Hello from Upstate NY

Drop in and tell us a little about yourself.
CMC

Hello from Upstate NY

Post by CMC »

Hello all.. I have been collecting since I was a kid, now almost 52 years old. I have a special interest in scout/camping style knives but collect just about anything. I especially like rescuing cheap, beat up vintage pocket knives and making them usable again. I'm from the Elmira/Corning area of upstate NY.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hello from Upstate NY

Post by QTCut5 »

::welcome:: CMC. I lived in Fairport (Rochester suburb) for 13 years back in late 1970s-early 1990s. Glad you found us and joined. Look forward to seeing photos of your knives. ::nod::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

QTCut5 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:49 am ::welcome:: CMC. I lived in Fairport (Rochester suburb) for 13 years back in late 1970s-early 1990s. Glad you found us and joined. Look forward to seeing photos of your knives. ::nod::
Too cool....me too, well, next county over, till 1982, originally from Palmyra, NY.

CMC wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:35 am Hello all.. I have been collecting since I was a kid, now almost 52 years old. I have a special interest in scout/camping style knives but collect just about anything. I especially like rescuing cheap, beat up vintage pocket knives and making them usable again. I'm from the Elmira/Corning area of upstate NY.
Welcome!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

CMC wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:35 am Hello all.. I have been collecting since I was a kid, now almost 52 years old. I have a special interest in scout/camping style knives but collect just about anything. I especially like rescuing cheap, beat up vintage pocket knives and making them usable again. I'm from the Elmira/Corning area of upstate NY.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: Welcome, looking forward to seeing you refurbs. Some excellent craftsman here. ::handshake::
bladebuddy

Post by bladebuddy »

Welcome to AAPK, I live in West Elmira since wife and father in law and I moved here last summer. Would like to meet up with and talk with anyone interested in knife collecting. Wonder how many more might be in the area that share our interests? We can also use this site for private messages between members. Lots of good people and knowledge here on AAPK. Several members are good knife mechanics and share your interest in repairing old knives. Glad you are here, Steve B.
Steve B.
Keep your edge sharp, otherwise you just can't cut it.

Looking for Carrier Cutlery and early Robeson with Elmira tang stamps.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Welcome. I love the same stuff you do about knives and collect them with the same philosophy. Looking forward to getting to know you.____Dave
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Welcome CMC. Nice to see someone who likes to repair old knives.
We could all learn some new tricks of the trade.

Feel free to bring up some new topics and comment on the posted ones.
We love clear pictures of what you are talking about.

Bob
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Lots of great knife info here, ::welcome:: to AAPK!
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Welcome CMC. ::welcome:: Glad you stopped by.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
CMC

Post by CMC »

Thank you Everyone for the welcome. I just picked up four more knives last weekend at an antique mall. I'll get some pictures up soon!
TPK

Post by TPK »

Hello CMC,

Welcome to the den! ::handshake:: Pull up a chair. ::super_happy:: We're glad you came! ::nod:: ::tu::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!

Return to “Member Introductions”