Shenandoah show!!!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Gunsil

Shenandoah show!!!

Post by Gunsil »

Good news!! The Shenandoah Knife Collectors will be having a one day show June 26th at the Rockingham Fairgrounds in Harrisonburg, VA!! It will be smaller than their annual show usually held in April that has been cancelled for the last two years but it will be a knife show. I will have two tables of antique knives for sale, and maybe a few for show and tell. Stop by my tables and say hello!
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Shenandoah show!!!

Post by carvin don »

That's great news! ... unfortunately, I won't be able to make it as I have a shooting match that weekend. Glad to hear they are getting things rolling again. ::tu::
Don
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Looks like Herb and I will be there.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Hi Redrider, make sure you stop by my tables and say hello!! I believe I have met Herb there, but not you. Will be great to have a show again! Don, sorry you can't make it!! I wish it were a three day show like in April, but I will be glad to be there for even one day. Oh, and I'm bringing Barry along this time and he will have some goodies for sale too.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Just got off the phone with Wes Schrader at the Shenandoah Valley Knife Collector's Club, he said a June 26th show isn't looking good as only 12 vendors have expressed interest. So if you're a vendor and would like to see this happen, get on the horn and call him, his phone number is on the website.

https://www.svkc.org

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Dang!! That is a long drive for me for such a tiny show!! My friend who got me tables said he thought there would be fifty vendors! Did Wes say they will cancel it if they don't get more vendors?
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

There is a competing show in Corbin Kentucky that weekend.
Roger
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I just talked to Wes Schrader from the Shenandoah club and he says the show in Harrisonburg is definitely on so I will be down there looking to sell and maybe buy some knives! I also called another friend in MA who usually sells at their show and he just got a table and is heading on down.
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Gene how about Art Green? He'd probably be good for ten tables. ::tu:: ::nod:: :D :D :D

Eric
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

ea42 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:58 pm Gene how about Art Green? He'd probably be good for ten tables. ::tu:: ::nod:: :D :D :D

Eric

Are you going to be there, Eric? Herb and I are definitely going. If you come please bring some folders. ::pray::

Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I hadn't thought about Artie, will e-mail him, but he may be going to the KY show since it has been scheduled for a long time. I did call John Majuri, he got a table and will be driving down from MA. They have got more vendors, over 25 now and they think they should have some more by next weekend. I will have two 8" tables absolutely covered in knives and if they change and have only 6" tables I'll need three. I think this will turn out to be a great little one day show.

Eric, it's a drive but hotels are reasonable, come on down!! If you bring knives a table is only $25 for the day or if you only have a few you can display on my tables with Barry. If you come down Friday get dinner at the Local Chop and Grill house, superb restaurant. Doug Growitz, Barry, and I will be there at 6:30 PM, probably have an extra seat reserved or you can away get served in the bar area. Still haven't met you in person so it would be great to see you there.

Anybody else reading this who might like to sell come on down, as stated above tables are very reasonable and there should be some available at the last minute. Show opens at 9 AM so get there earlier if you wish to set up. If anybody wishes to reserve a table please call Wes Schrader, his number is on the Shenandoah Knife Collectors site.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Herb and I are driving down to Harrisonburg early in the morning, hope this show is happening. ::pray::

1fartsmella
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by 1fartsmella »

Gene and I are here in Harisonberg. The show is on for shure.
Looking forward to meeting you guys and any other AAPKers
We are the third table on the left. Please stop by and say hello.
Barry
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Nice meeting you Barry and Gene, nice seeing you again Guy!

I picked up a NYKCo. Hammer Brand, a Cattaraugus and a Utica today. Herb picked up some knives too and it was great to get out and handle some knives. Gorgeous day but the temperature is definitely on the climb.
Attachments
IMG_20210626_111815719.jpg

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Three good ones rr. ::tu:: ::tu::
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:16 pm Nice meeting you Barry and Gene, nice seeing you again Guy!

I picked up a NYKCo. Hammer Brand, a Cattaraugus and a Utica today. Herb picked up some knives too and it was great to get out and handle some knives. Gorgeous day but the temperature is definitely on the climb.
Very nice finds. Great looking knives. ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Papa Bones wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:49 pm
1967redrider wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:16 pm Nice meeting you Barry and Gene, nice seeing you again Guy!

Very nice finds. Great looking knives. ::tu::

Thanks, Smitty, it was a small but fun show. ::handshake::
doglegg wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:49 pm Three good ones rr. ::tu:: ::tu::

Thanks, dog! It was fun finally going to a show again.

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

::tu::
David
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

John, was very nice meeting you and Herb too!! Glad you were able to make it and that you found some goodies. Hopefully we'll all meet at the big three day show in the spring!!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Gunsil wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:42 pm John, was very nice meeting you and Herb too!! Glad you were able to make it and that you found some goodies. Hopefully we'll all meet at the big three day show in the spring!!

Looking forward to it; if it's on we'll be there! ::handshake::

fishiker

Post by fishiker »

Has anyone heard anything about a 2022 show? I searched online with zero luck.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Probably about a month or so too early yet.

fishiker

Post by fishiker »

Looks like April 1 - 3
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

They would get alot more dealers to show up if they did a different weekend than competing with Tulsa.
Roger
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Hoping that weekend works for Herb and me. ::pray::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”