First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
cudgee

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by cudgee »

Good to see some of the Diner regulars catch up at a knife show. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

What? I'm the first one up and about? Everyone must have had a busy day yesterday and now their all tuckered out. Nothin' goin' on in my little corner of the Great Midwest. Warm summer like temps today and for the foreseeable future. Woo Hoo baby. I'll take that.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning Jerry and all who wander in. Had a great Sat. at the knife club and a fun day all around. It's a beautiful morning out there now. We had a nice rain yesterday afternoon and everything greened up around my house. Church in a few hours and then log in and play with my new treasures from yesterday. Have a great Sunday.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you!!
Well it's going to be rainy around here, but I don't care because I've got my bag packed and this afternoon
I'm heading down the highway for a 4 or 5 day antique and knife hunting trip.
Everyone have a great Sunday and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Got the 39 shining like a new penny.. Heading out to the first car event of the yr (or 2 ::disgust:: ) .. Meeting my son and Tucker too.. ::ds:: ::ds::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Jerry, Dave and John.
Y'all need to get together and draw some of this winter weather back up to the north where it belongs! It was 48 this fine clear morning. ::shrug:: This is the kind of morning that we like in January and February. ::shrug::
Coffee is about to quit gurgglin' so we can officially start this Sunday morning. Church in a a few hours, just like Dave said. Miss Joy is fixin' a chicken and rice casserole for dinner, that and some vegetables and corn bread should put me in the Sunday afternoon nap mode.
Yesterday, I got out and was able to treat some fire-ant nests/hills around the yard, felt rather useful for a change. 4 more days till we go back to the doc and see if I can use my shoulder! ::ds::
I saw a wad of knives (12 junkers) on ebay several days ago and I put in a bid. Had forgotten about it and yesterday got the notification to "pay up". :) There was a straight razor in the bunch and a couple of knives that might be more than POS stock. Time will tell.
Y'all have a wonderful Sunday and meet us down at the church in a couple of hours! :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone
Jerry ,coffee is tasting mighty good ,sitting here watching the birds do there morning scurrying and feeding . Wife is out chasing chickens back to there roost ,they like to try to get at bird food.
Yesterday was great,met a few new friends,fellow knifers ,and bought a few knives . On way back home stopped at a flea market ,and a couple of shops. Was a nice day all around .
Today we’re heading up to the cabin up north on the flowage. Wife and I are meeting our younger Son up there for a few days . We don’t get much time with him ,so looking forward to that. We don’t always get internet up there, will check in when back or have service .
Mn. Dave , Thank you for hooking me up with your knife group,really enjoyed meeting you all .
Dave down South, have a great Road Trip,hope you Score some good stuff
John in Pa. have a blast at Car show! A couple of burn outs might be in order ::nod::
Ray, how was your day at the show .
Boji,if you ever get a chance to visit the North Star bunch, highly recommend it .
Well time to get a few things packed up and head north, maybe the Walleye will be a little more active this trip . It’s Sure nice to be able to get out and about again,not one to sit much.
Have a great Sunday ,enjoy, life’s what you make it ::handshake::
JP
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thanks JP. 👍🏎👍
John ✌️

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. The show yesterday was small and not many knives to be found. Plenty of folks in attendance, tho. I was hoping to move a little Colt Baby Dragoon or maybe make some sort of trade but no luck on that. We are in the midst of some very welcome showers this morning. Temp is 69º with 93% humidity. Headin' out for church in a couple of minutes.
Hope your day is a blessed one. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning friends. Looks like most the usual suspects have been in already. Think I'll sit and enjoy a cup of Jerrys coffee and ponder things a whle. 70-74 some sunshine and a chance of thunderstorms today and tonight. Had some heavy rain last night. Happy trails!
David
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

All indications were that it would be raining today and all week.
But it looks quite nice outside currently.
The coffee is better than the usual Sunday stuff.
No church do I attend.
Praying that things will get better again.
But don't really believe it's so.
Kinda need to make a Walmart run today.
We'll see.
Looking for the magic penny!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:07 pm
bighomer wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:43 pm Morning folks, 🌡 chilly 43 deg at 4:30 so I checked out the plumbing and return to the sack. Mid 70's this afternoon and maybe 80 tomorrow.
All us varmints are fed and the dishes warshed, time to relax with a fine cuppa joe, and watch the turkeys and birds feed while contemplating getting the trash together for a trip to the dump, or the solid waste disposal site as it is called now.
Little local flea mkt is open so may check out the wares.
Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
Hey, Joe. When do you think you and your Buds will get back to Hooters?
I don't know for sure Jerry we've talk about it maybe this next Friday.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

