First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Mild cool at 56 this morning, headed for mid - 70's I think.
Did my oil change yesterday, will do the wife's truck today, and check on a brake squeal she mentioned.

Yup, 'nother day in Dixie. Yawl have a good one . . .
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks and Happy Birthday Philco. It is a down to 61º and will drop another 2 or 3º before the warmup starts. Football is about all on the agenda for the day.
Hope you all have a knife day.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Cudgee, I thought something was funny about all the posts that were showing up on this page. I thought maybe less of us were posting. I did get to the gun show yesterday afternoon and picked up two nice knives for $7 each, cleaned them up a little and posted them in Knife Finds. I got rained out from carpentry about noon. I'm off to the book store project this morning to install windows and a big front door. Have a great weekend.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Knifers!
We have family coming for a day visit from Thomasville, our son, his wife and the youngest grandson who is 5. Always have to hide my tools and stuff when they come! They enjoy riding around the farm on the old lifted golf cart but sadly it's still in the shop and it is also way too wet to get out of the yard. :( Always looked forward to checking the game cameras after they go home. Usually was some good candid pictures of them enjoying the woods. ::nod::
Dove season opened this morning, been hearing lots of shotgun noise this morning, nothing close this morning. That used to be a big deal. Dove shooting used to start at 12 noon and it was quite a social event, didn't require one to be an early riser so moms and kids usually were involved, boiling peanuts and BBQ, just a good time.
Fall is still hangin' on, 57 again this morning. We got to 87 yesterday. Summer is just taking a little break.
Miss Joy has a big ol' Boston butt in the oven that has made the house smell good, she has been changing her decor for several days. She runs a patriotic theme, red, white and blue, from Memorial Day through Patriot's Day in September. All that has now turned into a fall, Thanksgiving theme, the browns, oranges, reds and yellows. She enjoys doing this so very much.
Coffee is ready so I need to quit huntin' and peckin'.
Y'all have a great day!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Waukonda wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:09 pm
cudgee wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:11 pm Just briefly reporting in, been offline, computer died, back online now. Have a good'un. :)
I assumed, with all the antivax protests, that Scott Morrison was pulling a China or North Korea move on you and all wifi had been disabled. ::poke::
Just finished reading Scott Morrison's Wikipedia entry. Holy cats! Y'all are as hosed up down there as we are up here. I'm beginning to get the impression that the entire world is fup-ducked. Kinda makes me glad I'm on my last lap around the race track. Has it always been this way and I've been in my own little cocoon?

On the home front, it's 46º this morning so it's a tiny bit chilly inside. My Cubs seem to be determined to lose their final 11 games and I discovered that after getting half-way through this book I've already read it. ::facepalm:: If it isn't one thing it's another. Carry on.

Edit: Not that y'all give a fig but I just remembered I'm about out of milk so I need to hit the grocery store today.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning folks
Cudgee, good you have a guy to help get your computer fixed.
Not much going on here today. Cool morning with Sunshine . Maybe hit the Apple Orchards later .
Trying to get used to the new page setup here ,not sure I like it,but then am slow to accept some change overall. So will get used to it . ::tu::
Have a great weekend out there ,stay safe
JP
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Finally a new page!
Work today then my regular Sunday-Monday weekend. First time since last month. What kind of mischief can I get into?
After a couple of chilly fall days back to the 70’s and 80’s for the next several days.

Had an interesting escapade with my dog yesterday. Later today I’ll post about it on the Pet thread.

