Getting to know you

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
calico jack

Getting to know you

Post by calico jack »

I'va been a member for about 4-months, but never intro'd myself. I've been collecting for only a short time, but have been a dealer for about 4-yrs. Until recently, I operated a small indy cutlery shop. I knew almost nothing at first about knives. Between customers and research, I learned a great deal, but I never knew the thrill of finding a treasure in the trash until I started talking to you guys. Thanks for letting me in and letting me stick my "$0.02" in once in a while. I look foreward to a long relationship within this community.
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

Welcome!!

Good to have you here.
Maybe you can tell us some stories about running a shop ? Bet you have a few.

Bill
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Yes, Welcome!!!

Bill, you just reminded me of something that happened to me. (it's not that good of a story... It is on topic this time though... :D ).

When I was in high school I worked part time at an archery shop. I worked late on fridays... til like 9:30 or so. The place was usually dead, but we stayed open on fridays to get things cleaned up. I was the only one there, and I was in charge of giving the shop a good once over. It was kind of nice because before I got started, things were always slow and it gave me a chance to practice up. (I was a pretty good shot if I do say so myself :lol: )

Anyways... we had a display of knives for sale. For some reason or other, we carried mostly Cold Steel knives. Lots of bigger sized fixed blades. One night some crazy drunk guy came in around 9:00 or after. He was kinda big, and I was around 170 at the time. He was after a knife and he was also realy ticked off. I was thinking. (Big guy / drunk / after a knife / really ticked off) ... very bad combination for me to deal with. The knives were on the counter in a display, and there I sat straight accross from him with my hands on one half of the glass display, and his hands on the other half. We had about a 15 minute discussion. By the end of it he was really p'd off at me, but he left without a knife; (thank god). I was quite relieved when he left. It turned out, he wanted to kill his buddy. He told me that during our conversation. I doubt he would have done it if he did end up with a knife, but one never knows. He definitely took it one step further than most people would have.

Bryan
El Lobo
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by El Lobo »

:shock: :shock:

You should have told that story for the "Screamathon" before Halloween!!

You are a fortunate guy...a very tough spot to be in at any age.

Bill

Return to “Member Introductions”