Amateur Flea Market Vender, Aspiring Knife Dealer

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
hamiipb

Amateur Flea Market Vender, Aspiring Knife Dealer

Post by hamiipb »

Hello, im Nick from North Central Ohio. I currently have a permanent booth at a Flea Market here and I also travel to others on days I'm not there. Im just starting out and I love it. As a kid I had a knife "collection" it wasn't much and nothing good. Then I learned about Case Knives and feel in love, I needed them! Im 26 now and had only 3 in my collection. Im alway working on my booth and making improvements and I was lucky to get a large display counter for $30. At that moment I knew I had to start selling knives and so I got some. This isn't much but this is my knife display at my booth. I hope to expand into used knives as I learn more about them. Thank you all for any help and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on here.
Attachments
IMG_4198.jpg
Steve Warden

Re: Amateur Flea Market Vender, Aspiring Knife Dealer

Post by Steve Warden »

Hi Nick. Welcome aboard!
Some good lookers, there.
Best to you with your latest endeavors!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

hamiipb wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:01 pm Hello, im Nick from North Central Ohio. I currently have a permanent booth at a Flea Market here and I also travel to others on days I'm not there. Im just starting out and I love it. As a kid I had a knife "collection" it wasn't much and nothing good. Then I learned about Case Knives and feel in love, I needed them! Im 26 now and had only 3 in my collection. Im alway working on my booth and making improvements and I was lucky to get a large display counter for $30. At that moment I knew I had to start selling knives and so I got some. This isn't much but this is my knife display at my booth. I hope to expand into used knives as I learn more about them. Thank you all for any help and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on here.
Welcome aboard Nick from Ohio. ::handshake::
Great attitude and good start on your endeavor. Flea markets are slim up here ,but enjoy them when we can .
Would be careful with stickers on the boxes, some folks want boxes if they come with the knife. The stickers can do damage to the box if the wrong type of sticker . Have found it’s nice to have a good inventory ,at fair prices ,and build relationships with some customers.
Best of luck, have a great weekend out there.
JP
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good luck to you Nick. ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good luck to you Nick. ::handshake::
Samb

Post by Samb »

Hope it works out for you and welcome to the forum.
robpa

Post by robpa »

Its a fun kinda thing. Have you been to the BIG Rogers market? Its on fridays and big. Some guys do nicely there with knives.Down off rt 7 , about 30 miles south of Canfield.
hamiipb

Post by hamiipb »

robpa wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:28 pm Its a fun kinda thing. Have you been to the BIG Rogers market? Its on fridays and big. Some guys do nicely there with knives.Down off rt 7 , about 30 miles south of Canfield.
Ive been there once on Labor Day weekend and didn't do great but I think it was just too packed with vendors that people did pay much attention to everyone. Its 2 hours away from me but Im thinking of giving it another shot this summer.
hamiipb

Post by hamiipb »

Ripster wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:59 pm
hamiipb wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:01 pm Hello, im Nick from North Central Ohio. I currently have a permanent booth at a Flea Market here and I also travel to others on days I'm not there. Im just starting out and I love it. As a kid I had a knife "collection" it wasn't much and nothing good. Then I learned about Case Knives and feel in love, I needed them! Im 26 now and had only 3 in my collection. Im alway working on my booth and making improvements and I was lucky to get a large display counter for $30. At that moment I knew I had to start selling knives and so I got some. This isn't much but this is my knife display at my booth. I hope to expand into used knives as I learn more about them. Thank you all for any help and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge on here.
Welcome aboard Nick from Ohio. ::handshake::
Great attitude and good start on your endeavor. Flea markets are slim up here ,but enjoy them when we can .
Would be careful with stickers on the boxes, some folks want boxes if they come with the knife. The stickers can do damage to the box if the wrong type of sticker . Have found it’s nice to have a good inventory ,at fair prices ,and build relationships with some customers.
Best of luck, have a great weekend out there.
Thank you, I want to get enough knife stands so I can display the price on that.
Kramersknife

Post by Kramersknife »

My advise is everyone can afford to spend $5 or $10 dollars on a knife, a few over 20 but not too many wanting to spend 100.00 or more very often.I have been in the retail game since 1994 as my full time business (mostly hobby stuff now) I used to sell at flea markets and sold a lot of cheap Mtech and stuff from BudK
Made about 2-3 dollars average on one under 10.00 .I didn't do swords ever Ever EVER...waist of shipping $$ cost to you. I carried a few good ones and military old stuff but people camping near our flea markets so cheaper sold best . Whittlers and a few camp styles & throwing knives and axes.. Know your market ( I sold a lot of those green biohazzard zombie knives & Punisher symbol ones around here) Everyone loves survival stuff & knives with hollow handles for hooks and matches. Don't forget some pink camo ones for the girls, don't overprice and don't sell to kids! Good luck

Return to “Member Introductions”