Case made Moore Maker knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Gatorfleas

Case made Moore Maker knives

Post by Gatorfleas »

Their is a seller on the bay....selling MM knives and claims they are made by Case....Is their any truth to boys and girls? FLEAS Out
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case made Moore Maker knives

Post by knifeaholic »

Case has recently started making a few knives for Moore Maker. Trapper and 18 if I recall correctly. Smooth white bone handles.
Gatorfleas

Post by Gatorfleas »

Thanks there holic...FLEAS out
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Spoke to one of the guys at Moore Maker Inc. the other day and I had ask them about their knives being made under contract with W.R. CASE. Here is the info that I was sent in an email.

Leonard Secrest <leonard@mooremaker.com>
Thu, Aug 12, 9:40 PM (4 days ago)

Yes they still do, the model numbers are 5202c, 5209c , and the 5301c.

Thank you

Mooremaker.com
830-391-7097
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I have one of the Moore Maker stockman patterns - identical to a Case 6318 except it has white bone handle covers. When you see it and have it in-hand it is unmistakably Case. Nicely done, excellent f & f, walk and talk, etc.

Ken
Attachments
14CF3F08-EBDD-4D66-A6D3-9C890005707F.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Very nice Ken, I still need to make a trip up to their property someday.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ditto what David said, that is a beautiful knife, love that bone. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Ken. 👍😎👍
John 🤠
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I really don't like Case stainless, as it seems to be too thick behind the edge or something. Case's only official white bone knives are SS, while these Moore Makers are CV. That's my main selling point. Stil trying decide between the Mini Trapper or 18 Stockman. These are quite a bit more expensive than their Case counterparts,and my regular source for Moore Maker doesn't sell them. So, Moore Maker direct.

It has always surprised me how Case, probably the most well-known and respected cutlery company in America, decided to start producing Moore Maker knives, since in Case's more than 100-year history, I can't recall them doing a lot of private label knives. Moore Maker seems to be the first one in the modern era.

I read from a recent email from a smaller dealer (Silver Knights) that Buck was backing away from SFO models for small businesses/dealers , presumably due to its new management. I'm curious how many Moore Makers period are sold, as compared to say Copper and Clad Buck SFOs? They seem much more well known in Texas, as opposed to say, Virginia. I think I'm the only guy, in my part of the state at least, who owns, uses, and actively endorses Moore Maker knives. My local knife store recently listed several Silver Knights and Copper and Clad SFOs; but to this date, I have never seen a single Moore Maker from them. Most new and used Moore Makers come from Texas. I buy my Moore Makers (and other stuff since) from a rather large tack and apparel retailer in TX.

I would probably say more Moore Makers are sold than Buck SFOs, but that's something I can't back up with facts, as I don't have them.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Yes, these are the first contract knives that Case has made - without Case markings - since the 1920's to 1930's.

On the Moore Maker web site, they currently only show the 54 trapper and the 18 stockman patterns made by Case. I assume that the third pattern was the 07 Mini Trapper?

If MM had Case make the 39 Tony Bose Sowbelly in CV, I would be all over it!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

It’s been a few years since I last visited with the Moore family, but at that time they were quite proud of having their products “made in U.S.A.” I think their customer base expects that of them, and is what led them to work something out with Case. They both have that pride and customer expectation in common. ::nod::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “General Knife Discussion”