Do You Believe In Miracles? I do!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Do You Believe In Miracles? I do!

Post by philco »

Last month I purchased five Canal Street knives from Paladin here on AAPK. He promptly boxed them up and shipped them via USPS Priority Mail and sent me the tracking number. He mailed them on Aug. 22. The tracking showed them moving from Pflugerville, Tx. to Austin, Tx. then.............nothing Absolutely nothing from Aug. 22 until Sept. 22, one solid month. By then Ray and I had been in touch with one another numerous times and he had graciously offered to make me a full refund. I told him "Let's wait a little longer'".

Finally on Sept. 22, a full month later the package showed up in my mailbox. The package had obviously been immersed in water on one side, and that side was opened up allowing some of the packing materials to escape. Fortunately, thanks to Ray's excellent packing, the knives and their boxes remained inside unscathed. I've been on a nine day road trip and just got home last evening, and the knives were waiting for me when I returned. I was very pleased, and both Ray and I were greatly relieved.
Attachments
IMG_9766.JPG
IMG_9763.JPG
IMG_9764.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? I do!

Post by Reverand »

Wow, what a story!
What a testament to the integrity of both you men as well, in handling the situation as you both did.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

I'll try to remember this next time I have a package coming that is a few days or a week late. Doubtful, but inspirational story none the less. Glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad you got the knives, would love a peek too. ::pray:: ::ds::
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Wow! I woulda given up a long time ago. Never had a problem with USPS until this past June. Sent $100 to grandkids for their birthdays. Never arrived. Isn’t that a big coincidence that the first time I ever sent cash, it didn’t make it!?!!?!! Glad you got them, Phil! I’m sure that was a big relief!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Wow! I've seen a few of those round the world type voyages, don't know why that happens.

Glad you received them!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Glad to read this worked out, Phil. That box looks terrible, glad the sweet C.S.'s were unharmed. ::nod::👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Looks like that package passed thru Ukraine on its way to you.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
just bob

Post by just bob »

I've been waiting about 10 days for a check from an AAPK member that was also sent from TX. I'm wondering if the same type of thing might have happened. Maybe there was a truck load of mail involved in a crash or had some damage and a rainstorm seeped through the cracks.? No doubt they would sort the priority mail first. Envelopes may be unreadable? We'll see, I feel certain the check was sent.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm glad your package finally arrived Phil, I've had a number of very similar incidents, but happily 98% of them showed up! I seriously doubt we will ever see the past level of Customer Service from the USPS we had all become accustomed to ever again in our lifetimes, and it's a shame. 8)
8)
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

Last year I bought a custom muzzleloading rifle from a guy in Oregon. I paid, he shipped, tracking number got stuck on day 5. No one could find the package ( 5 feet long!) After two months, he refunded my money. Two weeks later, long box shows up at my house. Box was beat all to heck but amazingly the rifle inside was perfect. So I called the guy, sent him another money order. Where was that box for two months?
Samb

Post by Samb »

Good question.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I understand that accidents can happen that delay package delivery sometimes. A fellow deacon in our church was a mail carrier until a vehicle accident that left packages and mail strewn all over the road, and left him with a serious brain injury, ended that career.
I can understand that something like will cause damaged or lost mail, etc.
But there are far too many lost, delayed, and damaged packages for them to have similar causes.
And if/when they do arrive, there are no apologies and no explanations.
I am not complaining about the local mail carriers, but about the US Postal system as a whole. There is too much bureaucracy and too little caring.
I wish I had answers, rather than complaints though.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “General Knife Discussion”