Random and interesting youtube videos

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
WillyCamaro

Re: Random and interesting youtube videos

Post by WillyCamaro »

We in the community are so sad, that hoonasaurous put a valve through her block. Every one wanted to see her run, make history with Ken again.
Next year...
:(
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

A most unusual bicycle mod (sorry, I was unable to post anything but the link...maybe someone smarter, with a better computer than I have will do it for me :oops: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX3A7GLtFqM
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Love this version of this song. It makes my blood pressure go down. Her voice is like honey, and her mandolin is spot on. And I like how she goes up on her tippy toes to hit the high notes. :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml22cp4 ... rt_radio=1[/youtube]
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Unk wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:25 am Love this version of this song. It makes my blood pressure go down. Her voice is like honey, and her mandolin is spot on. And I like how she goes up on her tippy toes to hit the high notes. :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml22cp4 ... rt_radio=1[/youtube]
Amazing
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Unk said --
"Love this version of this song. It makes my blood pressure go down. Her voice is like honey, and her mandolin is spot on. And I like how she goes up on her tippy toes to hit the high notes. :lol:"

Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

Excellent job! ( I like it better than NY's original version.) Great mando stuff. Thanks for posting. ::tu:: ::tu:: J.O'
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Thank you, Jerry, for fixing the link! Tell me your secret on how to fix that to show the thumbnail!
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

[quote=Unk post
Thank you, Jerry, for fixing the link! Tell me your secret on how to fix that to show the thumbnail!

It's not a secret. You quote the youtube video URL like normal but you need to delete everything that comes after an & (in green & red below).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml22cp4ojHg&list=RDml22cp4ojHg&start_radio=1
[/youtube]
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Thanks!
Mike

Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

I hope you all like this one, just listen......

Eustace

Post by Eustace »

The so-called Putin's Cook is recruiting prisoners for the war in Ukraine.
I can't believe this is happening in the 21st century.
Translation from Russian:

I am a representative of a private military company, you have probably heard, it is called PMC "Wagner".

War is hard. It doesn't even look a bit like the various Chechen or other wars there. Ammunition consumption for me is approximately two and a half times more than for Stalingrad.
The first sin is desertion. No one backs down, no one backs down, no one surrenders. When you start the training, about your actions when captured, you will be told about the two grenades that you should have with you.

The second sin is alcohol and drugs. In the combat zone, and during this half year while you are with us you will be in the combat zone all the time.
And the third sin is looting, including sexual intercourse with local women, flora, fauna, men or whatever.

The minimum age of those we take is 22 years. If they are younger, they need a letter from the closest relatives that they are not against it. The maximum age, conditionally, is 50 years, but if it is a question of a healthy candidate, even here during the interview we will conduct elementary tests, we will assess the physical form - it is extremely necessary, we look at how healthy you are and then we decide whether to hire you.
The first prisoners who fought with me started the war on June 1 during the storming of the Ugledar TPP, 40 people from Peter (St. Petersburg), prisoners of a strict regime, recidivists. 40 people broke into the enemy's trenches, slaughtered him with knives, we gave three casualties and 7 wounded, one of the dead was 52 years old with 30 years in prison. He died heroically.
We carefully treat those who are in prison under Article 228 of the Penal Code (illegal acquisition, storage, transportation, production, processing of narcotic substances, psychotropic substances or their analogues), exclusively guided by whether there was an addiction or not. If there are any questions we reserve the right while preparing to pick you up to conduct a lie detector test and check how resilient a person is. We are very careful with those who are in prison for sexual offenses from the NC, but we understand that mistakes also happen.
Who do we need? We desperately need stormtroopers. 60 percent of my guys are storm troopers and you'll be one of them. You will be no different from us. You will be treated the same, and sometimes more loyally even than such fighters who have fought with me for many years and have gone through dozens of wars. Fire support platoons and other units that provide the offensive - I have in the PMC aircraft, several types, I have MLRS, I have tanks, I have everything that is needed to advance effectively. Those who move in the front, who are the most daring, they survive better. And those who backslide and don't know what to do, they fall into turmoil and the result is clear.
After I tell you everything, you will be interviewed. I will be present for a little while, and then a few of my subordinates will remain, who will have a conversation with each of you over the course of 2-3 hours. They will look into your eyes, ask a few questions. Those who die - the bodies are sent to a place you specify in your wills, to your relatives or buried where you want. Usually the burials are in the alleys of the heroes in the cities where there are them, and for those who have not expressed a specific desire, we bury them near the "Wagner Bell Tower" in Goryachii Klyuch (a domed tower in a wooded area in the Krasnodar region near the training base of PMC "Wagner" in memory of the fallen fighters of the company).
Further on. After 6 months you return home after receiving a pardon. Those who want to stay with us - stay. So, there is no option to send you back to prison. And for those who decide in the early days that this is not where they wanted to end up, we mark "deserter" and then a shooting follows.

Do you guys have any questions? After the questions, everyone lines up for the interview. Time to make a decision – 5 minutes. When we leave - time ends. Further - how lucky you are. The question of trust guarantees is the following: Is there anyone who can get you out of here with a ten-year sentence? There are two who get you away. Allah and God, in wooden chests. I'm getting you out alive. But I don't always return you alive.

So what, guys, do you have any questions? Or so I told you things so that everything is clear. In that case, 5 minutes to think and let's start. While I'm here, decide.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Does anyone else like watching Chinese kung-fu movies with subtitles? I recently stumbled onto what I am calling "kung-fu soap operas". These are apparently very popular and take place during the typical time period of many kung-fu films - the pre-industrial dynastic periods. I found two complete playlists on youtube with English subtitles (not great subtitles, but good enough). The action is the typical modern kung-fu, where people can basically fly, and heroes can use their qi to do pretty much anything. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I find them more interesting & entertaining than yet another Game of Thrones sequel or FBI show. I like that they are not afraid to use stereotypes to make the players easy to recognize. All the Shaolin monks look like stereotypical monks. All the Southern Han dress & act a particular way and all the Northern Han dress & act a different way.

This one has 50 episodes that are 45 minutes each: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... PcnJaqJvAw

This one has 45 episodes, also 45 minutes each: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 9WBO2YA_Di
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

If you like woodworking or tools....and have 50 minutes to kill, watch this. If not, then you might want to skip it.

I have never seen anything like this shop. Just amazing.

Mike

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”