Schrade collectibles.

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
lt632ret

Schrade collectibles.

Post by lt632ret »

I see that there is it seems some new interest in the USA Schrade line of knives and some of the items they offered for sale. I am posting some ( alot) of pictures of a few of my knives and displays. I prefer to try to display them in original cases. Some of these pics are not great but they should allow a glimpse and give an idea. Obvuiously they are much nicer in person. I took these pics at random and they are only a representaion, also I tried to stay with Schrade Walden and Schrade USA. These are not imports and represent some of this group. I triedto stay away from Schrade Cut Co Pre 1946. Mainly these are Ot and UH. However there are other displays mixed in. There are to many to describe each knife. Some of the displays are of various examples specific patterns (ie fillet knife snd sharpfinger. with some of these I have placed the original dies used to make this pattern. I hope you may find these interesting and enjoyable. PS I included an LB7 which was customized with stag and an automatic opening flylock Mech. PPS I can only put 10 pics at a time so it will take a couple of postings LT
Attachments
MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG
MVC-004S.JPG
MVC-005S.JPG
MVC-006S.JPG
MVC-007S.JPG
MVC-008S.JPG
MVC-009S.JPG
MVC-010S.JPG
lt632ret

Re: Schrade collectibles.

Post by lt632ret »

More not great pics
Attachments
MVC-013S.JPG
MVC-014S.JPG
MVC-016S.JPG
MVC-017S.JPG
MVC-018S.JPG
MVC-019S.JPG
MVC-020S.JPG
MVC-021S.JPG
MVC-022S.JPG
MVC-023S.JPG
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

a final few more. LT
Attachments
MVC-024S.JPG
MVC-026S.JPG
MVC-027S.JPG
MVC-029S.JPG
MVC-030S.JPG
MVC-033S.JPG
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Very cool! In your first post, second pic, are those the 49ers set?
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Great collection!!
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

Yes those are 49ers I have a couple of those complete displays. Also if you look at the back of a 49er they have the anvil struck die on them I have the original hammer and die used to do this ( it was done by hand. Thannkyou for the interest. I could only post a fraction of this stuff and tried to stay in this what I consider later Schrade time frame late fiftys until 2003. LT
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

lt632ret wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:11 pm Yes those are 49ers I have a couple of those complete displays. Also if you look at the back of a 49er they have the anvil struck die on them I have the original hammer and die used to do this ( it was done by hand.
Awesome, thanks ::tu:: Do you know the date coding for the Benchmade 49ers, that is the one thing I can't find. I know you posted in an old thread on BF that Codger started.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/ben ... ch.405670/
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Excellent. ::tu:: Thanks, J.O'.
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

Sorry I do not know the coding dates. LT
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

:shock: WOW 8) 8)
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

Strange how great minds run in the same direction attached is a pic ( posted before) for an article I did some time ago. I believe I have the 15UH issue I would have to go out to the museum ( to cold to dark dangerous for an old man) and check I have a board display with most of the 15 variations. I do not think I have the gut hook 158 but frankly it could be around. In the pic the knives are all Case autos which include coke and clasp zippers. as well as the large pre (I believe 1922 bills and several pocket watches. As I said great minds. I also have a mustang conv 2003 light blue however I keep it garaged and put away in the garage in the winter I only drive it in the summer ( an old mans toy) . I knew many of the people from Schrade ( not sure if you said your dad was affialiated with Schrade ) I along with Dave Swinden ( pres of Schrade ) was the curator of the factory collection. I also was there customer represenative and historian at shows on the East coast. I have been at this for 65 years so I have been able to acquire alot of rare and obsolete items. After I retired I wrote a bill now a law which allowed automatics to be legally displayed in museums in NYS. I was a founder of the Wawarsing historical knife museum . Retirment allowed me time to do a couple of knife related books. It is always good to see people who keep this piece of history alive with there interest . Regards LT
Attachments
poker 2.JPG
big book1.JPG
MVC-001S.JPG
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

