First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Boji »

OSCAR wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:43 pm strange feeling. Haven’t been sick in years. Woke up with sore throat, cough and me freezing. Thought it was perhaps a fever. Wrong. My temp was 91.2 F. Feeling a bit better now but still not great. Tea with honey and early sleep for me tonight.
-Oscar outta here
I’ve been fighting some bug too. Constantly cold, wake up in the night shivering. And stuffed up head. Just general yuck.
Put some bourbon in that hot tea!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Boji wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:51 am
OSCAR wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:43 pm strange feeling. Haven’t been sick in years. Woke up with sore throat, cough and me freezing. Thought it was perhaps a fever. Wrong. My temp was 91.2 F. Feeling a bit better now but still not great. Tea with honey and early sleep for me tonight.
-Oscar outta here
I’ve been fighting some bug too. Constantly cold, wake up in the night shivering. And stuffed up head. Just general yuck.
Put some bourbon in that hot tea!
Boji: Sounds like it may be the same thing. No congestion here but freezing cold constantly even though house is at 70 degrees. Awful sore throat. Great minds think alike. HOT tea, with honey and bourbon, then under the covers. Weird that I have constant chills with a temperature of 98 F this morning.
-Oscar outta here
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

C-WADE7 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:34 am
-Oscar outta here
Hope you get to feeling better Oscar.
Thanks C-W. I’m a little bit better today than yesterday so I take it as a good sign.
No cigars for me until I get 100% ?better. That’s the worst part of this.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

dlr110 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:26 am
cudgee wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:57 pm biggest causes of house and shed/garage fires now is battery chargers. So much of what we use now is powered by batteries, drills, mobile phones etc, etc. Well people leaving them on the charger for long periods, especially overnight causes them to over heat and catch on fire.
Your right cudgee and I'm guilty of it. I have a battery powered leaf blower and I'm bad about leaving the spare battery on the charger for days or until I need it.

I'll refrain from jumping in on the soccer conversation in view of the fact I don't even know if I spelled the word correctly.
I have a vehicle that I rarely drive so it’s in the garage on a low voltage trickle charger. Are those prone to overheating? It’s connected to the battery and plugged in for about 2 years.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

OSCAR wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:04 am
cudgee wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:57 pm biggest causes of house and shed/garage fires now is battery chargers. So much of what we use now is powered by batteries, drills, mobile phones etc, etc. Well people leaving them on the charger for long periods, especially overnight causes them to over heat and catch on fire.
Your right cudgee and I'm guilty of it. I have a battery powered leaf blower and I'm bad about leaving the spare battery on the charger for days or until I need it.

I'll refrain from jumping in on the soccer conversation in view of the fact I don't even know if I spelled the word correctly.
I have a vehicle that I rarely drive so it’s in the garage on a low voltage trickle charger. Are those prone to overheating? It’s connected to the battery and plugged in for about 2 years.
No that should be fine, it is the more the rapid chargers, or when people use those multiple power outlet boards to charge several thing at once. Especially the cheap ones from budget outlets. Hope you're feeling better.
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Waukonda wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:24 pm [quote=JonTerry post_id=1046161
Great Response and a worderful Ambassador for your Country...............his team made mine look so bad, the USA are really getting thier act together with Football.
[/quote]

Thanks for the response. The US team is playing pretty well, hopefully, Pulisic will be good to go on Saturday. Your boys rebounded well against Wales. I actually root for the England team every World Cup, and I spend far more time following the EPL and Bundesliga than I do US teams.
I prob shouldn't clutter up the diner with football talk. :?
[/quote]

Thats good to know we have some USA fans, when it comes to the world cup if it's not England I always root for the under dog in a match, I've always been the same with all sport, there is nothing better than killing giants ;) Unless it's England ha !!!
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Morning by the way guys, it's cold today here in the UK, my thumb is feeling a lot better since the sanding accident.

I am so lucky that I have not a lot of site work between now and Christmas, I would have done it but I know it would of been painfull.

As for the Football, it actually was the reason I spent many summers in the USA as a child, as my Grandfather Married the PR woman from Portland Timbers Soccor Team in the 70's and they would fly my sister and I out to Oregon in the summer breaks and we would explore the North West for months.

