Stockman Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Stockman Knives

Post by doglegg »

A great blade combination Tim.
catspa

Post by catspa »

That’s a beauty, Tim. If it were mine, I’d be afraid to scratch it up, so I’d only carry it on holidays.

Parker
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

tvic wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:53 pm Boker I recently got.
SWEEEEET! Where did you get it and what's the scale material?
I'll be bummed if you tell me it's out of production!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Steve Warden wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:03 pm
SWEEEEET! Where did you get it and what's the scale material?
I'll be bummed if you tell me it's out of production!
Steve, I found some new old stock recently, and based on the other knives, it could be anywhere from the 1980s to early 2000s. So, I really don’t know if it’s out of production. I have the original box and papers, but it doesn’t give any info on the handle material.
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Eelephant

Post by Eelephant »

Here’s all my stockman. Nothing of any particular value. I don’t think, but they’re great in the EDC rotation. Brands as follows. Left to right, top to bottom. Well, not sure why the picture rotates when you post it. So, imagine the picture is rotated 90 degrees clockwise when looking at brand list.
Schrade
Schrade
Sabre
Sabre
Ka-bar
Colonial
Boker
Stag
Ranger
Monarch
Kutmaster
Frontier
Camillus
Camillus
Attachments
ECD10B51-2A23-443F-9207-5CCF00C24C81.jpeg
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Eelephant wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:54 pm Here’s all my stockman. Nothing of any particular value. I don’t think, but they’re great in the EDC rotation. Brands as follows. Left to right, top to bottom. Well, not sure why the picture rotates when you post it. So, imagine the picture is rotated 90 degrees clockwise when looking at brand list.
Schrade
Schrade
Sabre
Sabre
Ka-bar
Colonial
Boker
Stag
Ranger
Monarch
Kutmaster
Frontier
Camillus
Camillus
Nice!! Thanks for posting them!! :)
Thomasg

Post by Thomasg »

Pal cutlery
Pal cutlery
Saber U.S.A.
Saber U.S.A.
Un known  brand
Un known brand
Western boulder co.
Western boulder co.
Pal cutlery co
Pal cutlery co
usattachment=7]image.jpg[/attachment]
Keen Cutter
Keen Cutter
. Stockmen are great for every day carry .some I use in my weekly rotation .
Attachments
Schrade  Walden
Schrade Walden
Saber  Japan
Saber Japan
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Eelephant wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:54 pm Here’s all my stockman. Nothing of any particular value. I don’t think, but they’re great in the EDC rotation. Brands as follows. Left to right, top to bottom. Well, not sure why the picture rotates when you post it. So, imagine the picture is rotated 90 degrees clockwise when looking at brand list.
Schrade
Schrade
Sabre
Sabre
Ka-bar
Colonial
Boker
Stag
Ranger
Monarch
Kutmaster
Frontier
Camillus
Camillus
Please don’t take my comment in a negative way but it seems a little strange to see that many stockman knives and not one Case in the pile! ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Eelephant

Post by Eelephant »

treefarmer wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:07 am
Please don’t take my comment in a negative way but it seems a little strange to see that many stockman knives and not one Case in the pile! ::shrug::
Treefarmer
Haha! No offense taken, my tree farming friend. It has to do with the way I collect. I usually buy bulk lots from eBay, and try not to pay more than $5 per Knife. Consequently, I have very few Case knives in my collection of prolly close to 900 knives. Maybe 2 or 3. To me, the fun and satisfaction of collecting is not about the value (or even the quality, really, to a certain extent. I’ll take a few imperials of varying colors and sizes over a single high value Case any day of the week), but it’s about opening that box and sifting through the loot. Cleaning, repairing, cataloguing, etc... love the endless variety of shapes and colors. Bottom line is, if I gotta spend $45 to add a single Case knife to my collection, it ain’t gonna happen. But, again, just explaining why there are no Case knives in that picture, and talking about how I collect, not passing judgement on anyone else’s way they collect, dig?

Here’s a old pic of my collection (it’s significantly larger now), with the one, single, solitary Case knife circled. Haha! Anyway, thanks for the comment!
Attachments
548113B9-D09A-4367-875D-5B8F5B06BC0F.jpeg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Eelephant,
That's a fine pile of knives! I know what you mean about "rescuing" an old knife and fluffing it up a bit, a satisfying job. ::tu::
When I was a youngster, about all I ever saw when around working folks, was Case, Queen and Treebrand (Boker). Somehow I was dedicated to Case as a young teen and was that way for a long time. Now I lean toward older Queens as my EDC's but do carry a Case on Sundays and other times too! I too have sockman patterns from lots of the older companies, Schrade/Old Timer, Camillus, a few Pals, etc. My two favorite stockman patterns are the Case 75's and the Queen #49.
Treefarmer

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I have a few Stockman's but am not a fan of the pattern.

