ebay fakers

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
flynbulldog

ebay fakers

Post by flynbulldog »

Wondering if there is a consensus about known ebay sellers. Who sells made-up knives or fakes and who have you found that is 100% legit.
I have had to return a couple of knives, one that was advertised as bone but ended up being delrin - I suppose that could be an honest mistake. But I did buy one Schatt & Morgan that was a blatant fake (it was made from parts and re-etched, would you call that a forgery?) That seller was edge1020, I returned the knife and I did get a full refund.

I've been buying a bunch of knives from a particular seller that has the types and patterns that I collect and all of them have been really beautiful and near perfect. - I really don't see any evidence that they aren't genuine but I thought it might be good to see if there are some known sellers to stay clear of.

If you don't feel comfortable posting names to the forum send me a PM. I'll share privately with anybody who asks. thanks
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: ebay fakers

Post by Mumbleypeg »

The main purpose of the Counterfeit Watch forum viewforum.php?f=17 is discussing knives that are fake. A result of that often includes or results in the discussion of sellers who frequently offer them for sale. Reading the posts in that forum will result in knowing some of the sellers to avoid, or at least be skeptical when viewing their wares.

Regarding good reliable sellers I for one see no reason not to give others a recommendation. We would benefit from the information. JMO. Also there is a list of ebay sellers who are AAPK members here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32752&p=1068258&hi ... t#p1068258

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
flynbulldog

Re: ebay fakers

Post by flynbulldog »

Thanks Ken. based on the recent posts in that watch thread I know at least one ebayer to stay away from...

Return to “General Knife Discussion”