First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by jerryd6818 »

Currently 54º at Zero Dark Thirty. Supposed to top out at 77º once the sun shows it's face. Another nada day at casa JerryD. I think I'll crawl back in the rack & see if I can catch a few more Zzzzzzzz's.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:08 am Currently 54º at Zero Dark Thirty. Supposed to top out at 77º once the sun shows it's face. Another nada day at casa JerryD. I think I'll crawl back in the rack & see if I can catch a few more Zzzzzzzz's.
Good idea, Jerry. I may do the same.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, just another work day. 61-90 and sunny. Happy trails!
David
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Everyone . Been busy as heck lately . Up early so thought would get over here to the diner . Seems most of you are doing as well as can be expected. We’ve been slammed with more work than we can handle . Contrary to Jim’s Contractor joke from the other day ,many of us Builders,General Contractors and Trades folks do a great job. And those of us that do are extremely busy . Yes there are some who aren’t very professional but around here they don’t last long .
Weather here is about the same as everywhere else. Haven’t much time to get out fishing or any knife related fun . Big local car show Saturday which is put on by the Lions club. We are bringing 6 old cars so have been busy getting those cleaned up and running .
Tom, building and selling and moving can be a handful . Sounds like your new place is going to be very nice !
Boji, it’s a great feeling to declutter the place . Been doing that out in the shed and shop and now can actually see the floors.
Well about time for a little coffee and then time to get it in the big pulley and rumble
Be safe out there Folks .
JP
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Traveling to see my cardiologist today (hour + drive) He'll probably want me to do the hamster trot this year
(stress test) it's been about 3 years since the last one.
Intentions are to get back and see my bone cracker this afternoon. Long day . . .

Yawl be safe
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
67 degrees, clear with zero chance of rain according to the forecast. We'll know if they were correct tomorrow. ::nod::
Workday today, need to fill the one deer feeder that we run all year long, it was about empty yesterday afternoon.
We are having Miss Joy's version of taco salad for dinner today.
Talked to the mower man yesterday afternoon, maybe today he'll get the zero turn's belts on and service the engine. The yard looks like we could cut hay!
Chris , hope you have a good check up with the heart doctor.
Time for the 1st cup, y'all have a wonderful Thursday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Cool 45 degrees to start the day. I pulled the card from the deer cam I set up yesterday and checked for critters showing up over night. A raccoon showed up checking out my barn during the night but left empty handed. I don't know if he was just passing through or returning to the scene of the crime. The killing stuff was done in the afternoon when this guy was likely sleeping. I'm going to try to work a few hours this morning. I have a deacon's meeting tonight and if I work a near full day, I won't be able to sit through a long meeting tonight. This looks more and more like a new normal for me. Jane is planning to travel with our son Jeremy and his wife to a grand daughter graduation about 4 hours away and there's no way for me to do that, so I get Saturday off to do whatever. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and Saturday. That's about all I've got. Have a good Thursday.____Dave
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning fellow diners. Yesterday we got the long-predicted thundershowers. Heaviest rain we have had in a long time.
There has been a kind of paleness to the air the past week. I thought it was the humidity. Hard for me to believe it is due to the Canadian fires, but maybe so.

Took Bev to her therapy yesterday then to her transition house, then to a friend to help her get her phone unlocked which turned out to be a major and lengthy project with Apple. Today it will be an MRI.

I've been enjoying the rebirth of my car's smooth shifting. My sister suggested it may be the result of getting much more use with my chauffering experience. I think she may be right.

I am undertaking a major reorganization of my knife collection. Turning into a bigger project than I had envisioned. At the moment, my knife room looks like a tornado has gone thru it.

