Hello!

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Lansky1

Re: Hello!

Post by Lansky1 »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:33 pm
Lansky1 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:15 pm I'm in the same boat with public shooting ranges being closed. I've taken up slingshots to keep me punching paper & it's something to do indoors to quell the lockdown boredom these days ... there's a whole world of high tech flat band slingshots out there that I've discovered (these are not your old fashioned wrist rockets we had as kids) - with 3/8" steel ammo, there's no drop at 10 yards - fly much faster & hit harder than you'd think .. and you can do it indoors quietly with a catch box (plus they're cheap - neither of these slingshots cost more than $30). Here's what I'm talking about if anybody's interested ...

unnamed.jpg

ss2.jpg

Slingshots aside, knives are good too ::tu:: - welcome
My middle boy is a slingshot nut. He’s been making and selling those flat and sling shots for a while now. You’re right. When it comes to power and accuracy they’re nothing like the old inner tube band sling shots we had as kids.
Wow nice ! That is the neat part about slingshots - if a person is creative, they can make their own really amazing SS's.
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
desmobob

Post by desmobob »

Lansky1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:21 am Hey Bob - for elastics, check out ---> https://simple-shot.com/diy/bulk-elastics/
Thanks!
Bob

Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."
~Rudyard Kipling
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

desmobob wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:18 pm
Lansky1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:21 am Hey Bob - for elastics, check out ---> https://simple-shot.com/diy/bulk-elastics/
Thanks!
And a quick Google about slingshots here in New Jersey...

Under New Jersey state law, manufacturing, transporting or possessing a slingshot without "an explainable, lawful purpose" is a fourth degree crime which is punishable by up to 18 months in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
wv trapper

Post by wv trapper »

Welcome Rich53 from WV, I can't think of a better place to be.
"Mountaineers are Always Free"

Return to “Member Introductions”