BONES BONES BONES

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Thomasg

Re: BONES BONES BONES

Post by Thomasg »

image.jpg
Levering A 1
Attachments
image.jpg
Thomasg

Post by Thomasg »

Hudson bay
Hudson bay
image.jpg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thomasg wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:57 pm image.jpgLevering A 1

Some great bones there Thomasg, thanks for showing them, great looking knives.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Pulled a few Case with good red bone out for lube and oil. Took some group shots.
Attachments
thumbnail_20220921_154537.jpg
thumbnail_20220921_154626.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaddict1965 »

Great looking knives everyone! Love that group shot of the red bones I-Man... ::tu::
Kevin
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:58 am Pulled a few Case with good red bone out for lube and oil. Took some group shots.
Now THAT'S some gorgeous Redbone!!! 8) ::tu:: Why Case ever thought it was a good idea to stop producing that sweet sweet color is beyond me. :? ::shrug:: Shame, but it makes the vintage redbones all that much more attractive, desirable and collectible. ::nod:: Love the group shot. ::drool::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:58 am Pulled a few Case with good red bone out for lube and oil. Took some group shots.
Beautiful group Iman.
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

The red bone Case did in 2019 on the barlow vault release is not bad, the jigging is quite good.
Attachments
IMG_0242.jpeg
IMG_0398.jpeg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Those bottom two look great JohnR. Haven't seen that hue or that jigging before, and I love how the jigging goes past the pin, right up next to the bolster. Great pair.

Thanks Q, thanks doglegg, appreciate your comments gents.

Had these out to strop, get 'em back into condition, ready to ride. Group shot was in order.
Attachments
thumbnail_20220922_130405.jpg
thumbnail_20220922_130302.jpg
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Excellent! ::tu::
Ivoryman wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:13 pm
Had these out to strop, get 'em back into condition, ready to ride. Group shot was in order.
Nice! ::tu::
David
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks you too DM11. Appreciate the comments everyone and if I missed anyone, thanks again.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

A few older and less familiar brands often have the kind of bones I like.

W. Bingham Cleveland
Ed K Tryon Philadelphia
Waterville St Louis
Depend On Met Cut Co
Elder St. Louis
A.W. Wadsworth and Sons Germany
Attachments
thumbnail_20220925_141439.jpg
thumbnail_20220925_141550.jpg
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

There’s a couple I haven’t heard of there, Iman. Always like to learn something new. All are fine looking knives. Thanks for sharing!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Ivoryman wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:35 pm A few older and less familiar brands often have the kind of bones I like.
You've been showing some great group shots I-Man! Beautiful bones!!!
Kevin
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Sweet ::tu:: ::tu:: J.O'.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

tvic, knifeaddict, Ridgegrass, thanks for the mention and glad you all like looking at them. Appreciate the comments and great week to all of you. Thanks again.
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Brought out a couple knives today and thought they would fit into this thread. Posted them elsewhere too, sorry if you are getting tired of looking at them! :lol:
Case USA and Boker USA
I am quite fond of the bone on both of them.

Mike
Attachments
20220930_111316.jpg
20220930_111241.jpg
20220930_110946.jpg
20220930_110933.jpg
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

313 Mike wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:38 pm Brought out a couple knives today and thought they would fit into this thread. Posted them elsewhere too, sorry if you are getting tired of looking at them! :lol:
Case USA and Boker USA
I am quite fond of the bone on both of them.

Mike
Nice pics of some great old knives. Don't worry, we're not tired of them yet. ::super_happy:: :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::groove::
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Sheffield bone can be really nice. Here's a "Wosty" cattle knife with what I call pebbled bone, almost like it's the reverse of normal, notched jigging. Just a beauty. Not seen on a lot of American brands. J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_4715.jpg
IMG_4717.jpg
wlf

Post by wlf »

Ridgegrass wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:49 pm Sheffield bone can be really nice. Here's a "Wosty" cattle knife with what I call pebbled bone, almost like it's the reverse of normal, notched jigging. Just a beauty. Not seen on a lot of American brands. J.O'.
Many call this snakeskin stag, pebble stag, and you call it pebble bone. I and many others have always referred to it as pressed stag, although the actual material has never been authenticated. Many,I think, believe it is natural occurring stag.

This handle material has been an ongoing research of mine for several years. No one I've ever asked ,author or expert collector, has ever seen an American made knife with this handle material.There are a couple examples of companies' early knives with this material I know of, but because of the abundant examples of( English and German) or total lack thereof(American), I believe these are also imports. I have a Simmons Hornet that most agree are imports from Germany, although this one looks more English.

The Simmons Hornet:
Simmons Hardware514.jpg

Simmons Hornet on left and Wostenholm on right:
Simmons Hardware518.jpg
German Henckels - English Wostenholm - German Western
Pressed stag comp300.jpg
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

wlf wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:09 pm
Ridgegrass wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:49 pm Sheffield bone can be really nice. Here's a "Wosty" cattle knife with what I call pebbled bone, almost like it's the reverse of normal, notched jigging. Just a beauty. Not seen on a lot of American brands. J.O'.
Many call this snakeskin stag, pebble stag, and you call it pebble bone. I and many others have always referred to it as pressed stag, although the actual material has never been authenticated. Many,I think, believe it is natural occurring stag.

This handle material has been an ongoing research of mine for several years. No one I've ever asked ,author or expert collector, has ever seen an American made knife with this handle material.There are a couple examples of companies' early knives with this material I know of, but because of the abundant examples of( English and German) or total lack thereof(American), I believe these are also imports. I have a Simmons Hornet that most agree are imports from Germany, although this one looks more English.

The Simmons Hornet:

Simmons Hardware514.jpg

Simmons Hardware518.jpg

Pressed stag comp300.jpg

Gorgeous knives, that is some great color and texture for sure. Exxxxxcccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeent.
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Ivoryman wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:55 pm
wlf wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:09 pm

The Simmons Hornet:

Simmons Hardware514.jpg

Simmons Hardware518.jpg

Pressed stag comp300.jpg

Gorgeous knives, that is some great color and texture for sure. Exxxxxcccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeent.
I agree, those are some gorgeous knives, wow. Those covers are so classic looking, really have that old time vibe going on. ::tu::
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Great looking knives with amazing handles!
Kevin
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Lyle, what a great collection you have.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Couple Schrade Cut Co sets of bones.
Attachments
thumbnail_20220928_135110.jpg

Return to “General Knife Discussion”