It's noontime neighbors, kinda late to the table today, overslept and have had one of my lazy spells.
🌡58 was the low this morning looks like my cold spot moved down to the panhandle of Fla. ,we've had a lite shower and should get to the mid 70's.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed.
Nothing much going on around here, gonna watch some golf and rest up. Yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Had a wonderful weekend, daughter & granddaughters came to visit and celebrate my Bday & Mother's Day (late). Good food, good wine, good times visiting. And we could hug each other! Daughter was especially excited that she was able to meet her brand new great-nephew. And visit her Grandmother (her Dad's side of family) who is 95 and still doing well.
Thank you Lord for our many blessings!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Afternoon , my wife and I got to the cabin up here on Chief lake,settled in for 3 or 4 days . We’re having our first cup up here together this year ,it feels really good ,our28 year old Son is on his way . Will be great to visit with him ,have a fire,some s’ mores , and watch the Sun go down over the bay . Boji, you are absolutely correct when you mentioned count our blessings, will give it a Amen ::tu::
And funny thing ,when opening up the place found one of our old pocket knifes in Dads old tackle box,it’s a little pony Jack and will clean it up and post it in the finds thread later . So yesterday a great time meeting the North Star knife bunch and a little wheeling and dealing and fun ,and now up North with family. Life’s pretty dang good on this end,that’s for sure .
Here’s a few pics ,the flowage pic shows where our cabin is on the flowage, on the bottom left corner you can get lost up here pretty easy. And night time is great with the loons and stars,etc ,etc .
Hope you all are having a good one, enjoy !
Attachments
D508D292-7643-42F3-A222-47C00D7B3F1F.jpeg
79CA4036-A397-4F74-AEC5-636959AC0207.jpeg
E646B8FC-8B5E-4968-8E7B-5206F854281B.jpeg
5C7293F6-7298-4334-86D3-093673C528C3.jpeg
E2B1E8E2-BCD5-499F-869D-920844DDC64C.jpeg
5392AAD1-5821-48AE-91F7-D8ED74A05026.jpeg
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

JP, fantastic looking joint. ::tu:: You certainly are a lucky man, not only having a fantastic cabin to get away to, but great family to share it with. Enjoy your time up there mate, or down there ::facepalm:: and stay safe. :)
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

JP, looks so peaceful. Hard to remember that the chain of lakes here once looked like that. Now the only undeveloped shoreline are a few parks.
The cottages (cabins) that were built 50-100 years ago are being torn down and replaced with McMansions and condos.

Anybody know why Iowans call them cottages and in Minnesota & Wisconsin it is cabins?
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

JP, you are very lucky to have that opportunity. I'd love to spend a week or more in such a place.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Ripster wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:24 pm Afternoon , my wife and I got to the cabin up here on Chief lake,settled in for 3 or 4 days . We’re having our first cup up here together this year ,it feels really good ,our28 year old Son is on his way . Will be great to visit with him ,have a fire,some s’ mores , and watch the Sun go down over the bay . Boji, you are absolutely correct when you mentioned count our blessings, will give it a Amen ::tu::
And funny thing ,when opening up the place found one of our old pocket knifes in Dads old tackle box,it’s a little pony Jack and will clean it up and post it in the finds thread later . So yesterday a great time meeting the North Star knife bunch and a little wheeling and dealing and fun ,and now up North with family. Life’s pretty dang good on this end,that’s for sure .
Here’s a few pics ,the flowage pic shows where our cabin is on the flowage, on the bottom left corner you can get lost up here pretty easy. And night time is great with the loons and stars,etc ,etc .
Love it. Sooooooooo beautiful.

Coffee's on folkjs. Monday morning coffee!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

morning..............................
that's about all 5:30 AM ain't my thing.
But will stay up MUST get coffee.
later..
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. JP, what a great way to end a nice weekend. It's suppose to get hot here today and warm tomorrow. Of course "hot" is a relative term so that's probably a low temp for many of you for this time of the year. I think we are pouring concrete today. I didn't get a new motor for my pull behind mixer so we'll probably have to rent a mixer. Have a great week and be safe out there in this mixed up world.____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The cartridges arrived for the coffee maker my daughter bought for me, so I'm sitting here sipping a cuppa decaf this morning. Ahhhh
Before all you coffee drinkers get on your high horse about how decaf isn't "real" coffee, in my defense I'm hypersensitive to the caffeine. One cup of "real" coffee and I can talk faster than you can listen. Ruins my concentration and my entire day. No joy in Whoville after a cup of "real" coffee.
It wouldn't be FCD without a weather report. 70º and above from now on with intermittent showers for the next 4 days and a knife in the mailbox today.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Good morning all.

Jerry, I can't imagine how many posts you would have if you were drinking real coffee. ::woot::
Joe
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' boys and girls. I sorta slept in this morning and I still feel sorta groggy. Dave, I also drink decaf and I have for many years. A lotta years ago the Bride told me she was moving to decaf coffee and tea and she wanted to warn me that I would have some withdrawal symptoms. I shamed her for saying I was addicted. Let me tell you, I had a headache for three days. I have avoided caffeine ever since.
The local weather-guy is just saying we may get 9 or 10 inches of rain in the next few days. That event, if it occurs, will create some big time flooding here.
I hope this is a good day for all. ::tu::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Ripster wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:24 pm Afternoon , my wife and I got to the cabin up here on Chief lake,settled in for 3 or 4 days . We’re having our first cup up here together this year ,it feels really good ,our28 year old Son is on his way . Will be great to visit with him ,have a fire,some s’ mores , and watch the Sun go down over the bay . Boji, you are absolutely correct when you mentioned count our blessings, will give it a Amen ::tu::
Very Nice JP!!! Have fun!! ::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::
John :D

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”