Hello from Green Bay Packer country,

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
gordonjohn

Hello from Green Bay Packer country,

Post by gordonjohn »

HI may name is Gordon and I live about 36 miles west of Green Bay WI. I have been interested in knives from around age 8 or 9, 70 years ago and have had one in my pocket ever since. I am not that educated about knives as most of the gays and gals on AAPK but I am learning. I like the older slip joint folders with bone handles, no matter who made them. As for myself I have been married for 61 years and my wife and I are still going strong she says she will keep me around for another 61 years then we will renegotiate to see if she wants to keep me or trade in for younger model. ::groove::
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hello from Green Bay Packer country,

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Welcome to AAPK from the East River area of South Dakota. ::welcome:: ::welcome:: My wife is a Cheese Head, but as for me, Chiefs, Chiefs, Chiefs!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

Thanks olde cutler go pak go , go chiefs ::handshake::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Nice to meet you, ::welcome:: to AAPK! Lots of great knife info here.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Welcome from across the border in Minnesota. You have a couple years on me. My wife and I have been married for almost 54 years. I've collected stuff all my life but knives for only 25 or 30 years. When I get old I plan on selling some.____Dave
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

djknife13 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:43 pm Welcome from across the border in Minnesota. You have a couple years on me. My wife and I have been married for almost 54 years. I've collected stuff all my life but knives for only 25 or 30 years. When I get old I plan on selling some.____Dave
Yes I still dont know what I want to be when I grow up , cowboy or fireman? ::shrug:: ::shrug:: so dont get old ::ds::
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:14 pm Nice to meet you, ::welcome:: to AAPK! Lots of great knife info here.
Thanks redrider I enjoy this site alot ::nod::
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Welcome aboard from the Wolverine State!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:22 pm Welcome aboard from the Wolverine State!
Thanks Dan , I will see you around the site. ::tu::
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

gordonjohn wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:09 pm HI may name is Gordon and I live about 36 miles west of Green Bay WI. I have been interested in knives from around age 8 or 9, 70 years ago and have had one in my pocket ever since. I am not that educated about knives as most of the gays and gals on AAPK but I am learning. I like the older slip joint folders with bone handles, no matter who made them. As for myself I have been married for 61 years and my wife and I are still going strong she says she will keep me around for another 61 years then we will renegotiate to see if she wants to keep me or trade in for younger model. ::groove::
Howdy I live in N E W area, maybe chat about knives someplace near G B area in person maybe next month if it warms up from the winter we are still having LOL
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

gordonjohn wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:09 pm HI may name is Gordon and I live about 36 miles west of Green Bay WI. I have been interested in knives from around age 8 or 9, 70 years ago and have had one in my pocket ever since. I am not that educated about knives as most of the gays and gals on AAPK but I am learning. I like the older slip joint folders with bone handles, no matter who made them. As for myself I have been married for 61 years and my wife and I are still going strong she says she will keep me around for another 61 years then we will renegotiate to see if she wants to keep me or trade in for younger model. ::groove::
Hey Gordon nice having another Fella from the Badger state here on the forum . Welcome ::handshake::
If I remember correctly you’re into old Winchester or Remington knives ? Have a Aunt over by Sheboygan area that need to get over to see, when ,if that happens will get ahold of you and maybe we can visit over a coffee or something? Hopefully the weather will warm up around this part of the woods and we can all get out and about .
Take care over there .
JP

Return to “Member Introductions”