First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by jerryd6818 »

Rain & snow. I know rain is necessary but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to like it. First day of winter next week on Wednesday the 21st and then only 3 months until Spring.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. A decent day on tap as far as weather is concerned, but snow coming and maybe a bunch of it next week. I'm hoping it stalls off for, oh say, a year or two. Have a great Friday and weekend.____Dave
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Weather liers! Forecast was 2-5 inches of snow over the area. Got 7-12! 7 or 8 for me. But not cold, around 30 degrees. Even had thunder snow. Don’t have to go anywhere.
Had nice long call from my Sis in California. It had been several months since we caught up with our lives. She is 91 and still lives in the home they have owned for 40 years. She has kids and grandkids that are local to help out as she doesn’t drive anymore but still stays active.
Badly need to get in Christmas mode, think I have shopping done but need to check thru stuff and make sure.
Time for a second cup!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Boji wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:09 pm Even had thunder snow. ........

Badly need to get in Christmas mode.........
Time for a second cup!
Thundersnow is an awesome phenomena!

Getting in Christmas mode........1)slap a red bow on a bottle of Baileys 2) upend bottle and pour a generous amount in cup of coffee 3) repeat
Ike
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Waukonda wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:42 pm
Boji wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:09 pm Even had thunder snow. ........

Badly need to get in Christmas mode.........
Time for a second cup!
Thundersnow is an awesome phenomena!

Getting in Christmas mode........1)slap a red bow on a bottle of Baileys 2) upend bottle and pour a generous amount in cup of coffee 3) repeat
Might try that!
My view this fine morning
EC5F3B67-779C-4038-9D54-7AEB8C0E133F.jpeg
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!
Got a doctor's appointment this morning, that's about all I have on the schedule.
It will be rainy for the next several days so I'll confine my activities to the office
and the garage. Have a great day and be safe... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Howdy diners. I don't post very often here, but I do read this thread religiously. I woke up earlier than usual this morning, so I've been stirring around for a few hours now. The boss lady is sleeping in this morning so I'm trying to be quiet and let her get her rest. We've both been through a bout of the flu and it's proving hard to get back to full speed. I'm ahead of her in that effort, finally feeling like I have a little energy.
My big project for the day it to get a haircut. I've gone to the same barber shop for decades, but now I'm forced to find a new barber. The shop I went to was run by two guys who were in business together for forty or more years. About five months ago one of the barbers was killed in a car crash on his way to work. The surviving partner kept working up until about a month ago when he closed the shop without notice (at least notice to me). Now I'm shaggy and need a haircut. There's a little shop in a nearby town I'm planning to try today. Hopefully it will work out.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 53 with fog and mist, sure is dreary but beats what you upper Midwest guys have.
Outside critters are fed, waiting on my bride of 55 years to get ready for eggs, bacon and good country smoked sausage. Boji got me thinking which is dangerous in itself, the bride and I built this ole house 44 years ago.
Buddies day at Hooters, we'll see.
Yawl have a good'un. ::handshake::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin’ FCD folks!
Just a little late this morning and there is a benefit in being late, getting to read all the fresh morning posts. That’s a pretty picture Miss Boji posted and a “proper post” made by Ike. ::tu::
Repeat on our weather, fog and nice warm weather. :)
After workday we took our pups to meet the new veterinarian in town. We were wondering at 1st as there was a little mix up concerning which dog was supposed to be there at 2pm. We had an email showing one at 2 and the other at 2:30. They only had one at 2. ::shrug:: Got things straightened out and was impressed with the new vet. Heartworm and flea and tick prevention meds are necessary year round in this part of God’s creation.
Too many things going on this time of the year, easy to overlook the reason for the season. :(
Y’all have a wonderful day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
wv trapper

Post by wv trapper »

Good morning all, it's 47* here in the Mountain State, overcast and for now the rain has stopped. I had an early morning eye doctor appointment, rechecking the pressure in my eyes, all good now. I need to feed my critters, the squirrels are not happy. I did find a couple of gems yesterday, I like the Old Timer 340T and found two really nice ones for 25 bucks, thought that was a pretty good deal. That's about it from here, you all have a good one today.
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Had to turn on the AC in my truck.
Coffee was very good.
Had almost 32 hours this week.
Have a 67 Shelby KR350 on the way.
Have some stuff to do.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

wv trapper wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:10 pm Good morning all, it's 47* here in the Mountain State, overcast and for now the rain has stopped. I had an early morning eye doctor appointment, rechecking the pressure in my eyes, all good now. I need to feed my critters, the squirrels are not happy. I did find a couple of gems yesterday, I like the Old Timer 340T and found two really nice ones for 25 bucks, thought that was a pretty good deal. That's about it from here, you all have a good one today.
Great minds think alike, checked my tyres this morning. Question without notice, what percentage of the population that drive check their tyres, and not just regularly but if ever. Be interested in your or anyone else's thoughts.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

