First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!!
Cleaning out some of my daughter's family items out of my shed. They will be moving into their new place in August.
I think before we move I'm going to have a big yard sale, because I don't need or want all the stuff we have collected
and just hauled around with us over the years. It's going to be another hot one so I hope everyone will be careful.
Be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡hot and hotter.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed.
Gonna get the trash/recycle crap together and make a run to the dump site.
Don't think I'll check the the flea mkt. out to blamed hot for that.
Yawl have a good'un and be careful in this heat and humidity. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning folks.
Coffee was decent.
I've started a sort of database of all my diecast vehicles.
Up to 1970 so far in GM and Ford.
Working on Mopar now.
Looking for the magic penny!
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Coffee's on. Have a great Sunday. Church is in a couple hours. ____Dave
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Was just wandering past and saw there were no lights on, everyone must be watching the olympics. So i have opened up and the coffee is percolating. ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Dave snuck in before me, he must have the backdoor key. :lol:
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Cudgee and Dave, coffee is tasting good this morning. No plans for today,do a little reading and visiting and that’s about it .
We’ve got a reprieve from the heat today ,then back in the frying pan this week with high humidity returning.
You all have a enjoyable Sunday ,take care. Stay safe .
JP
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Good Morning AAPK - heading to the local airport (SBY) shortly to pickup my bride who was out of town attending our nieces bridal shower, connecting through Philly is always a crap shoot so I’m on standby until she’s in the air. Thought a Hogue EX-1 knife would arrive yesterday while she was away but that darn USPS failed me again. I’m trying to fill the knife void in my Sig Sauer Legion P229 case to complete the set, hopefully tomorrow. When it does, I’ll snap a few pics of the whole family - one of the best if not THE BEST weapon that I own (or have fired) - fits my hand perfectly. Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday. Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Knifers.
Nice cool 75 degrees this morning, wont be this way long! My old salvaged Manitowoc commercial ice machine goes on strike every year about this time. It sets under a shed on the side of my shop. These ice machines need about 70 degree air to work properly. They are themselves a heat source and need to have plenty of cool air flowing through the coils. That doesn't happen this time of year so our generous ice source has gone on strike til the ambient air allows the high pressure switch to reset, about October. :) Speaking of going on strike, I should have done that yesterday. I mowed for about 3 hours yesterday, about 10:00 - 1:30, that's too much to chew at one time for an old man. I'm a bit stiff this morning.
Coffee is ready so I'll have a good hot cup to jump start the morning. Church in a few hours, a birthday dinner at a neighbor's house after that, then a long afternoon nap.
Y'all have a good Sunday. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

It was really hot working in that shed yesterday and today is suppose to be at least
100 degrees. I believe I'll stay inside today after church. Everyone have a blessed
Sunday and be a blessing to someone.... :D

Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Morning all! Another hot day and will continue thru the week. Tis that time of the year.
Nothing special going on today, normal household drudgery, laundry and cleaning. Need to dig thru more knife stuff and see what is sellable. Have boxes of old bare frames, blades, handle materials. Figure to make up one big lot that will be of interest to someone who does repairs/rebuilds. No way am I going to sort thru hundreds of pieces and try to figure out exactly what they are.
There is an auction today that I’d like to go to today but knowing me I’d drag home crap I don’t need.
Remember the Lord and his blessings on this day
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. I have already done my prep for church and am ready to take off. I have usher duty again today. I suspect we will again suspend services soon unless the covid rate quits climbing. Not much else on tap for the day. It is 75º and 86% humidity now and will be in the high 90s later today.
Hope your day is blessed.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Good Sunday Morning folks.
Coffee was decent.
No official church but prayers to Our Lord never cease.
Have perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 of my diecast cars on the puter.
But gonna do some penny work now.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Morning everyone. Hope you have all had a good weekend. Don't want to say too much, but have lost a couple of close people lately, a friend of 50 years a few days ago, walking his dog, collapsed and gone. Only spoke to him a few days before, we were going to organize a catch up with some of the old gang when restrictions lifted, now don't even know about his funeral because of covid. So my fellow Diners, tell those that matter, that they do matter and you love them, while you can. Take care everyone. ::handshake::
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Cudgee and mornin' to the rest of the folks here in the Diner. Another day with very little on the agenda. Our temperature is 75º with 83% humidity and it may get to 103º later today. It got to 100º yesterday. My birds are off their feed for some reason. They are leaving much of the milo and eating the sunflower seeds and cracked corn and whatever else is in the mix. It is an invitation to the grackles which I really dislike. I had one grackle which I did not chase off because he was injured and limped around. Fighting with a tougher one I guess. As soon as he healed up, he moved on.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:19 am Mornin' Cudgee and mornin' to the rest of the folks here in the Diner. Another day with very little on the agenda. Our temperature is 75º with 83% humidity and it may get to 103º later today. It got to 100º yesterday. My birds are off their feed for some reason. They are leaving much of the milo and eating the sunflower seeds and cracked corn and whatever else is in the mix. It is an invitation to the grackles which I really dislike. I had one grackle which I did not chase off because he was injured and limped around. Fighting with a tougher one I guess. As soon as he healed up, he moved on.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
What is a grackle, i presume some sort of bird.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

