First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by jerryd6818 »

TripleF wrote:Will be batchin' it for the next 4 days....mama is out for the annual ladies weekend with her siblings and nieces.
Did she take the phone or leave it with you? :mrgreen:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, John congrats to you and the bride, may you enjoy many more. Not much on the agenda today, guessers say rain. Oh well the coffee is good.Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe. ::handshake::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Well John there you go getting one up on me again just like you did last year. There for a day we were tied up at 37 years but you had to go back in front. ::poke::

All kidding aside, congratulations and here's to many more years together. ::handshake::

It's back to pulmonary rehab today for me for another dose of oxygen infused exercise. I actually enjoy getting to do this, but I do wish I didn't have to drive 20+ miles each way. Ah the price of livin' in the country I suppose.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

jerryd6818 wrote:
TripleF wrote:Will be batchin' it for the next 4 days....mama is out for the annual ladies weekend with her siblings and nieces.
Did she take the phone or leave it with you? :mrgreen:

I have it....
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

John, Congratulations to you and your bride on your anniversary. An important day to be sure.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Congrats John!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

jmh58 wrote:So.. 38yrs ago today I became a married man.. ::ds:: And as Phil said.. We jumped the broom.. Don't know whats in store for today yet!! John :D
John, you've got a good start going there. And it seems that these last ones for us have been the best. Hope the same for you.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Let me add my congratulations to John and his wife also, Happy 38th Anniversary! ::handshake::
I enjoy being connected with fellers that have stuck with it over the years. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

THANK YOU ALL!!! ::handshake:: I really appreciate all the congrats!!! Thanks!!! John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Howdy this fine morning. Got some good coffee to start out with. Sunshine then a chance of storms later. Have a blessed day and happy trails!
David
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mornin David......others.

Hitting an estate sale in a bit I think......don't know....maybe not.

Picking up the grands at noon and going fishing!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' David. Mornin' Scott and sounds like a fun day Scott. Mornin' to the rest of the fellers.
I have to mail a couple of knives but not a lot else to do today.
Hope you all have a knife day. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning fellers, buddies day today then maybe cut the grass if the weather permits.Yawl have a great day and be good to your friends and neighbors and be safe ::handshake::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning guys. One more day to the weekend and it's suppose to be a nice one, both day and weekend. We are in a slight cool down but it's been pretty nice. Work is still crazy busy and I haven't gotten to the biggest job of the summer yet. Tomorrow is a good sized gun show at the DECC where President Trump was a couple days ago and I'm pretty sure the twelve protesters are gone by now so that should be fun. The in-laws are coming in Sunday. Have a great Friday. ____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Boys.
Overcast this morning, 40% chance of thunderstorms according to the forecasters. We trimmed bushes yesterday morning, I drove the tractor and my friend stood in the bucket and clipped the overhanging limbs from the drive. Then we took a rolling cultivator off the tractor and hooked up the bush hog, a two man job anymore. :( After dinner, I finished mowing the yard with the zero turn and then carefully trimmed the weeds and grasses that had come up in our clover patch in the planted pines with the bush hog set to run about 12 inches off the ground. Then I cut some volunteer weeds in a fallow field with the tractor. Way too much work for an old man and like a dummy, I stayed up and watched the Texas Tech vs. Florida baseball game. I'm tired just telling about my day. ::dang::
Coffee is ready, we'll have a cup and see what happens today.
Y'all have a great Friday!
Treefarmer

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Hey tf.. Take a break!! You wore me out just reading what ya done yesterday!! :lol: WHEW!!! ::facepalm:: John :D

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

John, the rain started during breakfast, so we're now in neutral, just idlin' along. ::nod:: I may slip out between the showers and get some peppers to stuff some with some venison sausage and cream cheese. That's a good way to take a break. ::tu::
Treefarmer

TwoFlowersLuggage

Good morning! June gloom is in full effect, it is gray and overcast outside. We're moving my son into the condo this weekend, so there will be lots of driving back and forth, and lots of lifting up and down.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

I'm glad everyone else is getting chores and errands done.

I'm on day 5 of hobbling on crutches due to an inflamed Achilles' tendon. ::td:: The weeds are getting taller, the limbs are still falling out of the trees, the grass is still growing and all I can do is watch it happen. :x It just means that after the tendon heals up and I can work again, I'll have so much to do that I'll probably screw it up again. ::doh::

Anyone else ever try to drag a garden hose while on crutches? It's not fun. Either I struggle to do it or the garden burns up. I'd rather have the veggies. Long-term, it means I'll probably finally get around to installing an irrigation system out in the garden ($$$) for next year instead of doing the old fashioned frugal German way by hand.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

ZZ, sounds like you're having a time, ::uc:: hope you don't over do and cause more injury to your inflamed tendon. I mowed 1/2 Wednesday and 1/2 yesterday and noticed how much the grass had already grown in 24 hours where I had over lapped cuts. Heat and rain make it grow in the Florida Panhandle.
Treefarmer

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Hey zz.. I spent 1 solid yr on them sticks!! I feel your pain.. ::nod:: John :D

TwoFlowersLuggage

zz - you need to find yourself a neighbor's kid that wants to earn $20. The trick is to ease them into it - if you work them like a mule on day 1, they won't come back on day 2...
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

TFL -

I would if I could but none of my neighbors within 3 miles have kids old enough to do the work or young enough to be "coerced" into to doing it.

The "kids" in the area that are willing to work are the ones that are already being worked to death by their parents on farms. The "city kids" in the 2 closest town tend not to want to real work - they want to get paid for sitting on their rears doing nothing.

The last "youngun" I had working for me worked for about a week. Then he up and moved to Pennsylvania with 1 day's notice.
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Oh boy. It's Saturday and I gotta go to work.
It's hard to get people to work in the store and stay with it.
I had a guy that gave me a couple days off but he didn't last two weeks.
Looking for the magic penny!
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning gentlemen, one more day of work this week. Looks like some rain south of us. Dont know if it will make it up here. Keep your powder dry and hope yawl have a great day!
David

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”