotate each picture, by way of explanation.
Here is the packages I unwrapped it. I have to admit Cody was pretty neat about this!
Here is the packages I unwrapped it. I have to admit Cody was pretty neat about this!
After unwrapping and washing my hands these are the knives without their sanitizing wrappers.
After unwrapping and washing my hands these are the knives without their sanitizing wrappers.
I will try and remember what all of these names were and give you a quick rundown. Starting at the upper left and moving down. There are basically three rows, sort of…
Upper left top to bottom:
Victorinox Caddy, SAK Companion, shall handle Imperial, rope knife second, grind off probably from Camillus or Kutmaster, Schrade 18OT, I do believe I have the blade for this one! There is a Leatherman Squirt and a Swiss Tech multi tool and a Swiss Army knife knockoff that was very well made and probably usable.

Center Road top to bottom:
Japanese lock blade made for Things Remembered which was a mall chain of personalize of all items, engraving/silkscreening/etc. in the 1980s. I believe the next one is Appalachian Trail, then I Coast Cutlery which I believe was made by CRKT, next is a Gerber International, Schrade Cliffhanger, Schrade Lake & Walker, needs a little work, and lastly the little fish knife at the bottom which I love!
The four knives on the right are indeed what this exchange is all about!
I believe those are all from China or unmarked but the big when there is worthy of its own picture. Cody had it wrapped up in a paper towel etc. "World's Ugliest Knife."
I think this about defines Coyote ugly!
I think this about defines Coyote ugly!
I believe Cody's name for this is the world's ugliest knife is spot on.
This is the Swiss Army Caddy, brand-new in the box, Looking for someone who plays golf.
This is the Swiss Army Caddy, brand-new in the box, Looking for someone who plays golf.
This picture has two of my favorites, the Leatherman Squirt and the Swiss Tech multi tool. I have been carrying the little Leatherman since it arrived. I carry it in the watch pocket of my jeans. The arthritis has gotten worse in my hands I find I need a little pair of pliers a lot of times hold on the things with my fingers anymore. These two were a welcome addition to my collection of small multi-tools. I like them both better than I like the M4 Seber tool That I was carrying before these two showed up. So far my favorite is the Leatherman.
This picture has two of my favorites, the Leatherman Squirt and the Swiss Tech multi tool. I have been carrying the little Leatherman since it arrived. I carry it in the watch pocket of my jeans. The arthritis has gotten worse in my hands I find I need a little pair of pliers a lot of times hold on the things with my fingers anymore. These two were a welcome addition to my collection of small multi-tools. I like them both better than I like the M4 Seber tool That I was carrying before these two showed up. So far my favorite is the Leatherman.

This last picture is also one of my favorites. If you fish, you're probably gonna like a fish knife. I put this on a keychain and have been carrying it for the last week. It took a decent imagine so far I haven't had a resharpen it so that speaks well for it!
This last picture is also one of my favorites. If you fish, you're probably gonna like a fish knife. I put this on a keychain and have been carrying it for the last week. It took a decent imagine so far I haven't had a resharpen it so that speaks well for it!
The Mikov fish knife has no country of origin on it. Anybody got an idea where it's from? I was thinking maybe Russia but that's a guess.

Chris, thank you very much buddy!
But I'm beginning to think you need to be schooled a little about what a POS is! About 20% of the knives you sent might be considered by some to be POS's, but there were some pretty good knives in there. I especially like the fish figural knife and the Leatherman and Swiss Tech tools. I carry them all the time now and frequently put them to use. I'm sorry that you gave away some good working knives, but I'm really glad you gave them to me!
Thanks again, and perhaps I can be lucky enough next time to have you draw my name again! :mrgreen:

