Howdy from a newbie!

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
Double W knives

Howdy from a newbie!

Post by Double W knives »

Hello everyone, My name is Keith Williams and I just joined this site on August 27. I live in rural southwest Oklahoma where we still love God, the Bible, our freedom and our true President! My wife and I decided to leave corporate America a few years back and now we are totally self-employed...meaning that we work now more than we ever did for The Man but waaay so much more liberating lol! From some of the posts that I've read, y'all are some very knowledgeable and friendly folks. I think that not only will I learn a lot from reading your posts, I will be entertained as well (some of you are hilarious!).

Over the last couple of days, I've perused the website, kicked the tires a little, asked the Admins a few questions to get me on the right track and now I've even got some listings created under the name of Double W knives. If I do something I shouldn't or should do something I a'int, then y'all please feel free to whoop me back in shape, after all it takes a village...

I look forward to e-meeting a bunch of y'all! ::handshake::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Howdy from a newbie!

Post by djknife13 »

Welcome to the friendliest site om the internet. Join us in the morning for a cup at the First Cup Diner. I live in the North woods on Minnesota and there isn't a diner close enough for me to actually go to one, so I grab a cup and meet up with friends form all over to discuss the day ahead and hear what's actually happening all over the country and a few places outside . These guys have been great at helping me figure out what I have when I buy something weird and can't figure it out from my reference books or when I waste money on something I should have left on the table.____Dave
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Welcome Keith, You would fit right in here in Indiana. Glad you joined us. I look forward to interacting with you in the future.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Keith, glad you decided to join us, anything you want to know about knives, someone here will know, a lot of knowledge here. Looking forward to seeing your posts of knives, and learning from you. ::tu:: ::handshake::
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Hi Keith 👋 welcome aboard!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK Keith, from a neighbor in Texas. Glad to have you here. Recommend you do a couple of things if you haven’t already, just to get better acquainted with this wonderful forum. Go to the forum homepage https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/, and take a look at what all is available here, the different sub-forum topics, etc. While you’re there open the AAPK Tips & Tricks section and find the tutorial about how to post pictures, and a lot of other helpful info about how to do things here. You may have to scroll down to find the thread with instructions for your device software (Android, Apple, PC, etc). Poke around - you won’t break anything (at least I never have!) :lol:

Click on Quick links (upper left of this page) where you’ll find the Search capability, that lets you type in a keyword and find all the posts about it. Handy for researching knife brands, and all sorts of stuff.

Last but not least I think you’ll find the history of AAPK to be an interesting read. ::tu:: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... =2&t=58174

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Howdy Keith! Sup!
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Welcome to AAPK from east river South Dakota. ::welcome:: ::welcome:: Hope to see some pics of your knives soon.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Welcome aboard Keith. Sounds like you are getting around the forum okay. Have only been here a year or so and haven’t ran out of new or interesting things here,it’s a great forum . And agree some of the folks are hilarious here, and very knowledgeable and willing to help. Hope to see some pics and hear from you here on the forum . Take care ,maybe catch you in the morning at the diner,as Dave said,some of us stop in there once in awhile to just visit or, just catch up on the latest in your neck of the woods . Take care .
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Howdy Keith! ::welcome:: to AAPK from the Florida Panhandle aka LA (lower Alabama). ::handshake:: Hope you enjoy the forum. You’ll find there are lots of folks who share your values.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Double W knives

Thank you all for making me feel welcome!

Someone please point me to where I can find the First Cup Diner mentioned by djknife13 and ripster.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Double W knives wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:08 am Thank you all for making me feel welcome!

Someone please point me to where I can find the First Cup Diner mentioned by djknife13 and ripster.
Go up to the top of the home page on the left, you will see knife forum, click on that, then scroll down to you see General Off Topic Discussion, click that link, then scroll down to First Cup Diner, click that link. ::tu::
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

::welcome:: Keith
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
Double W knives

cudgee wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:50 am
Double W knives wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:08 am Thank you all for making me feel welcome!

Go up to the top of the home page on the left, you will see knife forum, click on that, then scroll down to you see General Off Topic Discussion, click that link, then scroll down to First Cup Diner, click that link. ::tu::
Thanks cudgee! I'm on my way to the Diner now.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Welcome Keith. I see you found your way to the First Cup Diner. I don't comment there too often but I read what's posted there every day. After all, someone has to keep an eye on that bunch. I hope you'll make yourself at home and that you'll enjoy AAPK as much as I do. ::handshake::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Lots of great knife information here, Keith, ::welcome:: to AAPK!

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Member Introductions”