The "SLOW" Delivery will begin in NOV!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
LDF Knives

The "SLOW" Delivery will begin in NOV!

Post by LDF Knives »

My Fellow Knifians: Buyers or sellers: a Word of Caution, as the heavy season is around the corner DO NOT use FED EX Smart Post! You may as well use the Original Pony Express! They leave packages for 2 or 3 days (maybe longer) at a time on to the next destination and repeat the process and move to the next town to wherever it may be. It really sucks! Don't have your customers to be on the waiting list! 'Nuff said in advance!!
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: The "SLOW" Delivery will begin in NOV!

Post by Jeffinn »

I don’t use FedEx but I’ll be closing my online shop from November through January due to the extremely poor delivery service during the holidays.
The USPS is woefully inadequate already and I know from experience that it’ll only get worse during the holiday season.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks for the heads up. The problem I always run into as a buyer is that I never know the item shipped by "Smart Post" until I get the tracking number. By then it's too late.

If anybody knows how to determine that before the order is placed, I would really like to know.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

Railsplitter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 pm Thanks for the heads up. The problem I always run into as a buyer is that I never know the item shipped by "Smart Post" until I get the tracking number. By then it's too late.

If anybody knows how to determine that before the order is placed, I would really like to know.
ask your P O if they "use" Fed Ex Smart post, if they do, ask where they Don't have such service (another P O)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

LDF Knives wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:49 pm
Railsplitter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 pm Thanks for the heads up. The problem I always run into as a buyer is that I never know the item shipped by "Smart Post" until I get the tracking number. By then it's too late.

ask your P O if they "use" Fed Ex Smart post, if they do, ask where they Don't have such service (another P O)

I think I get what you're saying but how is that going to help me as a buyer? I have to use the PO that delivers to my house.

I guess I could select a higher priced shipping option to avoid Smart Post but the lowest shipping option is usually First Class Mail which is exactly what I want. The problem is that once I get the tracking number for what I thought was First Class Mail, I see that it shipped Smart Post.

In other words, vendors don't tell you it's Smart Post in advance. You find that out after it ships.
Rick T.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I bought a t-shirt online.
mail.jpg
And this is how it was sent (tracking says out for delivery). I've never seen this before. Anyone have any experience with "easypost"?
easypost.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:51 pm I bought a t-shirt online.

mail.jpg

And this is how it was sent (tracking says out for delivery). I've never seen this before. Anyone have any experience with "easypost"?

easypost.jpg
Jerry, I could be wrong so please take this with a grain of salt. I think "easypost" is an online program that some vendors use for package tracking. I don't think easypost is the method used to ship the package. I've seen it before and it's always when I click on a link within the vendor's shipping notification email.

In those cases, if I look up my tracking number on the USPS website, it says nothing about easypost.
Rick T.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Railsplitter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:26 pm

mail.jpg

easypost.jpg
Jerry, I could be wrong so please take this with a grain of salt. I think "easypost" is an online program that some vendors use for package tracking. I don't think easypost is the method used to ship the package. I've seen it before and it's always when I click on a link within the vendor's shipping notification email.

In those cases, if I look up my tracking number on the USPS website, it says nothing about easypost.
This was a purchase from an online vendor so who knows. ::shrug::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:23 pm

mail.jpg

easypost.jpg

Easy post is a provider of shipping services. Sellers use services like Easypost to get discounts on shipping, to compare shipping rates and to purchase and print shipping labels. You can track packages through them or use the tracking number at the applicable website. It’s an all in one source for shipping.
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

Railsplitter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:06 pm
LDF Knives wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:49 pm

I think I get what you're saying but how is that going to help me as a buyer? I have to use the PO that delivers to my house.

I guess I could select a higher priced shipping option to avoid Smart Post but the lowest shipping option is usually First Class Mail which is exactly what I want. The problem is that once I get the tracking number for what I thought was First Class Mail, I see that it shipped Smart Post.

In other words, vendors don't tell you it's Smart Post in advance. You find that out after it ships.
MY P O does great service, does not use "other" sources I had a knife shipped to Hawaii (reg postage) got there in 3 days!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Jeffinn wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:44 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:23 pm

Easy post is a provider of shipping services. Sellers use services like Easypost to get discounts on shipping, to compare shipping rates and to purchase and print shipping labels. You can track packages through them or use the tracking number at the applicable website. It’s an all in one source for shipping.
Jeff
Well there ya go then. Thanks Jeff.

Could I have found that with Goggle? :mrgreen:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Railsplitter wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:06 pm vendors don't tell you it's Smart Post in advance. You find that out after it ships.
And then you find out your package wound up in Cleveland and you live in California...

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...

Return to “General Knife Discussion”