One beautiful knife !

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
OSCAR

One beautiful knife !

Post by OSCAR »

Nope. I can’t afford it. But, if I win the lottery, perhaps. This is one beautiful knife. The makers wife carved the mammoth ivory handle, and did the engraving. Gemstones are set in 18 karat gold bezels. If I could afford this, I wouldn’t hesitate.
Attachments
AEDEA6B4-32E8-4B77-9775-0B25D98B071C.jpeg
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
kootenay joe

Re: One beautiful knife !

Post by kootenay joe »

Both Curt Erickson and Julie Warenski are very highly regarded in the custom knife world.
Most custom knives are not easy to sell on the secondary market until the price is reduced by about 30% below the original price. The asking price usually starts close to the original price.
Hence it is possible that you could buy this knife for less than the current asking price.
There are a minority of knife makers whose work is in such demand that they do sell on the secondary market at or above original price.
Curt Erickson might be in this minority group. If so it will soon be sold.
kj
OSCAR

Re: One beautiful knife !

Post by OSCAR »

kootenay joe wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:53 pm Both Curt Erickson and Julie Warenski are very highly regarded in the custom knife world.
Most custom knives are not easy to sell on the secondary market until the price is reduced by about 30% below the original price. The asking price usually starts close to the original price.
Hence it is possible that you could buy this knife for less than the current asking price.
There are a minority of knife makers whose work is in such demand that they do sell on the secondary market at or above original price.
Curt Erickson might be in this minority group. If so it will soon be sold.
kj
Hey Joe..... I think it already sold. Even if it went at %50 off, I still couldn’t afford it. It’s a work of art. The Ericksons are terrific designers and craftsman and I’ve always admired all their work. I also am a huge fan of Ken Steigerwalt, whose awesome work is also out of my means.
What do they say? Champagne taste on a beer budget. Just thought to share pictures of this awesome piece with fellow knife fanciers.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”