Thanks again Cody! You can draw my name again anytime!! ::groove::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Dale, I believe the rope knife may be a Utica Kutmaster. It's a great candidate for a re-handle.
Attachments
Utica Kutmaster Coping Knife (Rope Knife) - Labeled.JPG
Rehandled by Jeffinn 9-27-19 - Labeled.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I received my package from Reverend on Monday. Just now getting around to posting.
He was quite creative with his packaging.
He must of somehow known I like doctor knives and celluloid handles.
In with the stink were a brand new Steel Warrior and a nice little Remington.
Thanks Rev. I enjoyed.
20210412_170653.jpg
20210412_171437.jpg
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
beresman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by beresman »

orvet wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:04 am
The Mikov fish knife has no country of origin on it. Anybody got an idea where it's from? I was thinking maybe Russia but that's a guess.
Dale, I have a knife marked Mikov which is also marked Czecho Slovakia (two words).
Attachments
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
Brent
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:03 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:46 pm ~Q~ you're treading on dangerous ground. Be wary, wary careful. :shock:
In keeping with the general spirit and low-brow humor of the thread, my comments were meant to be tongue in cheek. But, as the saying goes, "fools dance where angels fear to tread" and since I'm certainly no angel, I must be the other thing. I apologize if my feeble attempts at humor were inappropriate or offensive. :(
Q, it’s cool that you have some humor ,and believe most of us appreciate it. ::tu::
By the way, how much for that rare Camillus !! LOL ::handshake:: .
JP
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

orvet wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:04 am He didn't send me any custom knives from that famous custom maker Packi Stan, and fact there weren't more than three or four knives from the large Oriental country that specializes in exports.
Most excellent euphemisms!

The Leatherman is a handy little thing (I used to have the model with a wire stripper, and stupidly lost it during a move). Much better than a Gerber Dime! As for the Victorinox Caddy, does it have a pull-out or retractable pen?
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Ripster wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:32 pm ...how much for that rare Camillus !! LOL ::handshake:: .
That's up to you, brother. How much will YOU charge ME? (to take it off my hands!) :lol:

~Q~
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

edge213 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:21 pm I received my package from Reverend on Monday. Just now getting around to posting.
He was quite creative with his packaging.
He must of somehow known I like doctor knives and celluloid handles.
In with the stink were a brand new Steel Warrior and a nice little Remington.
Thanks Rev. I enjoyed.20210412_170653.jpg20210412_171437.jpg
David, I didn't know that you liked Doctor's knives, so I am pleased that it wasn't too 'stinky'!
I knew that you had several small pen knives, and hoped that the old Remington would fit well with your collection. It is probably close to 80 years old and still looks pretty. I hope that celluloid remains stable for another hundred years!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Very thoughtful Rev.
Thanks again.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

doglegg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:56 pm Glad they finally got there. And glad the kids enjoyed as well. Good to keep OC busy. Thanks. ::handshake::
Thanks a lot doglegg, Sundog dropped off that Camillus EZ open for me to rebuild. Don't give him any more ideas.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:45 pm
doglegg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:56 pm Glad they finally got there. And glad the kids enjoyed as well. Good to keep OC busy. Thanks. ::handshake::
Thanks a lot doglegg, Sundog dropped off that Camillus EZ open for me to rebuild. Don't give him any more ideas.
Just trying to help you keep your wonderful skills sharp. Always glad to help you out. ::tounge:: ::tounge:: ::tounge::
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Kolvir »

Glad everyone had a good time. I never got a package though. :(
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Did you send your info to petesknives?
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Kolvir
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Kolvir »

Yep.
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

His last post was in for this, hope all is well
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Kolvir wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:12 am Glad everyone had a good time. I never got a package though. :(
Don't despair. Things have a way of working out.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Kolvir wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:12 am Glad everyone had a good time. I never got a package though. :(
I'd be glad to send you a package.
PM me with an address. ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Loose Arrow wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:24 pm
I'd be glad to send you a package.
PM me with an address. ::handshake::
Ron, you have a PM.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

doglegg wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:52 pm
OLDE CUTLER wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:45 pm
Just trying to help you keep your wonderful skills sharp. Always glad to help you out. ::tounge:: ::tounge:: ::tounge::
doglegg
This is that Camillus 4 line EZ open that you sent Sundog. He wanted new rosewood handle material and have it cleaned up. The blades are a little rough, but are usable. The frame was also bent a little, but I got it mostly straightened out. Before pictures above on page 11 under Sundogs post of his haul.
IMG_4295.JPG
IMG_4296.JPG

Return to “General Knife Discussion”