BILL HAMMONDS

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Gatorfleas

BILL HAMMONDS

Post by Gatorfleas »

Does anybody know if Bill is not doing knife work anymore....his old phone num. Is no longer working...I hope he is ok? Thanks FLEAS Out
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: BILL HAMMONDS

Post by philco »

I hate to tell you but Bill passed away last year. Here's a link to his obituary.

https://www.orpfh.com/obituary/william-hammons-iii
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Gatorfleas

Post by Gatorfleas »

Thanks Phil....I figured something happened....tried calling him about him cleaning some knives....he did some for me 2 or 3 years ago...he sure did great work...was it vivid or does anyone know....I sure will miss his knife skills......Is there anyone else who cleans knives by the way....thanks for the info....FLEAS Out
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I never met Bill in person, but spoke to him on the phone a few times and he gave me a lot of good advice and always had vintage Case parts I needed. From what he told me, he had an amazing vintage Case parts collection and was always willing to share with me when he could help. I deeply regret never making the trip to visit him in Kentucky when he invited me. I heard that he died of a sudden heart attack. Very sad. RIP Bill Hammons. ::teary_eyes::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Bill did have a massive heart attack.He was a good man and friend.
Roger

Return to “General Knife Discussion”