eh from Minn eee sota

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
1tnemec

eh from Minn eee sota

Post by 1tnemec »

First thing first
I am looking to buy broken missing parts knives. This way if that offends anyone they don’t have to the rest

::hmm::
Bought, traded, given away, broke, lost, cut/poked/stabbed myself self, and even sold 1 or 2 knives almost all my life. And yet never have a just tossed out a knife. (My ex did but that’s a different tale for a different fire) until there utterly useless. In the past my repairs was to not make it original but to think to make a different tool out of it. Broken tip? Reshape the tip. How bout instead turn the end into a scraper? Might not be your best tool...yet when able to turn into longer thinner curved blade. Small tight place where you need to get to. You don’t care if it chips or breaks...it was broke in the first place. I’m not a collector nor a reseller just a guy who likes knives.
So why am I here? My starting goal is to restore. Ain’t going to make money at it, not going to spend the time and energy. That makes it a full + time job. This is a hobby. I still want to fish when I want not when I can.
I do like when a knife has been used it looks used. Little as possible in cleaning. But I don’t like the brand new blade in a 56 model. And if one gives it a complete make over then ya get the shiny old look. So lately I have building a supply of broken knives and putting the back together. If I take a 53 blade and put it on a 54 frame or model #4 Exchange for a model #6 or even 53 blade from a model #4, put it on 54, model #6. Most wont care. Only the collector. Funny thing is the factory’s did the same thing. So the only difference is the factory has never been worked on. And if I had not taken the broken knife apart then it’s still worthless to the collector and everyone else.
Makes sense it my head (for some reason everything I agree with makes sense...in my head) enough rambling for now eh
Oops did want to mention I’ve seen couple knives here that the handles have been patched. WOW really Wow that’s what I’m talking about and I think his name is Dale don’t recall his handle. That spring clamp for the vise. That’s only a couple of things....and the just some of the great info I’ve seen here
Have a good day eh
“Remember we aren’t doing anything wrong and ya don’t need to tell your Mom everything...it’ll just cause needless worry” Fall of 81 Dad
The best thing about beating your head against a brick wall...is when you stop. “My Dad”daily when I was a kid lol
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: eh from Minn eee sota

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard. As I understand it, you just like to fool around with knives. :lol: BTW, Dales screen name is "orvet". One of the most famous (or infamous, depending on how you look at it) fellas on AAPK.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Welcome aboard!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Dave, welcome to AAPK! We like pictures of before and after transformations! ::tu::
::welcome:: ::handshake::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
1tnemec

Post by 1tnemec »

Eh
Thanx for the screen name. And always post both
After a few years most won’t be able to see it.
Also talk to one or two of ya briefly and said I’d post a pic or two when I posted here But the knife does match my introduction but the story explains why. So I decided to put it into the story thread
“Remember we aren’t doing anything wrong and ya don’t need to tell your Mom everything...it’ll just cause needless worry” Fall of 81 Dad
The best thing about beating your head against a brick wall...is when you stop. “My Dad”daily when I was a kid lol
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Welcome David!

Love your first tag line!!

I sell knife parts.....maybe I'll hit you up next time I get a batch. ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

We've got another Dave from Minnesota and he keeps telling us it's cold up there in that foreign land, is there any truth in that? Just kiddin', Sir. ::poke:: djknife13, the other Dave is a straight shooter and it's just hard to fathom temperatures below zero especially when you live in Florida. Hope you enjoy AAPK! ::handshake::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Welcome Mine e sota from Wi,this is a great forum as is AAPK as a whole ,very giving,share and experienced people, maybe when this Virus thing is over some of us up here in the frozen tundra can hookup at a show ! My wife and I live a hr. Or so from Mpls,St. Paul area in Wi. Have been a member for a month and have learned much and hoping to meet some members in person,Welcome
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome To AAPK Blue.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

Detroit area says "whats up"?
Nice to have you on board!
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: to AAPK, hope you enjoy posting with and learning from us knife nuts. Hopefully you can teach us some tricks too. By the way, we LOVE pictures.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Member Introductions”