philco wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:10 pm Howdy diners. I don't post very often here, but I do read this thread religiously. I woke up earlier than usual this morning, so I've been stirring around for a few hours now. The boss lady is sleeping in this morning so I'm trying to be quiet and let her get her rest. We've both been through a bout of the flu and it's proving hard to get back to full speed. I'm ahead of her in that effort, finally feeling like I have a little energy.
My big project for the day it to get a haircut. I've gone to the same barber shop for decades, but now I'm forced to find a new barber. The shop I went to was run by two guys who were in business together for forty or more years. About five months ago one of the barbers was killed in a car crash on his way to work. The surviving partner kept working up until about a month ago when he closed the shop without notice (at least notice to me). Now I'm shaggy and need a haircut. There's a little shop in a nearby town I'm planning to try today. Hopefully it will work out.
Good to see you drop in, you are one of the original " Rat Pack ", along with Scott the Founder of the Diner and Ray and Gerry. All 4 still post which is great to see. And yes it is sad when someone you have been dealing with for a long time closes down, those sorts of relationships just don't exist anymore. Very few community businesses last that long, sad but true. Have a good one. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Oh no, it's almost 10 pm and I was having some hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies and a crown came off and I almost swallowed it. ::censored:: I'm going to call my dentist office and leave a message and hopefully he will be able to get me in on Monday. ::tear::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:52 am Oh no, it's almost 10 pm and I was having some hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies and a crown came off and I almost swallowed it. ::censored:: I'm going to call my dentist office and leave a message and hopefully he will be able to get me in on Monday. ::tear::
Oh no!! The same thing happened to me while eating my breakfast cereal the Friday morning in October a couple of months ago that I left to go to Springfield, IL for Cousin's Reunion. My dentist doesn't work on Friday. What was left of the tooth was sharp as a razor. All weekend I was cutting my tongue to shreds when either talking or trying to eat. Got in & got it fixed on that Monday. Just about shocked me out of my shoes because he didn't charge me anything for replacing the crown. I don't know why and neither did the receptionist but I didn't argue.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

dlr110 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:52 am Oh no, it's almost 10 pm and I was having some hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies and a crown came off and I almost swallowed it. ::censored:: I'm going to call my dentist office and leave a message and hopefully he will be able to get me in on Monday. ::tear::
:shock: :shock: :shock: David, hope you can get in on Monday. Be careful with it though, you don't want the remaining tooth being damaged. Good luck.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:17 am
Oh no!! The same thing happened to me while eating my breakfast cereal the Friday morning in October a couple of months ago that I left to go to Springfield, IL for Cousin's Reunion. My dentist doesn't work on Friday. What was left of the tooth was sharp as a razor. All weekend I was cutting my tongue to shreds when either talking or trying to eat. Got in & got it fixed on that Monday. Just about shocked me out of my shoes because he didn't charge me anything for replacing the crown. I don't know why and neither did the receptionist but I didn't argue.
No Charge. Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:24 pm Rain & snow. I know rain is necessary but that doesn't mean I'm obligated to like it. First day of winter next week on Wednesday the 21st and then only 3 months until Spring.
Good to have a positive outlook. 3 Months is nothing, in fact Spring has nearly started. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diner is open for the Weekend. ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It's 0300 and I'm up for a head call. Gonna go back down & try to get another 40 winks. Catch ya later crockagator.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin, coffee and work 43-54 and foggy. Suppose to have some sunshine later. Happy trails!
Attachments
images.jpeg.jpg
images.jpeg.jpg (12.47 KiB) Viewed 271 times
David
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Road trip today, 2 hours north to meet with family for our annual Christmas gathering.
Got the new lights hung with care yesterday. All new cool-blue icicles.
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Foghorn Leghorn has spoken, good Saturday morning to all!
I have been up for nearly 2 hours getting caught up on yesterday's World Cup action, too much going on to watch it live. I think a ham 'n cheese omelette is in my very near future as I am getting rather hungry. Weather is unseasonably warm, rain in forecast. Probably head out later, after England/France, and appease my wife with a meal out and some shopping.
Ike
wv trapper

Post by wv trapper »

Morning all, it's 42* here this morning and overcast, I'm ready for some sunshine! I have to work at the Country Store today, hopefully it will be a quiet day. The critters have eaten all the apples and corn I put out yesterday evening so better take care of that, you all have a ggood one today.
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Boji, Thanks for having the snow instead of us. That was really nice of you. Our turn is coming on Tuesday. David, glad you didn't swallow that tooth. That will make it much easier to put it back and way less disgusting unless you go through the expense of having a new one made. We got two very large windows and three slightly smaller ones installed yesterday. We got the homeowner, his son-in-law and one of my other boys to help. The electrical inspector gave us the red light to cover it all up and we got the walls mostly insulated and poly on some of the ceiling so we can actually turn on out temporary heaters and actually feel the heat. We still have doors coming in next week to install and over half of the metal roofing to put on and most of the siding, but we can do that as weather dictates. This afternoon I'm heading over to a neighbor widow's house to do a little insulating under her kitchen cabinets where the food freezes when it gets really cold outside. She lives in an old cabin, turned house and the outside walls aren't insulated well enough so it gets cold inside in spots. She has been putting cardboard in the back of some base cabinets trying to keep food from freezing, but I'm bringing over some foam board and spray insulation that will do a better job. It should have the siding and sheathing removed and insulated but that isn't in her budget. She lost her husband a few months ago and her kids don't live close enough to keep a close watch on her. The house gets huge ice dams on the eves and Jason and I have to keep the snow cleared for her roof every year, or it melts and finds it's way through the ceiling. Our next snow event is mid-week so I'm getting the snow blower ready today. Have a great weekend.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin' from Starvation Plantation!
Today is the 1st day of rifle season and I'm just now getting out of the bed. Used to be out there waitin' for the magical 30 minutes before sunrise faithfully. There are about 70 more days of deer season plus another 7 days of M/L in February, I'm too old to go like the old days. We attended a Deacons and Wives Christmas party last evening at the Pastor's house and tonight there is another Sunday School Christmas party at another couple's home and then on Sunday there is a choir presentation for all to attend, way too much going on for old folks!
Now that 1st cup is going to taste mighty fine on this foggy 51-degree morning. We hit 79 yesterday and there is a hint from the weather folks there may be some rain and cooler weather during the coming week.
Y'all have a wonderful Saturday! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”