NCCA knife show Sept 19

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Gunsil

NCCA knife show Sept 19

Post by Gunsil »

Woohoo, yippeee, the Northeast Cutlery Collectors Association will be having their one day show in Marlborough, MA at the Holiday Inn next Sunday Sept. 19th. Barry and myself are planning on being there, hope to see some of you regulars there and hopefully some new faces too. All tables are sold out, this will be the first NCCA show in two years due to covid. I won't have a table but may carry some knives for lobby trading/selling. This is a smaller show but with the usual quality knives for sale the NCCA shows are known for. Show opens to the public at 9 AM, runs until 2 PM. Free donuts and coffee for all!!
tongueriver

Re: NCCA knife show Sept 19

Post by tongueriver »

Sounds like a good time will be had by all. @ 2124 miles I might not get there in time. Enjoy!
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Gene I'll definitely be there, probably wearing my old green Canal Street Cutlery t-shirt. I'll probably be hanging out with Bob Pomerantz at his table for a spell. See if you can hold Barry back from the tables until I get to do a walk around hehe. :wink: ::tu::

Looking forward to seeing you guys and actually attending a show!! First one in nearly two years!

Eric
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

C'mon Cal, your private jet could get you there in a few hours! Eric, I saw Bob at Middletown last Sat. Be nice to meet you in person, don't worry, Barry has his "secret" table that he haunts.
eveled

Post by eveled »

I’ll be there with my son. I’ll try to remember a name tag. If you see me please say hi.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Ed, I'm skinny as a rail 5'10" with a short pony tail and will be wearing a tan baseball cap that says "Squid Row Menemsha" on it, should be easy to find. Be nice to meet you in person too!! Let me know if there are any of mine you'd like to see in person.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

If all goes well, I'll be there also!
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

I’ll be seeing ya there. Look for a red and black AAPK hat and a guy who has been waiting two years for in-person swapping of greenbacks for sharpened bits of steel and bone.

Dennis
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Will be good that some of you fine gentleman can catch up in person, that is a luxury i don't have. ::mdm:: :lol: :lol: :lol: ::tu::
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

I'll be there, no table, but look forward to seeing everyone!
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I hope to be there.
I'll be catching a ride with Ben Timme.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Joe
eveled

Post by eveled »

Gunsil wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:39 pm Ed, I'm skinny as a rail 5'10" with a short pony tail and will be wearing a tan baseball cap that says "Squid Row Menemsha" on it, should be easy to find. Be nice to meet you in person too!! Let me know if there are any of mine you'd like to see in person.
I’ll keep an eye out. I’m 5’6” heavy built I’ll wear my Orange welders hat blue pocket tee shirt. I’ll be with a little kid who is almost taller than I am.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Looks like there will be a good turn out! Ed, the room isn't that large, should be easy to meet. Cudgee, if I win the lottery I'll send you air fare for the next show. You too Cal.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

What amazes me most about this thread is that everyone already knows what they'll be wearing on Saturday ::shrug::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

What amazes me most about this thread is that everyone already knows what they'll be wearing on Saturday
Actually it's Sunday, and it's easy when you seldom change clothes!

Dennis
Attachments
Clothes.jpeg
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

deo-pa wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:50 pm
What amazes me most about this thread is that everyone already knows what they'll be wearing on Saturday
Actually it's Sunday, and it's easy when you seldom change clothes!

Dennis
Too funny Dennis - I was going to mention the notion of a "daily uniform" but I didn't want to offend anyone - we certainly are creatures of habit aren't we? ::dang::
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
eveled

Post by eveled »

It was easy for me I don’t own anything but blue pocket tees. I bought a green tee shirt once and my wife didn’t recognize me!

I wear a different welders hat everyday. I picked my Orange one for the show because it is my brightest one. I almost picked my pink flowery 🌸 Hawaiian 🌺 one but didn’t want to make anyone nervous.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

eveled wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:26 pm I almost picked my pink flowery 🌸 Hawaiian 🌺 one but didn’t want to make anyone nervous.

:lol:
Joe
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Had a great time at the show this morning. It was great to catch up with everyone. I'll post some goodies later.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

glennbad wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:18 pm Had a great time at the show this morning. It was great to catch up with everyone. I'll post some goodies later.
Looking forward to seeing your goodies. ::groove::
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Well, it certainly was great to get to a knife show. But especially to catch up with the guys that were there.

I did get some time to spend (too much) some money. Picked up a few decent ones...

I've been looking for one of these for a bit. Probably cutlered by Eric!
NCCA 9-19-21-5.jpg

2 804 patterns...one in Bone
NCCA 9-19-21-1.jpg

2 very clean Schrade Cut Co's
NCCA 9-19-21-2.jpg

This cool Hoffritz 3-blade...the forward-facing placement/nail nick on that sheep/coping blade was unusual.
NCCA 9-19-21-4.jpg

I picked this up in a lot from Steve...an un-hafted 897
NCCA 9-19-21-3.jpg

I picked up some others, but these were the nicer highlights. I chewed Eric's ear off for awhile talking shop, and picked up a small project on a Waterbury knife.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Wow you got a bunch of great looking knives! Two 804 bones!. And the handles on that Hoffritz !!!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Some nice scores there, sounds like and looks like you had a great time, i'm sure you learnt something useful as well. ::tu::
eveled

Post by eveled »

It was a fun day. Count me and Liam as regulars at the shows from now on. I bought us both memberships.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

glennbad wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:13 pm Well, it certainly was great to get to a knife show. But especially to catch up with the guys that were there.

I did get some time to spend (too much) some money. Picked up a few decent ones...

I've been looking for one of these for a bit. Probably cutlered by Eric!
NCCA 9-19-21-5.jpg

2 804 patterns...one in Bone
NCCA 9-19-21-1.jpg

2 very clean Schrade Cut Co's
NCCA 9-19-21-2.jpg

This cool Hoffritz 3-blade...the forward-facing placement/nail nick on that sheep/coping blade was unusual.
NCCA 9-19-21-4.jpg

I picked this up in a lot from Steve...an un-hafted 897
NCCA 9-19-21-3.jpg

I picked up some others, but these were the nicer highlights. I chewed Eric's ear off for awhile talking shop, and picked up a small project on a Waterbury knife.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: Some nice ones you picked up!!
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty

Return to “General Knife Discussion”