Hello from Iowa

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Hello from Iowa

Post by Boji »

Been lurking around here for several months and decided it was time to join as I'll be having some questions to post. And I want to thank you all for the information I have already found.

A little background:
My late husband was a lifetime member of the NKCA and attended many of the Cincinnati shows. He was also a member of the Northstar Blade Collectors Club in Minnesota and the Hawkeye Knife Collectors Club here is Iowa. He had literally thousands of pocket knives that I have been gradually liquidating.
Now I'm down to his personal collection of whittlers and modern high dollar custom knives.

I seem to have caught a bit of the knife bug myself, have purchased a few autos. With my Iowa Conceal Carry permit I can legally carry one in my purse.

Looking forward to interacting with the members here.
Thank you!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hello from Iowa

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Hello and welcome to AAPK from the East River area of South Dakota. ::welcome:: ::welcome::
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Boji wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:06 pm Been lurking around here for several months and decided it was time to join as I'll be having some questions to post. And I want to thank you all for the information I have already found.

A little background:
My late husband was a lifetime member of the NKCA and attended many of the Cincinnati shows. He was also a member of the Northstar Blade Collectors Club in Minnesota and the Hawkeye Knife Collectors Club here is Iowa. He had literally thousands of pocket knives that I have been gradually liquidating.
Now I'm down to his personal collection of whittlers and modern high dollar custom knives.

I seem to have caught a bit of the knife bug myself, have purchased a few autos. With my Iowa Conceal Carry permit I can legally carry one in my purse.

Looking forward to interacting with the members here.
Thank you!
Welcome , glad to have you aboard ::handshake::
Sounds like you’ll fit right in . There’s members here from those knife clubs who may have known your husband . You mentioned Whittler, that a gal , right up our alley . My Wife ,doesn’t collect , but carries a short line 72 Camillus in here purse, she likes the Carpenters Whittler . Be careful with that knife bug , there’s no vaccine for that bug , after all these years of collecting many of us are still infected.
Any ? S just ask around , for the most part it’s a pretty good bunch here , and knowledgeable,willing to share type folks .
Hope you stick around, show us some of them Whittler and Autos ::tu::
JP
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Welcome aboard Boji. Glad to have you with us. Sounds as though you have had great exposure to knives. It will be much appreciated if you sometimes post photos of your collection. Very much appreciate you joining us.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Membership here may get expensive! I just went "window shopping" thru the Autos For Sale.

This is the premier auto that I have kept from husbands custom knives.
Matthew Lerch, made in the late 1990's. Goldlip pearl, twisted ladder Damascus
IMG-4807.jpg
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Welcome! You and your husband obviously have good taste. Stick around!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome! Sorry about the loss of your husband, I’m sure he’d have fit right in here as well.

It looks like y’all had a wonderful collection and very good taste in knives. I can’t wait to see photos of the collection.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Here's a shot of some of the whittlers, most are congress
IMG-4808.jpg
Jacknifeben

Post by Jacknifeben »

I live in southeast Iowa and like Cattaraugus knives.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Boji, you are most welcome here. Thanks for sharing your pics. ::nod:: ::nod::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Your auto by Mr. Lerch is a show stopper. Simply gorgeous.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Welcome to AAPK. ::welcome::

You have some fine cutlery. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Welcome. I have been an active member of the NSBC for many years including years as club President, newsletter editor and handled the club knives for a number of years so I very likely had interaction with your husband. Most of our members have passed away and there is only a few of us still meeting. Hope to get to know you a little through AAPK. ____Dave
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

djknife13 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:44 pm Welcome. I have been an active member of the NSBC for many years including years as club President, newsletter editor and handled the club knives for a number of years so I very likely had interaction with your husband. Most of our members have passed away and there is only a few of us still meeting. Hope to get to know you a little through AAPK. ____Dave
Small world! He was a member from 1982 to 1993 for sure. I had the club knives from those years. Not sure how many of the meetings or shows he attended as he was an over-the-road truck driver until 1990. I did attend one show with him, either "90 or '91, at the hotel in Bloomington.
I'll send you a PM with name and more info.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK Boji. You’ll fit right in here, and welcome to ask away with any questions. Don’t hesitate to weigh in with any answers you can share as well.

That’s a nice selection of whittlers you showed too! ::drool:: Several of us here have the double affliction - knives in general and whittlers in particular. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::welcome:: to AAPK!
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Boji wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:43 pm Membership here may get expensive! I just went "window shopping" thru the Autos For Sale.

This is the premier auto that I have kept from husbands custom knives.
Matthew Lerch, made in the late 1990's. Goldlip pearl, twisted ladder Damascus

IMG-4807.jpg
::welcome:: to AAPK Boji! ::handshake:: My goodness, you certainly chose a show-stopper for your first picture, that knife is stunning! ::uc:: With the knowledge you've picked up from your hubby you're gonna fit right in here, and my sincere condolences for your loss. My brother passed at the beginning of the month, and it can be a very trying time, but with the help of new friends you'll find here you'll adjust to your new situation, at least that's what happened to me. I'm a fiend for autos and can NEVER see enough pictures, so please keep em' comin'! This is the knife in my avatar, and my all-time favorite auto! 11" custom lockback "Icepick" by Ruben "Chad" Blades, 5mm bayonet blade riding on roller-bearing washers, solid brass hardware, black composite covers, and 5mm 1-piece spring! An absolute beast! 8)
WIN_20210402_13_35_52_Pro.jpg
8)
TPK

Post by TPK »

Hello & Welcome! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!

Return to “Member Introductions”