Lost and Found

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jhmenges

Re: Lost and Found

Post by jhmenges »

Hmmm... I've enjoyed the responses to my 'Lost and Found' story. Lots of great knife stories out there just waiting to be shared. Bob's response about losing things other than knives, along with a partial list of those things, includes mention of a bag of tropical fish. Really? That's interesting! Perhaps the details are posted at an AATF website somewhere? More detail desired.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I was up in Montana this summer visiting my friend "MTC". We were heading up in the mountains in two vehicles when we had to stop to cut and move a tree blocking the road. I got out to help and after clearing the road we drove on. After a while I reached under the seat to get my Strider fixed blade that I had taken off my belt when we started the trip. When I reached down I could not find it. I told "MTC", "Oh man my Strider is gone!" At the time when I got the knife it cost about $350 or so. However, more important than that, I had carried it overseas and it had a lot of sentimental meaning beyond what it was worth as a high quality knife.

I thought the only place we stopped was where we cut the tree up to move it. So I called the guys in the other vehicle and said we are turning around. We drove back and I was straining my eyes with my head out the window looking along the side of the road for a green knife and sheath... ::facepalm::

We drove and drove and I thought we had to have passed it. We had pushed all the parts of the tree off the road so we could not easily find the exact spot. ::dang::

Then when all hope appeared lost ::skeptic:: ... I saw it :shock: right there in the middle of the gravel & dirt road! My strider!!! ::ds:: I must have kicked it out when I got out the truck and not heard it hit the ground (I have a lot of hearing loss so :roll: ...).

Well like my mama always said ; "Better to be born lucky than good looking or rich" :wink:
Attachments
DSCF2915.JPG
DSCF2904.JPG
screenshot.png
DSCF2808.JPG
DSCF2808.JPG (42.42 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
DSCF2821.JPG
DSCF2821.JPG (51.46 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
DSCF2850.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

jhmenges wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 pm Hey All,
I'm new to the site, but not new to knives... Lost and Found!! Hope you enjoyed reading about it.
Thanks for posting this thread! ::nod:: I think a lot of "Knife-Nuts" have lost a knife or two over the years :roll: a pretty common thing to happen... ::paranoid:: but it is the times that we find that knife again that really stand out in our memories. ::nod::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
jhmenges

Post by jhmenges »

Love the story of the "lost and found" Strider. And the photos! Beautiful knife like that with the memories attached becomes a close friend! Thanx for sharing!
jhm

Return to “General Knife Discussion”