Greetings...

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
mattsz

Greetings...

Post by mattsz »

Hi everyone -

My name is Matt, and I'm not a knife collector, but my father died recently and I ended up with a couple of his knives, which I know basically nothing about. I'll be posting about them in hopes of learning more about them...

Thanks!
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Greetings...

Post by bestgear »

::welcome:: Matt, sorry to hear about losing your dad but hopefully his knives will keep some fond memories alive. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and reading some stories about his/your knives.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
mattsz

Post by mattsz »

bestgear wrote:::welcome:: Matt, sorry to hear about losing your dad but hopefully his knives will keep some fond memories alive. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and reading some stories about his/your knives.
Thank you bestgear! Here's a start: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=54599
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK Matt. You've found the right place to get help. Post some clear pictures of the knives (be sure all stamps and markings are clearly visible and in focus). Lots of knowledgeable members here to help you.

Sorry for your loss. A keepsake like a pocket knife is a great way to remember your dad.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
mattsz

Post by mattsz »

Thank you Ken!

See above for a link to my first post...
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Hi Matt: ::welcome::

Glad to meet you. I also am sorry to hear about the passing of your Father. I hope you keep his knives and hold on to them. You might not be interested in knives right now, but that doesn't mean you couldn't be in the future. And if somehow, after gaining all this new information from the guys here, you do become interested, you'll be happy you kept those.

Make sure you keep checking back for answers to your questions, even days later. Some of us can't get to a computer right away but have every intention to answering your questions when they can.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
mattsz

Post by mattsz »

Thank you Mike! Those are some very kind welcomes. I'm looking forward to learning more about these knives from you guys...
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Sorry about being late on the welcoming committee. ::welcome:: to AAPK. Hope you find the info you're looking for and decide to stay with the forum!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
mattsz

Post by mattsz »

Thanks treefarmer, and all! I've got some family issues to attend, but I'll be back with some more photos and questions about a couple of the other knives in question...
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Welcome Matt. I'm sorry for the loss of your dad, but having a few of his knives is a wonderful way to keep a link to his memory. You might not be a knife collector, yet, but I suspect is you hang around here very long that might just change. Anyhow, glad to have you join us here at AAPK. ::welcome::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Member Introductions”