peace & health ( my sincere wish for each of us)
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Finally got a good general rain early this AM, 1-2+ inches over the area. My gauge shows 1.3 in.
I have a demented squirrel, I was hearing a weird noise, looked out and he was gnawing on my rain gauge ::shrug::
Work today so time to get movin’
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Good morning Diners.
Need to take my poor dog to the vet dermatologist again today. I never had a dog that had skin problems like this. However I do whatever it takes to get her better from the allergies and make her comfortable and happy.
I could care less about the cost of her treatment but I get frustrated that it’s going on for about 2 years now. She is way better than she was but still has a few bad areas. Hopefully she’ll overcome this. Other than that, nothing planned. Rained last night into early morning. Sun is out now but it may rain later. 73-85 degrees today.
Happy Friday everyone
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Oscar, I greatly admire your efforts to treat your dogs problem. I keep thinking, what could he be allergic to. I'm sure you have sorted thru all kinds of possibilities. Any exposure to cleaning products: soaps, cleaning products of any kind, carpet cleaners, mold around floor edges, bedding, does he sniff your aftershave or cologne, house plants, lawn care products or vaccines?

My thoughts are with the both of you buddy.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 60 heading to the low 80's sez Leland. The possibility of rain yestiddy did not materialize, I reckon QS sucked it all out of the clouds as it came down through Ky. Twas very foggy at daybreak. The critters are fed and the dishes warshed and put away. The boss had a crown come off a tooth so a emergency trip to the dentist is in order.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Oscar, I greatly admire your efforts to treat your dogs problem. I keep thinking, what could he be allergic to. I'm sure you have sorted thru all kinds of possibilities. Any exposure to cleaning products: soaps, cleaning products of any kind, carpet cleaners, mold around floor edges, bedding, does he sniff your aftershave or cologne, house plants, lawn care products or vaccines?

My thoughts are with the both of you buddy.
Thanks Quick Steel. They ruled out food allergies and did scratch test. Tests for about 50 of the most common allergies. She’s positive for 11 different things but they can’t know which of those is causing the problem.
I have to inject her with allergy medicine every week and it’s helping her overall but new areas pop up. Like you said, it could be any one of a thousand things. Doing everything I can do to help her stay healthy and comfortable. This is the new area that is resisting the treatment. The other areas are pretty much gotten much better. This is her newest outbreak.
Attachments
72303509-F98C-46B3-87DA-27A554B949C9.png
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Yesterday's trip and Dr visit went well. As expected, I'll do a stress test next month. No big deal.

Back to the salt mine for the weekend. Only one more week and I'll be on the (hopefully) sunny shores of Florida !
::woot::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 53 heading to the low 80's ,had to put on a light jacket to feed the critters but I persevered and got her done. Boss has an app. for a root canal and new cap this Morning wants me to go with her. Buddies day at Hooters always interesting. ::ds:: Hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there. ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Good Morning fellow Diners. 50 going to 81, Possible thunderstorms in late afternoon. The sky continues to be hazy from Canadian fires.

Awaiting sister's MRI test results. She does like her therapist and notes she is getting stronger doing the recommended exercises.

I see that the FDA has pulled J&Js Covid Vaccine due to causing blood clots. This was a concern more than two years ago. Now, after 19 million people have taken the drug, the FDA decides to act. I will refrain from commenting.

All of the Federal regulatory agencies have been captured by the organizations they are supposed to supervise.

I wonder why this year so many Red-Wings have decided to spend the summer with us. Maybe they sense they shouldn't head north to Canada this year.

Keep safe.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Good Morning Everyone!
Now that I have Cheryl's car repaired I heading in this morning to get it inspected and then get the registration renewed. I also have several packages to go to the post office. Busy morning so I better get moving, have a great day and be safe.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Quick Steel wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:22 am Good Morning fellow Diners. 50 going to 81, Possible thunderstorms in late afternoon. The sky continues to be hazy from Canadian fires.

Awaiting sister's MRI test results. She does like her therapist and notes she is getting stronger doing the recommended exercises.

I see that the FDA has pulled J&Js Covid Vaccine due to causing blood clots. This was a concern more than two years ago. Now, after 19 million people have taken the drug, the FDA decides to act. I will refrain from commenting.

All of the Federal regulatory agencies have been captured by the organizations they are supposed to supervise.

I wonder why this year so many Red-Wings have decided to spend the summer with us. Maybe they sense they shouldn't head north to Canada this year.