They are very special memories and not a day goes by when I think of the beauty and vastness of the place.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin friends, work was rough yesterday. Hope today is better. 50-67 and partly sunny. Happy trails!
David
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:40 am
OSCAR wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:04 am

No that should be fine, it is the more the rapid chargers, or when people use those multiple power outlet boards to charge several thing at once. Especially the cheap ones from budget outlets. Hope you're feeling better.
Thanks Cudgee
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning folks .
Oscar, hope you keep getting better . We use battery tenders on our cars and motorcycles in the shop . Never had any issues. Main thing is to minimize the extension cords or power strips . We don’t use any of that stuff . Plug right into a outlet .
Sure was a full house here yesterday. Really good to see some others stopping by and chatting .
The Soccer games and our Team over there sure have been exciting. A lot more enjoyable than our local NFL team who could take some lessons from the Soccer players. That USA team Captain sure has some positive Energy !! Is he able to play tomorrow?
Well suppose better get my raggedy rear moving. Going to get below Zero wind chills starting later today, so will get out and take care of some business today . Hard to believe it is December already! This year went by to fast or am getting around much slower these days .
Stay warm . Enjoy what you can . ::handshake::
JP
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. We might try to get back on the roof today and get some metal on. It's supposed to turn nasty again next week. Gun show tomorrow. Have a great Friday and I hope you guys with that bug start feeling better soon, and don't pass it around the diner.____Dave
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Ripster wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:50 am Morning folks .
Oscar, hope you keep getting better . We use battery tenders on our cars and motorcycles in the shop . Never had any issues. Main thing is to minimize the extension cords or power strips . We don’t use any of that stuff . Plug right into a outlet .
Sure was a full house here yesterday. Really good to see some others stopping by and chatting .
The Soccer games and our Team over there sure have been exciting. A lot more enjoyable than our local NFL team who could take some lessons from the Soccer players. That USA team Captain sure has some positive Energy !! Is he able to play tomorrow?
Well suppose better get my raggedy rear moving. Going to get below Zero wind chills starting later today, so will get out and take care of some business today . Hard to believe it is December already! This year went by to fast or am getting around much slower these days .
Stay warm . Enjoy what you can . ::handshake::
Thanks Ripster. Feels weird because I haven’t been sick in years. Unfortunately, I have to use an extension cord on the charger but I am using a heavy gage wire to minimize resistance. I believe it is 14 gage.
Going to try to get some sleep.
Take care everyone and have a spectacular day.
-Oscar outta here
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. It is a comfortable 51º here in P'ville right now. I 'spect it'll get into the 70s by the time this day is done.
Not much else going on at my house.
Hope you all have a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin’, Diners.
Woke up in Titusville, Florida that is. :)
Safe trip down over and down on the big crazy highways.
Family business concerning Grandpa’s estate and a special ceremony honoring his community service are the events of the day.
Can’t wait to get back to Starvation Plantation, there is no place like home to quote Dorothy. In the Wizard of Oz.
Y’all have a wonderful day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Morning all! Eastern sky is blaze orange as the day starts. 40 or so for high today but major wind later in the day. 50-55mph overnight.
After two nights of insomnia slept decent last night. Like Oscar still have a yuck bug.
Need to get in holiday mode, goodie boxes mailed, gifts wrapped, some decorations done. And hope everything I have ordered shows up soon.
Nothing else new around here.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, warmed up overnight with the south winds coming up from the Starvation plantation to Homer's homestead. Rain in the forcast for the next few days sez Nikki Dee.
Buddies day at Hooters.
Stay safe and have a good'un. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!

I suspect Cheryl will have me helping her straighten up around here and get things ready
for her big "open house" party tomorrow afternoon. I bet she discovers she forgot to buy
something and I'll be making a trip to town, which is fine with me. I'm not big on social
events but I'll do my part because it makes her happy. Everyone have a blessed day and
be safe... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good morning y'all.
Coffee was good.
This week will not be a record breaker. 28 and a bit over a half.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

treefarmer wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:20 pm Good Mornin’, Diners.
Woke up in Titusville, Florida that is. :)
Safe trip down over and down on the big crazy highways.
Family business concerning Grandpa’s estate and a special ceremony honoring his community service are the events of the day.
Can’t wait to get back to Starvation Plantation, there is no place like home to quote Dorothy. In the Wizard of Oz.
Y’all have a wonderful day!
Treefarmer
" A Mans Home Is His Castle ". ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:42 pm A Mans Home Is His Castle ".
20221128_160209.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

dlr110 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:49 am
cudgee wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:42 pm A Mans Home Is His Castle ".
20221128_160209.jpg
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Morning Guys,

Thumbs feeling like I can do some work now ...........

Got a guy coming round this mrning to fix the boiler as winter is approaching and the Mrs is fed upo with drip drip drip, especially as it's ruined the kitchen ceiling she painted a month ago ::skeptic::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning crew, finally made it to Saturday. Work and not much else. 27-42 and sunny. Stay frosty!
David
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good morning peeps.
Coffee is great because I got to the pot first.
Working on the hard drive.
Looking for the magic penny!
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Light rain passing through. Mid-60's for the day. No idea what the missus has planned for today ...
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”