This is the ones that were easy to find (I didn't look very hard)
Attachments
Schrade 108OT - Labeled.JPG
Schrade 8 OT - Labeled.JPG
Schrade 8OTWB - Labeled 2.JPG
Schrade Walden #861 - Labeled.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Matt_WY
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Matt_WY »

FFF5870B-3BF1-4F3B-BF21-747F2FD467D1.jpeg
I love a stockman knife and these Case/Bose collaborations hit all the right boxes for me. Full-size, quality steel, solid walk and talk, just feels good in your hands.
WTB: GEC\Plaza Cutlery 33 dog paw knife
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Beauty, wow those scales rock, great color and depth.
Matt_WY wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:02 pm
FFF5870B-3BF1-4F3B-BF21-747F2FD467D1.jpeg
I love a stockman knife and these Case/Bose collaborations hit all the right boxes for me. Full-size, quality steel, solid walk and talk, just feels good in your hands.
Beautiful knife, great stuff no doubt, just not too keen on what you gotta pay and I can't figure out why Case finishes these so well and totally drops the ball on their regular fare?
Schrade
Schrade
Sabre
Sabre
Ka-bar
Colonial
Boker
Stag
Ranger
Monarch
Kutmaster
Frontier
Camillus
Camillus

Beauty of a group. Nice ones in there. Welcome to the club.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Eelephant wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:07 pm
treefarmer wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:07 am
Treefarmer
Haha! No offense taken, my tree farming friend. It has to do with the way I collect. I usually buy bulk lots from eBay, and try not to pay more than $5 per Knife. Consequently, I have very few Case knives in my collection of prolly close to 900 knives. Maybe 2 or 3. To me, the fun and satisfaction of collecting is not about the value (or even the quality, really, to a certain extent. I’ll take a few imperials of varying colors and sizes over a single high value Case any day of the week), but it’s about opening that box and sifting through the loot. Cleaning, repairing, cataloguing, etc... love the endless variety of shapes and colors. Bottom line is, if I gotta spend $45 to add a single Case knife to my collection, it ain’t gonna happen. But, again, just explaining why there are no Case knives in that picture, and talking about how I collect, not passing judgement on anyone else’s way they collect, dig?

Here’s a old pic of my collection (it’s significantly larger now), with the one, single, solitary Case knife circled. Haha! Anyway, thanks for the comment!
I like buying a big old pile of knives as well and then getting home and sifting through the loot. Cleaning, repairing, cataloging, etc. ::nod:: However, I am having trouble adding Case knives to my collection because at the local flea market I go to the sellers want top $$$ 💰💰💰💵💵💵 for worn-out beat up, broken tip, rusted over, POSs :( They all know the name "CASE" and they all want a new Case price ::disgust::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Eelephant

Post by Eelephant »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:06 am
I like buying a big old pile of knives as well and then getting home and sifting through the loot. Cleaning, repairing, cataloging, etc. ::nod:: However, I am having trouble adding Case knives to my collection because at the local flea market I go to the sellers want top $$$ 💰💰💰💵💵💵 for worn-out beat up, broken tip, rusted over, POSs :( They all know the name "CASE" and they all want a new Case price ::disgust::
Exactly this. ^^^

Even tho I always look at flea markets, I basically never buy. 95% of flea market knives fall into one of two categories. 1) the situation you described above. I.e., overpriced big name brands in terrible condition, or 2) the rusty, dirty Imperial/Sabre/Colonial/Ideal that they want $10-$15 for. Bro, I got 100’s of those at home that I paid between $3 - $5 each for. But, I understand that in situations like this, I am not their target customer. Their target is a person who just might want to simply pick up a cool vintage knife to carry.

Even if the high value brand knife they are selling is in great condition, it would have to be something I really, really, really wanted to get me to pay pretty much anything over, say, $20. I’m just not interested in it.
Eelephant

Post by Eelephant »

treefarmer wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:48 pm My two favorite stockman patterns are the Case 75's and the Queen #49.
Treefarmer
Did you post pics of these? Would love to see the Queen.
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

My only KaBar stockman.
PXL_20221108_172802102.jpg
Trace
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Nice one, Trace!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Eelephant wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:30 pm
treefarmer wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:48 pm My two favorite stockman patterns are the Case 75's and the Queen #49.
Treefarmer
Did you post pics of these? Would love to see the Queen.
10-4 Eelephant, here are 2 Queen #49 Stockmen:
001.JPG
002.JPG
Both have the 1958-1960 tang stamp, both left the factory looking like the one on the top. They have what is known as Winterbottom Bone handles, not to be confused with imitation Winterbottom. The real bone is usually more desirable to a collector but the imitation Winterbottom (Delrin) is more durable. The well-used one is one of my EDCs. It still walks and talks and holds an edge.
Treefarmer

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Beautiful old Queens. I much prefer the Winterbottom bone to the Delrin any day. I like the way that one on the bottom has aged, that gives it some real character. That will be a great legacy knife to pass down some day.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Pal Cutlery Co.
Attachments
thumbnail_20221124_105713.jpg
thumbnail_20221124_105818.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Ivory Bulldog
Attachments
WP_20180320_001.jpg
WP_20180320_004.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Drop dead gorgeous Iman. What a beauty.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:44 am Drop dead gorgeous Iman. What a beauty.
It sure is!!!
Tim
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks for the compliments gents. Appreciate it always and glad you like the pic offerings. Thanks again.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”