Stockman Knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Stockman Knives

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Bulldog made some of the finest looking stockman’s you can buy. Very nice.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Thanks, Willie!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
chickenman62

Post by chickenman62 »

Here is a Fighting Rooster Waterfall celluloid.
Attachments
IMG_2147.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Beautiful chickenman. I like the color of that celluloid. I don’t have any celluloid because of the potential for off gassing but I sure like to look at others’ knives who aren’t afraid to have it.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

chickenman62 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:05 pm Here is a Fighting Rooster Waterfall celluloid.
Beauty chickenman. Love that color and a good F'n Rooster. ::tu:: ::tu:: :mrgreen:

While not as pretty this plane Jane Schrade 895 does the trick.
Attachments
thumbnail_20230517_154837.jpg
thumbnail_20230517_154951.jpg
thumbnail_20230517_154610.jpg
thumbnail_20230517_154657.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I've got "Stockmen" piled up everywhere... ::facepalm::
Attachments
DSCF2408.JPG
DSCF2409.JPG
DSCF2410.JPG
DSCF2391.JPG
DSCF2395.JPG
DSCF2396.JPG
DSCF2397.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
chickenman62

Post by chickenman62 »

It is hard to find a Fighting Rooster that is not
celluloid but I keep them all separate from my other knives.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

chickenman62 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:05 pm Here is a Fighting Rooster Waterfall celluloid.
That is a winner! ::hmm:: ...Or should I say "winner, winner chickenman dinner" ? ::skeptic::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Sure is beautiful!
Ivoryman wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:18 am This plane Jane Schrade 895 does the trick.
I'd hardly call that a plain Jane. Another beauty!
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:00 am I've got "Stockmen" piled up everywhere... ::facepalm::
Nothing wrong with that at all!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks a lot Dan, appreciate that thought. Just didn't seem like some of the eye candy around here. Thanks again.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

All looking awesome, chickenman, Iman and Dog!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks tvic. Back to my fave Stockman.
Attachments
20230518_151810.jpg
20230518_151856.jpg
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

REAL nice, Iman! Worm groove?
Tim
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

It's "Hammer time"!!!
Attachments
DSCF2485.JPG
DSCF2486.JPG

slick95
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by slick95 »

A good ole stockman is hard to beat.
Attachments
26E14D65-9540-47A8-9A2B-C49CD21C875D.jpeg
Cody
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

slick95 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:29 am A good ole stockman is hard to beat.
Very nice!!! ::tu:: ::tu::

tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Nice ones, dog and slick!
Here’s a 50th Anniversay Craftsman I took a pic of today.
Attachments
D098D39B-BE72-4E61-A6B6-B8593594BB70.jpeg
Tim
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Very knice, Tim! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

tvic wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:37 pm Nice ones, dog and slick!
Here’s a 50th Anniversay Craftsman I took a pic of today.
Beauty knife. Great lake shot too. Very nice. The bone on mine was called Autumn Leaves jigged bone or Autumn something jigged. They didn't call it worm groove, but you're right, it looks about like that. Thanks for the compliment.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Love that Craftsman Tim. Looks like a workhorse of a knife. Reminds me of my wife’s ranger stockman I gave her from a big collection I bought several years ago.

Got this one in for the store, but decided to keep it. It just feels “right” in hand. The stag is just smooth enough to feel like it’s been in my pocket for years and this size is perfect. It won’t be a user, but I sure am tempted to use it. Boker did a great job on these Henckels and it shows on knives like this one.
Attachments
IMG_5464.jpeg
IMG_5465.jpeg
IMG_5466.jpeg
IMG_5470.jpeg
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

I DO like that Henckels, Mark!
Tim
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Tim, It certainly blew me away. I wasn’t expecting to be drawn to it so much.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:55 am Love that Craftsman Tim. Looks like a workhorse of a knife. Reminds me of my wife’s ranger stockman I gave her from a big collection I bought several years ago.

Got this one in for the store, but decided to keep it. It just feels “right” in hand. The stag is just smooth enough to feel like it’s been in my pocket for years and this size is perfect. It won’t be a user, but I sure am tempted to use it. Boker did a great job on these Henckels and it shows on knives like this one.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Some very nice knives posted in this thread but not all knives posted here or in the thread I'm attaching are stockman pattern knives.

Here is another thread from AAPK that is also dedicated to the stockman pattern. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=49997&hilit=stockman

I think that it is important that we know what the definition of a stockman pattern knife is. A stockman knife and a cattle knife are two different patterns and since this is a knife forum we should be aware of what defines each and not confuse the two.

There are always some grey lines between definitions and it is hard to cover every nuance when it comes to knives but in general the difference between the Stockman and the Cattle knife is the shape of the frame. Stockman patterns being three or more blades and serpentine shaped. Cattle knives being normally but not necessarily equal ended (or any other shape other than serpentine) with three or more blades. Either pattern can have but does not necessarily have a punch blade. Both patterns are normally heavier frame working knives.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

btrwtr wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:30 pm Some very nice knives posted in this thread but not all knives posted here or in the thread I'm attaching are stockman pattern knives.

Here is another thread from AAPK that is also dedicated to the stockman pattern. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... t=stockman

I think that it is important that we know what the definition of a stockman pattern knife is. A stockman knife and a cattle knife are two different patterns and since this is a knife forum we should be aware of what defines each and not confuse the two.

There are always some grey lines between definitions and it is hard to cover every nuance when it comes to knives but in general the difference between the Stockman and the Cattle knife is the shape of the frame. Stockman patterns being three or more blades and serpentine shaped. Cattle knives being normally but not necessarily equal ended (or any other shape other than serpentine) with three or more blades. Either pattern can have but does not necessarily have a punch blade. Both patterns are normally heavier frame working knives.
::tu:: ::tu::
Roger

Return to “General Knife Discussion”