Where do you get your NEW knives?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
robpa

Re: Where do you get your NEW knives?

Post by robpa »

Count up the total knives for sale at AAPK stores and that makes the combined stores a fairly large dealer. I'd say a good 50-60% of my knives come from AAPK stores. Mostly new old stock. Never been disappointed, not once. Bought 2 from e bay in 4 years. Bought several from GEC factory store. And now I am comissioning direct from a custom maker Ive discoverd only 3 miles from my house. Nuthin wrong with supporting the larger dealers like Smokey Mt. etc, but I believe the stores right here oughtta be supported whenever possible.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mark---Sharpnshinyknives. Plenty from his store, plus, many Mark has bought and shipped from other AAPK stores for me that won't ship to Canada. (AAPK)
Jamie---JamieinWV. (AAPK)
Herb---herbva. (AAPK)
Matt---Sanders Knives (AAPK)
Ali---Eight knives. (AAPK)
Gary---Kennedy Knives. (AAPK)
Brent---Luv Stag. (AAPK)
James---James & Company. (AAPK)
David---Mrdavidkolds. (AAPK)
Pierre Omidyar---Ebay.
Jeff Bezos---Amazon.
Whomever is running China---China.
Various others depending on their shipping to Canada policy, mostly successfully.
Canada Customs---If they'd let me buy-back what they've stolen from me!!!
Anyone I may have overlooked from AAPK should be on here too!
8)
8)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

tvic wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:14 pm Anyone dealt with detroitengraving.com?
I hadn't heard of them prior to reading that post, so I looked them up. Their Web site looks rather basic. Hopefully it's secure. I have no idea what their dealer status is, but they aren't too far from me. Maybe someday I'll swing by and check them out.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:05 pm

8)
When it comes to the Chi-Coms, 'Ol Xi Jinping* is running the show, ::paranoid:: so ultimately that is who is pocketing them there hard-earned Loonies you keep throwing his (and the CCP's) way. :x

(*Note: Xi Jinping is a Chinese politician who has served as the general secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC), and thus as the paramount leader of China, since 2012)
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:16 pm
tvic wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:14 pm Anyone dealt with detroitengraving.com?
I hadn't heard of them prior to reading that post, so I looked them up. Their Web site looks rather basic. Hopefully it's secure. I have no idea what their dealer status is, but they aren't too far from me. Maybe someday I'll swing by and check them out.
Thanks, Dan!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:04 am

8)
When it comes to the Chi-Coms, 'Ol Xi Jinping* is running the show, ::paranoid:: so ultimately that is who is pocketing them there hard-earned Loonies you keep throwing his (and the CCP's) way. :x

(*Note: Xi Jinping is a Chinese politician who has served as the general secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC), and thus as the paramount leader of China, since 2012)
Well thanks for the current affairs update, Dog, I'll be sure to address any future checks for products directly to 'Ol Xi Jinping", after I blow my nose on them!
8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:06 am

8)
I'll be sure to address any future checks for products directly to 'Ol Xi Jinping".
8)
::paranoid:: M.M. I don't want to accuse you of selling out to the Chi-Coms ... ::hmm:: But... ::paranoid:: I am sending you a big 'ol Chi-com emoji (only because I can't find a normal sized one :oops: )
Attachments
C.B.H. Chi-Com-Stooge.jpg
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

luckydog64
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by luckydog64 »

Bought a knife from an AAPK store yesterday but the buyer apparently got sellers remorse instead. Was not new but it was 250.00 dollars. Cancelled my order and said he sold it on another forum. I still have a blown gasket cause this has happened to me before. It was on the first page of knives for sale. Probably had been posted earlier in the day. I will get over it but I don't have to like it.
Earth First! We'll mine the other planets later.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

luckydog64 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:56 pm Bought a knife from an AAPK store yesterday but the buyer apparently got sellers remorse instead. Was not new but it was 250.00 dollars. Cancelled my order and said he sold it on another forum. I still have a blown gasket cause this has happened to me before. It was on the first page of knives for sale. Probably had been posted earlier in the day. I will get over it but I don't have to like it.
It would be nice to know who this is so another person doesn't have it happen to them.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:51 am
Madmarco wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:06 am

8)
I'll be sure to address any future checks for products directly to 'Ol Xi Jinping".
8)
::paranoid:: M.M. I don't want to accuse you of selling out to the Chi-Coms ... ::hmm:: But... ::paranoid:: I am sending you a big 'ol Chi-com emoji (only because I can't find a normal sized one :oops: )
Perfect, Dog!
I'm from Canada bud, I'm allowed to sell-out to the Chi-Coms, didn't you know?
I'll have copies printed out of your emoji and attach one to each and every check I send them, although I'd bet it'll go right over their heads. The average Chi-Com is only 3 ft. tall ya know, so that won't be a problem! lol!
8)
8)
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

I usually buy from Bladehq.com. They usually have some great knives on sale.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

luckydog64 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:56 pm Bought a knife from an AAPK store yesterday but the buyer apparently got sellers remorse instead. Was not new but it was 250.00 dollars. Cancelled my order and said he sold it on another forum. I still have a blown gasket cause this has happened to me before. It was on the first page of knives for sale. Probably had been posted earlier in the day. I will get over it but I don't have to like it.
That's only happened to me once, Dog, and I can still feel the rage I felt when I got the news, I was PI**ED!
That would definitely be the deciding factor in whether I would do business with that seller ever again, NOT!
8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Rich53 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:51 pm I usually buy from Bladehq.com. They usually have some great knives on sale.
I have had awesome luck on Bladehq.com. ::tu::

Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:25 pm
Rich53 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:51 pm I usually buy from Bladehq.com. They usually have some great knives on sale.
I have had awesome luck on Bladehq.com. ::tu::
Me, too! I've bought a lot of knives on sale from Bladehq, and some higher end ones. I've always been happy.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”