Hello out there !!!

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
sunburst

Hello out there !!!

Post by sunburst »

I just wanted to say hello and thanks for having this site, it's great. I live in central Florida where I grow Citrus for a living.

Living in rural Florida (yes there are parts of Florida that do say Ya'll and No Mam and Yes Sir still) I have always had a knife in my pocket. Matter of fact all through school we always had knives and sometimes the teacher may even ask to borrow it for a second or two, and that was not too long ago. Anyhow I have always admired those who had the opportunity to collect nice knives even if it was just a handful. The beauty and enjoyment of the craftsmanship has always made me want to get into collecting.

So here I am, just really getting my feet wet in the idea of collecting knives for mostly enjoyment and not just cutting a hog or testing fruit with one. At the moment I am leaning my resources in the direction of Bulldog, Fight'N Rooster and Case.

Thank you for all your help, I am sure I will be asking lot's of questions. And how best to explain to my wife; yes dear that little thing cost that much...

Sunburst
“The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways”
calico jack

Post by calico jack »

Welcome aboard,
I spent a little time in FLA(Jacksonville & Orlando) when I was in the Navy. Beautiful state, friendly people, great fruit! As for the wife, I told mine it was blades or whiskey. She hasn't asked me about price since. Again, welcome to the forum. I'm looking foreward to hearing more from you.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Hey sunburst!

Nice to meet you. You'll love the people here.
A Scripto Vu-Lighter Collector
Come by and visit
Hawke's Trading Post
Hawke's Boker Notes
TKC

Post by TKC »

Hey, it is GREAT to meet you!!! Welcome!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
JOE62

Post by JOE62 »

Welcome! This is a great place to learn and talk pocket knives.
The best thing to do is to tell your wife the truth, they're investments. Plus when she sees some of them I'm sure she'll get hooked too. This is a very addictive hobby! :D

Return to “Member Introductions”