new to the forum

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TennesseeTrader37716

Re: new to the forum

Post by TennesseeTrader37716 »

Hey guys . I'm not just hopping in and then out. I have been pretty busy these last few years with family and relocating to Tennessee. I dislike electronics I'm not anti internet , I just have a few other hobbies that take up more of my time. I'm going to have a hard time replying to all the posts. Thank you all for the warm welcome 🙏

TT
TennesseeTrader37716

Here are some photos I took a few weeks ago . Wondering about the rarity of the gold tone .
Attachments
20230315_110409.jpg
20230315_111131.jpg
20230315_111944.jpg
20230315_111357.jpg
20230315_111546.jpg
20230315_111908.jpg
20230315_113348.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

TennesseeTrader37716 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:41 pm Here are some photos I took a few weeks ago . Wondering about the rarity of the gold tone .
Very cool knives.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Howdy TennesseeTrader37716! Welcome to AAPK. ::tu::
I've been out of pocket just a tad and saw the concern from the AAPK crew hoping you would return to the forum. Glad you made it and I'll shake your hand in agreement over our dislike of electronics! ::handshake:: There are things on my wife's car that I still don't know about.
Your knives are probably referred to as Case's Gentleman's Line Pocket Knives. The darker toned one is a 1979 and the bright one, with the rabbit was made in 1971. Sporty lookin' knives!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TennesseeTrader37716

doglegg wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:45 pm
TennesseeTrader37716 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:41 pm Here are some photos I took a few weeks ago . Wondering about the rarity of the gold tone .
Very cool knives.
Thank you. I thought they were pretty sweet when I found them
TennesseeTrader37716

treefarmer wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:48 pm Howdy TennesseeTrader37716! Welcome to AAPK. ::tu::
I've been out of pocket just a tad and saw the concern from the AAPK crew hoping you would return to the forum. Glad you made it and I'll shake your hand in agreement over our dislike of electronics! ::handshake:: There are things on my wife's car that I still don't know about.
Your knives are probably referred to as Case's Gentleman's Line Pocket Knives. The darker toned one is a 1979 and the bright one, with the rabbit was made in 1971. Sporty lookin' knives!
Treefarmer

I'm young but became a techophobe thaks for the info on them , i was thinkingthey were 81 but 79 and 71 are great years .
TennesseeTrader37716

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:46 am Welcome to AAPK. Nice find! Who is the maker?

Ken
Case + Shaw Leibowitz

QTCut5 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:50 am Welcome ::welcome:: and thanks for jumping right in with a photo. Looks like Shaw Liebowitz designs (?)
Correct. Thank you for the welcome
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Good to see you made it back. I don’t have a clue about the rarity of the knives, but using the Search function here I was able to find a bunch of posts having information about Shaw-Liebowitz. If you’re interested here they are https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... mit=Search

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

TennesseeTrader37716 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:05 pm
treefarmer wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:48 pm Howdy TennesseeTrader37716! Welcome to AAPK. ::tu::
Treefarmer

I'm young but became a techophobe thaks for the info on them , i was thinkingthey were 81 but 79 and 71 are great years .
TennTrader, you are correct about the date on the knife with the rabbit, it is an '81. I enlarged the pictures and finally saw the Lightening S in the tang stamp indicating 1980-89. The other knife I believe is stamped with a regular S, with 1 dot would be 1979 and might fit into the Gentleman's Line.
Sorry I got that wrong. :oops: Amazing what we see by zooming up to 400%. :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

TNT!
I hope there's no hard feelings regarding our talk about folks who join and then leave quickly, cuz the comments weren't directed specifically at you just guys in general who do this, your temporary absence simply got the topic started again. This happens with various topics at differing times, so this was just the most recent.
No one expects you to spend a certain amount of time participating, that is strictly up to each individual, and because folks have other hobbies to occupy their time it stands to reason that everyone will spend time here on their own schedule.
We're glad to see you again and remember, the biggest thing to take away from all this is, HAVE A GOOD TIME AND ENJOY YOURSELF!!!
8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Glad you're back, TT, very sweet Case knives.😎👍

I'm back too. ::paranoid:: 🤭
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Were you missing somewhere, John, or are you being a comedian? ::shrug::
8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:46 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:48 am ::cb:: Hey what ever happened to Tennessee Trader? ::paranoid::
If you can't keep-up, Dog, go and stand at the back of the room!
8)
::doh:: .... ::facepalm::
Attachments
dunce.png
dunce.png (36.69 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:07 pm
Madmarco wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:46 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:48 am ::cb:: Hey what ever happened to Tennessee Trader? ::paranoid::
If you can't keep-up, Dog, go and stand at the back of the room!
8)
::doh:: .... ::facepalm::
That's right!
Now do you want that happening to you?
No, well shape up then and sound out the words you have trouble with!
Some people's Dogs, I'm tellin' ya!
8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:03 pm Glad you're back, TT, very sweet Case knives.😎👍

::skeptic:: Hey... ::paranoid:: what ever happened to red-rider? ::paranoid:: I didn't even notice he was gone... ::paranoid:: ::hmm:: Maybe... he went "Back to the future"? ::uc:: ... ::paranoid:: ... ::oh_my:: I KNEW there were some kind of Time Travel/Warped Space time shenanigans going on in the AAPK multi-verse!!! ::hmm:: The Truth Is Out There! ::paranoid::
Attachments
DSCF0843.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 pm
1967redrider wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:03 pm Glad you're back, TT, very sweet Case knives.😎👍

::skeptic:: Hey... ::paranoid:: what ever happened to red-rider? ::paranoid:: I didn't even notice he was gone... ::paranoid:: ::hmm:: Maybe... he went "Back to the future"? ::uc:: ... ::paranoid:: ... ::oh_my:: I KNEW there were some kind of Time Travel/Warped Space time shenanigans going on in the AAPK multi-verse!!! ::hmm:: The Truth Is Out There! ::paranoid::
I wish he go back and follow me around and let me know where I set down my second set of keys to my truck that’s been lost since last July
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

You guys are hilarious! ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

In all seriousness though, I found this in Price & Zalesky's book, 15th Edition.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230323-213412.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

JamieinWV wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:24 pm I wish he go back and follow me around and let me know where I set down my second set of keys to my truck that’s been lost since last July
::rotflol:: ::clapping::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JamieinWV wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:24 pm

I wish he go back and follow me around and let me know where I set down my second set of keys to my truck that’s been lost since last July
Perhaps you should check on top of the front tire, buddy! ::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol::
8)
8)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:21 am
JamieinWV wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:24 pm

Perhaps you should check on top of the front tire, buddy! ::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol::
8)
I checked everywhere…even sober
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Went right over your head, buddy! ::stir::
Think about it, ::hmm:: what are the chances of your keys being on top of the front tire, a popular temporary hiding place for car keys, 9 months later, sober or not!!! ::dang::
Don't sweat it, pal, you probably haven't had your whiskey yet today! ::idea::
8)
8)
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

Welcome! ::ds::
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Now I think I recognize Tennessee Trader... ::hmm:: As I recall he has some ex-wives in Texas... ::paranoid::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:46 pm Now I think I recognize Tennessee Trader... ::hmm:: As I recall he has some ex-wives in Texas... ::paranoid::
::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol::
You got it, Dog, that's him!
8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:29 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:46 pm Now I think I recognize Tennessee Trader... ::hmm:: As I recall he has some ex-wives in Texas... ::paranoid::
::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol::
You got it, Dog, that's him!
8)
:wink: I new there had to be a reason why he was now "hanging his hat in Tennessee" ... so to speak... 8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”