First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Just Plain Dave »

A date which will live in Inf......
I'm this late for several reasons.
Coffee was good.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Diner is open. Had a dental appointment today, good to see in this now mainly corporate world, their is still some loyalty. Because i have been attending the surgery for a fair few years, they give me a loyalty discount, it can very, but today 50% off. You don't see that very often anymore, and much appreciated. Enjoy your coffee. :)
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

cudgee wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:52 am Diner is open. Had a dental appointment today, good to see in this now mainly corporate world, their is still some loyalty. Because i have been attending the surgery for a fair few years, they give me a loyalty discount, it can very, but today 50% off. You don't see that very often anymore, and much appreciated. Enjoy your coffee. :)
Morning Mate,

That is a result !!! when my Grandfather lived in the States he would fly back to the UK for Dental treatment as it worked out cheaper !!!
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GOOD MORNING FCD PATRONS
Coffee is brewing and I’m just waking up. 61 degrees now with a high of 71. Unusually warm for this time of year. I have a good bit of yard work to do, and it’s perfect weather for it but I’m still getting over a bad respiratory infection so I don’t want to push my luck. Maybe just a little work won’t hurt. No real plans today. Gotta feed dog and cats now. They get very vocal when they want to eat. Wishing everyone a blessed day.
-Oscar outta here

"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin neighbors, the rooster has crowed and a new day is here. Coffee and work. 46-55 fog and rain. Stay frosty!
David
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Morning, the coffee maker is going and the sausage is in the skillet here, rain in the forecast.
I tossed and turned a lot last night, and had a really poor night of sleep due to worries of how "Sharkweek" lacks diversity.
Ike
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Waukonda wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:56 am Morning, the coffee maker is going and the sausage is in the skillet here, rain in the forecast.
I tossed and turned a lot last night, and had a really poor night of sleep due to worries of how "Sharkweek" lacks diversity.
:lol:
David
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It's 10 below on the thermometer this morning. I may let it warm up a bit before heading out. It's supposed to get up in the 20's as the day rolls on with sunshine. We are waiting on the electrical inspector before doing much more inside and waiting on doors to work outside and waiting for nicer weather to get back on the roof. I've gotten better at waiting as I've gotten older. Have a great Thursday.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Waukonda wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:56 am I tossed and turned a lot last night, and had a really poor night of sleep due to worries of how "Sharkweek" lacks diversity.
I had no idea what you are talking about (I lead a very sheltered life. :lol: ) so I Googled it. I just about threw up in my mouth. ::td::

Got the frayed collar of my denim jacket repaired yesterday. Cost me a whole $2. It's now good for another 20 years. Miz Nancy is still a whiz with a sewing machine at 82 and a heck of a nice lady. Nothing on today's agenda. Be kind to your neighbors, friends & family. Even be kind to those who claim that "Sharkweek" lacks diversity. They can't help it because they're idiots.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Everyone.
Well it’s a bit chilly here , somewhere around Zero with a steady breeze . And of course we are 3 stories up sheathing the trusses on a 16 plex so it’ll be one of those days . This is why I retired in the fist place as days like this just wears you right down .
Ike , is Shark week a TV series ?
Oscar , sounds like you’re having great weather . Good to read you’re on the mend.
Cudgee, loyalty discount. That’s just awesome !!
Boji , after reading your post about electric blankets We dug ours out and put it on . Forgot how nice it is to climb in a pre heated bed . Life’s good ::tu::
Suppose better get my rear end heading down the road . You all take care and stay comfy .
JP
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!
cudgee wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:52 am they give me a loyalty discount, it can very, but today 50% off.
If I asked about a loyalty discount in any medical or dental facility where I live I'd get laughed right out of the office.

Back up into the low 70's today with a 25% chance of rain. The only thing on our schedule is the bug man is coming to
do our quarterly spray. Other than that I may just to some reading today. Have a blessed day and be safe... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Awful warm around here; supposed to hit near 80 today ! Very little sunshine and still dripping wet.
Gonna get out and set up the Christmas lights on the front porch. Hanging icicles type, and they
stay up all year. Wife wants me to take down two of the four sets and replace them so they are all the same color.
I still need to get her a gift of some sort. I absolutely suck at gifting . . .

Yawl have a grand day
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
wv trapper

Post by wv trapper »

Good morning all, it's 50* here in the Mountain State and soggy, looks like a couple more days of rain for us. I went out and fed my critters and the deer cleaned up all the apples I put out last night. Coffee is on and Kate has some scrambled eggs going so I better get. You all have a good one today.
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', it's workday.
Same on the weather as the last several days, foggy and 62 in the morning and 80 +/- during the day.
It appears Miss Joy is making progress on her Christmas decorations; I've been putting batteries in some of her things and giving advice on whether certain decorations are level and plumb. :)
A pot of Great Northern beans packaged in Gonzales, Louisianna is on the menu for today's dinner along with pork sausage links, boiled cabbage, cornbread and sweet tea.
Y'all have a good day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. Checking in a little late due to over-sleeping. It is a disgusting 69º right now and will go into the 80s later today. It was a record high 82º yesterday. Not much on the agenda for today but may get prepped for a show in Seguin this weekend.
Hope you all have a great day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Delightful weather forecast, not! Freezing rain, sleet, ice, snow starting later today and overnight. At least I don’t have to go anywhere tomorrow.
Slept 12 hours out of the past 24, say what? Guess I need it.
Regular day to work today
Waiting for word on a custom knife I ordered, should be shipped soon.
Have a great day!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Ripster wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:10 pm
Ike , is Shark week a TV series ?
Sharkweek is just that, a week long feeding frenzy of shows about sharks and shark attacks. It is aired on the Discovery channel and has been very popular for probably about 30 years. I am really surprised that you haven't tuned in, what with all the Sharks you have up there in the Wisconsin River. :lol:
treefarmer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:20 pm
A pot of Great Northern beans packaged in Gonzales, Louisianna is on the menu for today's dinner along with pork sausage links, boiled cabbage, cornbread and sweet tea.
Y'all have a good day!
Treefarmer
......for one who lives on the "Starvation Plantation", you sure do some good eating, my friend!
Ike
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, man did I sleep in this morning, 7:30 before I could get my mangy hide out of bed. Ole feral cat gave me the evil eye for being late with his breakfast.
More rain overnight man it's soggy around here, 53 when I arose 54 now rain to continue.
Yawl be careful and have a good'un. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon y'all.
It be warm and muggy here in East Texas.
Coffee was good.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Waukonda wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:56 am Morning, the coffee maker is going and the sausage is in the skillet here, rain in the forecast.
Sausages and coffee, you've got it made. :lol: :lol: :lol:
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

GOOD MORNING FCD PATRONS
Nothing new to report. 53-60 degrees today with some rain predicted. Cat woke me up and I’m going to try for a few hours more sleep. Feeling better every day but still not at 100%. Pretty much staying home, watching tv, trying to recuperate. Catching up on old shows I’ve not seen in ages. Glad they still have them cause most new programs are crap. Binge watching Gunsmoke yesterday.
Have a terrific day everyone !
-Oscar outta here
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Same ole thing, different day. Stay frosty!
David
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Happy Friday, everyone!
Attachments
images.jpeg.jpg
images.jpeg.jpg (13.71 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Ike
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

Waukonda wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:04 am Happy Friday, everyone!
Very well grounded post
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. I've up for a while just piddling around on the computer. I have Alan Jackson on the radio singing about the Good Times. It is another warm morning at 65º and scheduled to be in the 80s later today.
Hope you all have a good day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”