Hello!

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Rich53

Hello!

Post by Rich53 »

New member here. Looking forward to meeting people and getting more informed on the subject of knives.

I'm primarily a gun guy, but with the ammo shortage and most ranges closed due to covid, I've taken a new interest in knives. It's opened up a new world for me. :D
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hello!

Post by doglegg »

Welcome, glad to have you on board. There is a wealth of knife knowledge here and for the most part congenial conversation. Share some pictures of what you have. We all like pics. Hope you find this place as rewarding as I have. And yes, you don't have to buy ammo for knives. ::nod:: ::handshake::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Howdy Rich53, ::welcome:: to AAPK!
If you like guns you ought to fit right in, there are several folks on the forum who like both guns and knives.
Most folks I know who like guns also like knives, they do go together.
If you look down near the end of the list of topics on the forum, under the heading, "General Off Topic Discussion" then scroll down you'll find "Guns & Gun Related Stuff". In that same area is an "Outdoorsman Thread" that will mention firearms from time to time.
Enjoy the forum. ::handshake::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Rich53 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:23 pm New member here. Looking forward to meeting people and getting more informed on the subject of knives.

I'm primarily a gun guy, but with the ammo shortage and most ranges closed due to covid, I've taken a new interest in knives. It's opened up a new world for me. :D
Welcome! I'm a gun guy myself, what part of the country to you call home?
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

ken98k wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:57 pm
Rich53 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:23 pm New member here. Looking forward to meeting people and getting more informed on the subject of knives.

Welcome! I'm a gun guy myself, what part of the country to you call home?
Washington State
jwwood

Post by jwwood »

Welcome to AAPK ::welcome:: Do you have any knives already? Visit the AAPK Member's stores. A lot of great stuff!!
jwwood
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

::welcome::
Roger
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Rich 53 , welcome, always good to have another member. Hope you enjoy ,as said great place . Have been here less than a year, and the knowledge here is truly a world of info. Many good knifers, hope to see you around!
Take care out there and stay warm and safe. ::tu::
JP
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Welcome to aapk Rich53. ::handshake::

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Welcome, Rich!! ::handshake::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::welcome:: to AAPK Rich! ::handshake:: As everyone has stated, lots of great guys with a wealth of knowledge frequent here, so sit back, read some posts, and show us your knives! Mark! 8)
8)
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Welcome Rich. There are several here like myself who have collected and enjoyed the shooting sports for many years. Also, like others have said, also collecting knives both fixed blade and folders. Be sure to check all sections, and also in the research section. Don't forget the search section also, there have been many threads started for many questions or history or just to show off the latest addition to a collection. A wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum, along with some of the best people around. Never feel timid about asking a question. And we love photos. ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Rich53 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:54 pm Thank you all for the warm welcome!
You will be made to feel most welcome here. And as stated in previous posts, there are a lot of gun/hunters on AAPK. Most people who are hunters are also knife users it just goes with the territory. Make sure you post photos of your guns and knives, we all like seeing what other members have in their collections. ::tu:: ::handshake::
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Welcome Rich. ::welcome::

There's a lot of "older, wiser" people here. A treasure trove of information and knowledge without the attitude. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Welcome. 👍
John ✌️
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

::welcome:: to AAPK. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

Again, thank you all for the warm welcomes!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome aboard. Grab a rack, stow your gear and get to posting. BTW, we love pictures.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Welcome Rich53!

Show us some pics of your knives. Would love to see them. More than half the joy of
knives is showing what you got so we can all talk. Especially with this COVID thing.
A sane distraction.

Bob
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

I'm in the same boat with public shooting ranges being closed. I've taken up slingshots to keep me punching paper & it's something to do indoors to quell the lockdown boredom these days ... there's a whole world of high tech flat band slingshots out there that I've discovered (these are not your old fashioned wrist rockets we had as kids) - with 3/8" steel ammo, there's no drop at 10 yards - fly much faster & hit harder than you'd think .. and you can do it indoors quietly with a catch box (plus they're cheap - neither of these slingshots cost more than $30). Here's what I'm talking about if anybody's interested ...
unnamed.jpg
ss2.jpg

Slingshots aside, knives are good too ::tu:: - welcome
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
desmobob

Post by desmobob »

Welcome Rich! I think you'll be impressed with how much of a friendly and polite place this is, besides the impressive collective knowledge. I'm in the woods in upstate NY but have a sister in the woods outside of Bremerton in your state.
Bob

Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."
~Rudyard Kipling
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome Rich! Sharp knives and the smell of burnt gun powder go hand in hand! Remember, we love pics! Both guns and knives!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Lansky1 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:15 pm I'm in the same boat with public shooting ranges being closed. I've taken up slingshots to keep me punching paper & it's something to do indoors to quell the lockdown boredom these days ... there's a whole world of high tech flat band slingshots out there that I've discovered (these are not your old fashioned wrist rockets we had as kids) - with 3/8" steel ammo, there's no drop at 10 yards - fly much faster & hit harder than you'd think .. and you can do it indoors quietly with a catch box (plus they're cheap - neither of these slingshots cost more than $30). Here's what I'm talking about if anybody's interested ...

unnamed.jpg

ss2.jpg

Slingshots aside, knives are good too ::tu:: - welcome
My middle boy is a slingshot nut. He’s been making and selling those flat and sling shots for a while now. You’re right. When it comes to power and accuracy they’re nothing like the old inner tube band sling shots we had as kids.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

::welcome::

Paul

Return to “Member Introductions”