Constitutional Rights

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Constitutional Rights

Post by 1967redrider »

Chalk one up for the 2A! 🎉 🇺🇲

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... -rcna17721

Time to deal with the criminal, not the instrument used. A pen can be used as a deadly weapon, something to think about. 🤔
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
steve99f

Re: Constitutional Rights

Post by steve99f »

'bout time. ::tu::

It will be interesting to see what the grabbers will attempt to circumvent the ruling.

It's a start.
steve99f
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:34 pm Chalk one up for the 2A! 🎉 🇺🇲

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... -rcna17721

Time to deal with the criminal, not the instrument used. A pen can be used as a deadly weapon, something to think about. 🤔
And the libs are going batsh*t crazy!!
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Ya David ::super_happy:: love it
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

edge213 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 pm And the libs are going batsh*t crazy!!
They arrived at that destination a long time ago.

Put me firmly in the camp who's happy for this ruling!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

The Constitution is completely clear on this subject. You have to be a complete idiot to think this decision is wrong.
The only thing wrong with it is, is that it was up for discussion to begin with.
David
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

When voting for a president, the appointments to the Supreme Court may be the most important consideration.

Definitely a win!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Colonel26 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:48 am When voting for a president, the appointments to the Supreme Court may be the most important consideration.

Definitely a win!
Great point, Bro. Wade! We all remember the gal that can’t define woman, she’s the next Justice. ::facepalm::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Colonel26 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:48 am When voting for a president, the appointments to the Supreme Court may be the most important consideration.

Definitely a win!
So true. Even though President Trump didn't get everything done that he wanted he saved our country (at least temporarily) by getting 3 justices appointed.
David
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

My hope and prayer is that no opening on the court occurs before the next presidential election.
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

edge213 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:21 pm

Definitely a win!
So true. Even though President Trump didn't get everything done that he wanted he saved our country (at least temporarily) by getting 3 justices appointed.
^^ This ^^ ::tu:: ::tu::
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Get ready for another summer of "peaceful protests". ::facepalm::
Tim
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Quick Steel wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:30 pm My hope and prayer is that no opening on the court occurs before the next presidential election.
Amen
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Quick Steel wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:30 pm My hope and prayer is that no opening on the court occurs before the next presidential election.

It will be ok as long as they're replacements in kind. 😉

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Also get ready for the Night of Rage, after the Supreme Court verdict today on abortion. Drives me crazy the way Democrats portray conservatives as violent fanatics. Yet when they don’t get what they want they resort to violence often.
Great day for American’s!
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Agreed on both counts.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Isn't it just freakin' hilarious that the lunatic left wants to abort babies when IN the womb, but once they're out, it's "But what about the children?!?!" when it comes to guns like the school shootings? So...they're fair game IN the woman, but outside, it's FBI / DOJ security backed by "their" government!

These people couldn't find sense in sunlight with a map and floodlights. ::facepalm:: :roll:
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

It's a dangerous situation out there these days guys. People who are long time Democrats don't realize that the progressive wing of the party has hijacked the leadership. My sister is one of them. This progressive movement will destroy the United States of America if we don't stop it. Most people are so busy with their everyday lives that they don't recognize how insidious these George Soros backed Ideas have become. I'm hopeful that the shut downs of the recent pandemic have exposed the subterfuge that the left has been using to indoctrinate our children. We have the opportunity to nip it in the bud this November. I just hope that there are enough people left that value a nation of laws that reflect God's commandments
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Some political personalities are currently saying this will help with Democrats in November as the base will vote to keep conservatives and Trump backers out of the House and Senate.

BUT......

What they are forgetting is this will re-enforce the Republicans and conservatives even stronger now because we are seeing just how crazed, maniacal and insane the Dem and left really is!
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Just some random but sincere thoughts on open carry. First. I'm a war vet and owner. No brag, just fact, I'm well aware of what a bullet can do. I admit to carrying hot in the past when my music career took me into Baltimore where I had to park and load in and out from some gig in a rough area, even to the extent of walking with my hand on the trigger, never mind the consequences. Although I dreaded the possibility of a showdown I was mentally committed to do whatever it took to come out on top. The moment of truth was never negotiable. Very luckily the situation never arose.

I fully support the right of responsible citizens to protect their own.

Here's what keeps me awake at night as a father and grandfather. When all the background checks and registrations etc. are done and the weapons are loaded and holstered, what percentage of the armed citizens are still the cool and rational decision makers and responsible citizens that we all think we are? How many not so socially adjusted carriers are going to have "gun-guts" ? Some of us know that carrying a loaded weapon tends to make one have a composure to ignore and avoid petty situations that can escalate quickly and for no good reason. Again. in a group of a hundred armed individuals, how many are mature and how many are dangerous ? That genie won't go back in the bottle easily.

As an educator for 41 years, I have had the pleasure and misery of dealing with probably an estimated 7,500-8,000 individuals spanning the full range of brilliant to pitifully unintelligent, rational to out-of-control, pleasant to downright belligerent, you get it. The takeaway here is we're talking about a tremendous range of emotions and abilities, all potential carriers

I'm relatively confident that one competent, cool-headed, armed citizen probably could have prevented many of the mass shootings in our recent past. I probably would gladly have been one of the armed teachers they were proposing.
Knowing you could take a bullet for a rash act is certainly a deterrent for most of us. That's the up side. It's the unexplored down side that gives me pause.
I don't know the answer and I surely lean heavily towards citizens' rights. Having lived in two war zones, one military and the other my home town of Baltimore I know it's the untested "other guy" I'm concerned about.
Just trying to keep both feet on the ground. J.O'.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Interesting thoughts, J.O.
I'm sure this has to be personal preference but "carrying hot" is the only way to carry. If need arises, there ain't no "time outs" till we jack one in the chamber.
I'm with you 100%, keep both feet on the ground! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

I am so very proud that our governor in Georgia Brian Kemp passed our concealed carry with out a permit here recently. I'm always totin now and it will be a bad day for the bad guys if it happens in my vicinity.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

TreeF: I added the hot for emphasis. No good uncocked for sure. Even in the crazy 60's these were not issues like today!J.O'.
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

"Very luckily the situation never arose." that's the whole thing in a nutshell. it's :chef's kiss: level of on the nose. and that's from the only post that passes as even nominally thoughtful. the people i feel the least safe around are *precisely* the people commenting here. this thread is embarrassing
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

My thought on firearm ownership - if you don't think you can be a responsible firearm owner, don't buy any firearms. But don't tell others what they can and can't do just because you doubt yourself. My 2¢.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”