Thankyou for your interest and offer, at this time I do not wish to sell and I do not believe that you have any thing I might wish to trade for. If I do de cide to sell I will put it on my store site. I am sure that eventually you will find one. they say that the fun is in the quest as much as ownership.. Your 357 does look familiar I gave a pair just like it as a present some years ago. Unfortunately one of the recipiants passed on at a young age in a strange set of circumstances. As far as my collection goes when the time comes I would probably have it donated or auctioned off. One thing I do know is that sadly I have no one to leave it to as was my original intention. In fact I would rather see it destroyed than sold or enjoyed by any of my family .none of whom can be trusted All I that I want is to have nothing to do with them .That being said a knife is only a tool and I do not covet them as I did when I was younger.I believe that given time you will find what you are looking for and get what you deserve. Sorry I could not be of further help. PS looking at your Mustang I know ssomeone who lives in PA who has the same color and year mustang. alot or coincidences. Good luck on your collecting.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I always enjoy seeing pics of your collection Rich, and also good to see you posting!
rustyoldknife
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by rustyoldknife »

Uncle Henry wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:11 am
lt632ret wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:04 am
LT and Uncle Henry thank you for sharing you impressive collections ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
David
Uncle Henry

Post by Uncle Henry »

I am very glad you enjoyed it. I Love the Uncle Henry’s and the oddballs!
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

Uncle Henry wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:44 am I like old cars as well. I own both the 71 Mustang convertible and the 1938 dodge brother sedan and my Schrade knives ride comfortably in both. Both are all original and not piecemeal together. The 38 has only 20k miles on it.
Wow! You are a man of fine tastes! A Schrade in a collectable car sounds like heaven to me! ::ds:: Welcome to aapk.
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Wow. Very nice ::tu::
Mike
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

Very impressive! ::tu::
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

In your third photo, there are two white-handled models I have never seen before. And I don't think I've seen a lightweight folding fish fillet/MA6 before either.

Prototypes for unproduced models?
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

You are correct to my knowledge never released These were in the research and development ( RD) room when Schrade was closing and I was allowed to preseve some of the more unusual items. LT
robpa

Post by robpa »

Thats a lot of Schrades!! Vety nice.
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

lt632ret wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:52 pm I see that there is it seems some new interest in the USA Schrade line of knives and some of the items they offered for sale. I am posting some ( alot) of pictures of a few of my knives and displays. I prefer to try to display them in original cases. Some of these pics are not great but they should allow a glimpse and give an idea. Obvuiously they are much nicer in person. I took these pics at random and they are only a representaion, also I tried to stay with Schrade Walden and Schrade USA. These are not imports and represent some of this group. I triedto stay away from Schrade Cut Co Pre 1946. Mainly these are Ot and UH. However there are other displays mixed in. There are to many to describe each knife. Some of the displays are of various examples specific patterns (ie fillet knife snd sharpfinger. with some of these I have placed the original dies used to make this pattern. I hope you may find these interesting and enjoyable. PS I included an LB7 which was customized with stag and an automatic opening flylock Mech. PPS I can only put 10 pics at a time so it will take a couple of postings LT
Spectacular collection! ::ds::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Nice collection UH ::ds::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

Uncle Henry wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:52 pm Let's try this again..... Anybody have a Schrade 499 in Stag that they want to sell? I have all the other 49rs series in Stag except for the 499. I also have the 141, 147, and 148 all in stag. The only one I am missing is the 499S and that would complete the set. Please PM me or respond to this post if you have it and if you want to make a deal. All offers will be entertained. Thanks - Sincerely - Uncle Henry
Hey man, I have a question I am trying to find information on for a friend. He is looking to want to find what all hallmarks and the years of each when made? Do you have that information? Or know how to find that information? Also is that the whole collection of the 49ers or no, I don’t necessarily collect just looking for all information that has to do with them thanks.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Go to the next topic down under "Knife Forum", "Knife Q and A" and click on "Tang Stamp Charts". Type SCHRADE in the "search this topic" space. There's a nice SCHRADE outline there. J.O'.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”