Does anyone have a Jeffin knife?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Does anyone have a Jeffin knife?

Post by CluelessNick »

I don't mean to embarrass Jeff or in any way take away from any of the other great knife mechanics here on the forum but I have become a fan of Jeffin's knives.He is the only mechanic that I have dealt with here and I have to say it is great for a poor knife accumulator like me to be able to purchase what I consider a custom knife at a reasonable price. Well, for me it is a custom knife anyway. I've seen quite a few people sharing their Jeffin knives and thought it would be interesting to see them in one thread. Would anyone like to show their Jeffin knife here?
Attachments
DSC_4767.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Does anyone have a Jeffin knife?

Post by Madmarco »

Although I don't own a Jeffin mod Nick lots of members do, so I would think this thread will see plenty of action! Great idea bud, and beautiful knives you posted! 8)
8)
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Got a few of them.
Attachments
thumbnail_20200617_194819.jpg
thumbnail_20200711_141622.jpg
thumbnail_20200710_130723.jpg
thumbnail_20200906_173033.jpg
thumbnail_20200819_094107.jpg
thumbnail_20210125_123247.jpg
thumbnail_20210524_152353.jpg
thumbnail_20210409_102104.jpg
thumbnail_20210814_154400.jpg
thumbnail_20210814_154426.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Very nice knives Ivoryman,thanks for sharing them
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

I have one. Smooth Autumn Gold. The dual threaded bolsters sold me on
this one.

His knives show great craftsmanship. He is a good communicator
when purchasing his knives. He is a great member to have on
this forum. He mails his knives like a pro.
035D6D8A-7EA7-4F1A-8EB9-FFC4CD5E1209.jpeg
I wish he was my neighbor!

Bob

The knife pictured is more gold in color, Pardon the morning light.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

I have 2, and as stated his work is great.
Attachments
SLK stockman
SLK stockman
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I agree, Jeff does some fine work! Not sure why I don't have one of his knives, but I have been tempted several times!
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Looks as if I-Man buys a lot of his bone material knives and I buy mostly Micarta knives from Mr. Finamore here are the seven I own from him, as of now
Attachments
IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG
IMG_2258.JPG
IMG_2259.JPG
IMG_2260.JPG
IMG_2261.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

JamieinWV wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:22 pm Looks as if I-Man buys a lot of his bone material knives and I buy mostly Micarta knives from Mr. Finamore here are the seven I own from him, as of now
Every one of those is a beauty Jaimie. Congrats on a great group. Thanks and hats off again Jeff.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I have a very nice Jeff re-handled 125OT hunter in micarta but it didn't scan well. I am very happy with it.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Two that I have picked up from Jeffin. ::tu:: ::tu::
Attachments
Screenshot_20220920-131932.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

I looked hard at that Longhorn knife when he had it in his store. Great looking knife. heck they all are.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Beautiful knives being shown by everyone.

Here's one by Jeff.
Attachments
DSCN9813 (4).JPG
DSCN9815 (4).JPG
Joe
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Ivoryman wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:37 am Got a few of them.
The six pic with orange and dark red bone that is a beautiful knife. Well all of them are, but that one is stunning
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:21 pm Two that I have picked up from Jeffin. ::tu:: ::tu::
I also like the longhorn knife, very nice
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks, Nick & Jamie. ::handshake:: Happy to have picked these up.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

FRJ wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:39 pm Beautiful knives being shown by everyone.

Here's one by Jeff.
Wow I like that bolster, and pin job. And such good looking weave and color in that micarta. Congrats, that is sweet.

JamieinWV wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:14 pm
The six pic with orange and dark red bone that is a beautiful knife. Well all of them are, but that one is stunning
Thanks a lot, that's what I thought when I grabbed it. That and how come this one isn't gone already? Thanks again. And I really like that bird etch trade mark you have on those fixed. Sadly I didn't get one on any of the ones I bought from him. You're lucky.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Ivoryman wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:58 pm
FRJ wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:39 pm Beautiful knives being shown by everyone.

Here's one by Jeff.
Wow I like that bolster, and pin job. And such good looking weave and color in that micarta. Congrats, that is sweet.

Thanks a lot, that's what I thought when I grabbed it. That and how come this one isn't gone already? Thanks again. And I really like that bird etch trade mark you have on those fixed. Sadly I didn't get one on any of the ones I bought from him. You're lucky.
funny I bought the two sharpfingers and about a week later I picked up the small game knife, he put yellow liners on it (not my most liked color ) but does it look good on the small hunter.
Attachments
IMG_2220.JPG
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

[/quote]

funny I bought the two sharpfingers and about a week later I picked up the small game knife, he put yellow liners on it (not my most liked color ) but does it look good on the small hunter.
[/quote]

I think it looks great. I love a good yellow and then next to the killer blonde micarta looks great to me. One of a kind look too, to me anyway, doesn't seem like I've seen a lot of yellow liners and next to that color it pops.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Ivoryman wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:09 pm

[/quote]

I think it looks great. I love a good yellow and then next to the killer blonde micarta looks great to me. One of a kind look too, to me anyway, doesn't seem like I've seen a lot of yellow liners and next to that color it pops.
[/quote]

Thanks much.
catspa

Post by catspa »

I’m pleased to see him making fixed blades, and the 1080/buckeye burl one I got is a first class piece of work. I’m convinced he should’ve charged me significantly more for it.

That said, I fear that fixed blades will divert his attention from senior and jumbo stockman restorations, which he’s so darn good at. Oh well, can’t be a bad thing to develop new skills.

Thanks Jeff, if you’re reading this. The knives I’ve gotten from you are at the top of my collection.

Parker
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

I've got 2 examples of his work, very nice knives.
I also have samples from some of of our other excellent knife craftsman, Muskrat Man, Glennbad, and Orvet.
They all amaze me with their craftsmanship.
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

I've acquired two different pieces of Jeff's work back in 2020
A beautiful Camillus 4 line easy open jack with smooth Ruby Red bone handles and this Imperial Scout knife, (72 pattern ) with Nectarine colored Aberdeen jigged bone handles
Love them both... ::ds::

Jeff does some excellent work ::tu::

Randy
Attachments
20220922_114033.jpg
20220922_114024.jpg
20220922_113655.jpg
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

That Camillus Easy Open is a great looking knife. Like it a lot
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:12 am Although I don't own a Jeffin mod Nick lots of members do, so I would think this thread will see plenty of action! Great idea bud, and beautiful knives you posted! 8)
Thanks Mark, you always have an encouraging word for everyone.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”