A grackle is also called a sail-tailed black bird. They are sometimes overwhelming in numbers and generally disliked. The cocks look large because of having lots of feathers and tail feathers are quite long. I would judge them to be just smaller than pigeons. Hens are quite a bit smaller.
All in all, a noxious bird.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:05 am A grackle is also called a sail-tailed black bird. They are sometimes overwhelming in numbers and generally disliked. The cocks look large because of having lots of feathers and tail feathers are quite long. I would judge them to be just smaller than pigeons. Hens are quite a bit smaller.
All in all, a noxious bird.

Ray
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Another incredibly busy weekend in the books. The big wood pile we had cut down last week is almost all cut up and gone thanks to family showing up to help. I'm heading back to the neighbors to keep the roofing project going. Have a great week.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
I got the coffee made and Miss Joy has fed her birds, squirrels and remaining barn cats. We are going to have our 1st cup and then go out and water as our summer rains have quit on us it appears. The only thing in the raised beds worth watering are several varieties of peppers and some tomatoes that have about made the season. All her tropical plants that have to live in the greenhouse during the winter are looking a bit wilted. The year is flying along, I noticed a corn field that is already drying down, cotton is blooming and peanuts have covered the middles. Starting out at 75 degrees, again.
Y'all have a great day wherever you are!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good Morning Everyone,
Already 78 degrees, headed to the mid-90s. Keeping up with teenagers when you are 74 will wear you out...that was proven this weekend while we took care of our grandkids while their parents enjoy themselves at their lake cabin. Yesterday afternoon I thought I would take care of my next door daughter's hanging flowers and plants when a hidden nest of bees in the ground decided to make a sneak attack. After several stings this old man decided the part of better wisdom was to leave the flower watering for another time. Now I have to do some reading to how best to handle the in ground nest or hive. I really don't want to kill the bees, but they can't remain where they are. Got a couple knives on the way here if FedEx and the USPS can get their act together. The wait goes, and it gives me something to look forward to seeing the postman. Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Tail end is dragging this AM. Was up way too late trying to find info on several custom knives and listing a few others.
Filled the hummingbird feeder, wasn’t empty but as hot as it has been needs to be cleaned and fresh nectar every day or two.
Need to water flowers and my big basil plant.
Have been eating fresh sweet corn, yum. Thinking back as a kid on the farm often had 5 or 6 ears for dinner everyday. Don’t think my digestive system would tolerate that nowadays!

Need more coffee, have a great day and try to keep cool.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, enjoying the first cup of coffee. 76-96 and chance of thunder storms. Looks like its going to be hotter than blazes all week. Nothing exciting going on around here. Happy trails!
David
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Got to go get the oil changed in the Tahoe this morning and then Cheryl and I are going looking at sheds to put on the new property. I want to get one big enough to store household things in right now, but will be big enough to to hold my yard equipment and be a nice size work shop later. Okay lets get this week started. Be safe and be a blessing to someone.... :D

zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm Top of the morning to you all!!
Got to go get the oil changed in the Tahoe this morning and then Cheryl and I are going looking at sheds to put on the new property. I want to get one big enough to store household things in right now, but will be big enough to to hold my yard equipment and be a nice size work shop later. Okay lets get this week started. Be safe and be a blessing to someone.... :D
My recommendation is to plan on 2 separate buildings - one for storage/yard equipment and another for the workshop. And NEVER allow anything to be "temporarily" stored in the workshop.

The amount of stuff you have to store will expand to exceed the amount of storage space you have. You will end up with your workshop area being used for storage. When my mother and father moved out of their house and into the farm house I was in shortly before he died in 2010, 5 or 6 pickup loads of "stuff" my father had in his work room, tool room and pump room ended up "stored temporarily" in my shop. I am still working on going through it and eliminating excess stuff.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”