Joining Up

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
jhmenges

Joining Up

Post by jhmenges »

Hey All,
New to your website and group and not a social media person, but... this feels like a good exception and a great connection.
Roots are in Pittsburgh, PA. Family was in hardware business for three generations before me in that area. I can remember my dad taking me to the store (wholesale only) when I was quite young and I would gaze longingly at what I thought were multi-blade knives in a display case. Turns out they were sets of feeler guages, which explanation didn't make any sense to me.
I spent my summers at my grandparents cottage on Lake Erie. I remember two summers in a row, when I arrived, walking through the rocks and driftwood on the beach and finding a fixed blade knive stuck in a log. Must have been left behind by a fisherman. Wish I had them now - probably Remingtons with stacked leather handles. Oh well.
One summer I bought a huge Army surplus bayonet thinking I could throw it and kill rabbits. Pretty silly! I tried it a few times and it would bounce along the ground in their general direction giving them ample warning and plenty of time to run off. Seems to me now they had a peculiar laugh as they ran away.
Moved to central-Florida, east coast when I was 13 years old. Exciting for a kid enthused about reptiles, amphibians and the outdoors in general. And knives, which seemed hard to come by.
Interest in knives has been there a long, long time. I had some. I have some. I expect to have more. Wish I had all those that I let go. Another Oh well.
In the late 70's and early 80's I was a buyer for a retail dealer north of Seattle. We included Case brand knives in the inventory. Wonderful! I loved the visits from the factory rep. I also loved that I could ask him for something out of production and he could find it for me. A happy experience!
So - knives come and knives go. As do firearms. But security, personal security, seems to be based on how I live my life, how I help others along the way, and how I take care of my family. Hope it's the same for all of you!
Peace! And stay sharp!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Joining Up

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome aboard from the Commonwealth of Kentucky!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Never heard of it.

Edit: I posted this in the wrong thread, please disregard.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
jhmenges

Post by jhmenges »

Thanx for the welcome.
Anywhere I can get instructions for adding photos to forum texts? I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Tips welcome!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to be.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

Go to the Knife Forum page and click on "AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods". There's all kinds of helpful hints and how to's there. Explore. you can't break the forum.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Welcome, having access to Case knives would have been Nirvana for a knife lover, must have been great times. Enjoy your time here. ::tu:: ::handshake::
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

A big WELCOME to AAPK from the Badger state . Like your intro,very well said and a little humor. ::tu::
Hope you can get the pics figured out. Haven’t been here long myself and still have to ask questions and folks here are pretty good with putting up with our new bee stuff . So if inclined get involved,show off some of your stuff or whatever trips your trigger.
JP
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Hey, hey! Welcome aboard!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Welcome to AAPK. ::welcome::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Member Introductions”