Keep safe.
The FDA is financed by Pharma. How’s that for a conflict of interest ?
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
70 degrees this morning, the forecasters say we should hit 92 with a 70% chance of rain.
Got through the 5 nights of VBS and it was successful. ::tu::
Got to see the last of the FSU girls softball game as they got beat by the Oklahoma girls for the championship. Congrats to the Sooners!
The lawn mower repairman said I have some issues with the 11 year old mower that might not be advisable to completely repair. The cost of labor being what it is and the age of the mower and considering how much we use the mower we might ought to look into a new machine. ::undecided:: We've never had a mower last this long before, usually 4 or 5 years with lots of cobbled together repairs. hmm:: Oh well, it's only money and the Good Lord actually owns it all. ::nod::
Time for the 1st cup!
Y'all have a wonderful day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

E843B796-EC47-431F-B267-8E3E556836D2.jpeg
66 now and 83 degrees later. Nothing interesting or new today. My dog Stella saw the vet dermatologist yesterday and he changed one of her medications. Hoping that it helps.
It’s been frustrating as she’s had allergies for 2 years now but there is overall improvement.
Going out for breakfast as I’m not in the mood to cook. I will fix coffee at home. They aren’t giving you any bargains at $4 a cup.
Have a fantastic day everyone.
-Oscar outta here
::pace::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. We are officially in a drought instead of just being dry and yesterday planes were busy dropping down to scoop water out of the lake we are building the house/cabin on and heading west for a fire not too far away. They must have had it under control by late evening because they quit flying. Nothing was noted on the news so it must not have been too big a fire. Rain is supposed to be coming in this afternoon, but not supposed to amount to much. Not much planned for today. I'm pretty sore from yesterday's work so I'll probably just lay low. Have a good Friday.____Dave
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin'.

I live in a small condo and I've gathered some stuff from my picking outings....Gotta focus on knives, so I'm not running to all estate sales theze
days. Weird. I'm focusing on knives and flea markets. Hoping that works.

I'll keep ya posted ::tu::
Attachments
image (1).png
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Saw the “invite” post from QS and decided to have a look here to see what’s up. I’m not usually “on line” until mid-morning. My morning routine typically consists of rising, putting the coffee on, then out and about - let the chickens out, feed the dogs, make the rounds checking on the critters, seeing what happened during the night and what wildlife may still be lurking as the day breaks. (I try to get all that done early, especially in the summer, while the day is still cool - it becomes habit year around).

Then back to the house to shave, shower, and see what my bride has fixed for breakfast. I usually take a look at AAPK and read the “news”, sports, etc on line (not necessarily in that order) while having coffee and breakfast.

I’ll make an effort to participate here more, if only to see what the rest of y’all are up to. ::tu:: By the time I get to it, it’ll be old news! :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:51 pm Saw the “invite” post from QS and decided to have a look here to see what’s up. I’m not usually “on line” until mid-morning. My morning routine typically consists of rising, putting the coffee on, then out and about - let the chickens out, feed the dogs, make the rounds checking on the critters, seeing what happened during the night and what wildlife may still be lurking as the day breaks. (I try to get all that done early, especially in the summer, while the day is still cool - it becomes habit year around).

Then back to the house to shave, shower, and see what my bride has fixed for breakfast. I usually take a look at AAPK and read the “news”, sports, etc on line (not necessarily in that order) while having coffee and breakfast.

I’ll make an effort to participate here more, if only to see what the rest of y’all are up to. ::tu:: By the time I get to it, it’ll be old news! :lol:

Ken
Ken, you shouldn't be too concerned about the timing of your post. There's a couple that sometimes don't drop by until 8 or 9 PM. Ain't no thing but a ding-a-ling.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Good late morning, FCD!

74* here in the Missouri Ozarks and we're looking at a high of 84* and sun, sun, sun.
Couple of house chores to do today then some computer baseball and maybe some outdoor time.
Doctor's visit shows I have a few kidney stones, one a 7mm and another a 6mm. I am scheduled to have a bladder probe and they'll blast those stones to powder. It's an outpatient procedure. Be glad to get this done so I can get over the fear of one of those dropping on me. OUCH! I have my fingers crossed they don't before hand.
Well, better git. Y'all have a great Friday! Be safe, be careful and be alert.

MG

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”