Have a great weekend you all!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡 55 at days break 80 later with a chance of some showers sez My weekend weather gal Heather, boy is she pregnant, looks like a new addition to the family any day.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed and put away.
May cut the lot my nephew is planning on building on this afternoon, otherwise it's trash recycle day and maybe a TSC and grocery run to get some country smoked sausage.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be careful out there ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
Nice weather here in North Texas, so we're heading over to the property and doing some other running around today.
Everyone enjoy your day and your coffee and be a blessing to someone..... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

I walked into the house and the strangest golf I have ever seen was on TV.
My best thinking is 33.42 for the week.
Coffee wasn't as good this morning.
Soon I will send an email about my grail knife.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:12 pm
cudgee wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:11 pm Just briefly reporting in, been offline, computer died, back online now. Have a good'un. :)
I assumed, with all the antivax protests, that Scott Morrison was pulling a China or North Korea move on you and all wifi had been disabled. ::poke::
Just finished reading Scott Morrison's Wikipedia entry. Holy cats! Y'all are as hosed up down there as we are up here. I'm beginning to get the impression that the entire world is fup-ducked. Kinda makes me glad I'm on my last lap around the race track. Has it always been this way and I've been in my own little cocoon?

On the home front, it's 46º this morning so it's a tiny bit chilly inside. My Cubs seem to be determined to lose their final 11 games and I discovered that after getting half-way through this book I've already read it. ::facepalm:: If it isn't one thing it's another. Carry on.

Edit: Not that y'all give a fig but I just remembered I'm about out of milk so I need to hit the grocery store today.
Talking of Scott Morrison, i had to laugh when i saw Joe at the press conference during the week- " And My Little Pal Over There From Down Under ". I don't think Joe had any idea who he was talking about or too. ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang::
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

cudgee wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:34 pm

Talking of Scott Morrison, i had to laugh when i saw Joe at the press conference during the week- " And My Little Pal Over There From Down Under ". I don't think Joe had any idea who he was talking about or too. ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang::
Hosed up. That’s a good one Jerry
Cudgee my Friend ol Joe doesn’t have a clue most of the time. You stay safe over there ::handshake::
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good Sunday Morning, we are opening early for those that will be attending Church services, so grab a coffee and a stool. Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and Boji glad you got your dog situation sorted. Enjoy the rest of your weekend all, and JP, i may have found a computer man, but he knew i was on the ropes and had me done like a dinner, know what i mean-ouch. ::mdm:: ::pray:: :)
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Got a couple things done yesterday. Took a nap. A little football.
Blew a headlight bulb on my car, so that is today's agenda.
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. I have 1st cup of coffee coolin' a little and will hit the shower when I get it finished. My church had its annual Wildgame Dinner yesterday. With all the covid crap, it was a little subdued, or maybe scaled down would be a better description. It started out years ago as the annual Roadkill Dinner. I guess we have become more civilized these days.
Hope your day is a blessed one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Ray, we had a chili feed at church once and a friend brought his concoction of chili. Our minister asked him what kind of meat was in his. he said he didn't know for sure because it was pretty far gone when he found it. It was tender though. I'm starting to teach the new conformation class this morning and will until we get a minister on board. I'm going to miss going to the adult class and the discussions, but this should be interesting too. I have a very capable lady helping so it should go well. Coffee is almost done brewing so I better get rolling. Have a great Sunday.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks!
Waking up to a colorful sun rise that didn't last very long, brilliant orange, looked again and it had already changed. 60 degrees and nice outside, yesterday we got to 91. Summer is still threatening.
Enjoyed yesterday with our son and grandson, had a big dinner and enjoyed watching grandson Dawson ride his bicycle! :)
Not in a big hurry this morning. After church there is a youth fund raiser, BBQ pork sandwich for a donation.
Time for that 1st cup. ::tu::
Y'all have a great day Sunday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all!! ::nod::
Phil, I'll sure be glad when I can step out on my porch with a cup of coffee and enjoy a sunrise
over the distant rise of trees instead of over a sea of rooftops.
Finishing my coffee and heading to church, have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Moring friends, have a good cup of coffee to wake up with. Sun is getting up over the horizon a good bit with nary a cloud in sight. From my perch I can see a west bound BNSF coal train rolling by. going over to Mom's later today. Happy trails!
David
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning
All quiet here on the northern front . A bit warmer this week for fall ,upper 70 s . Got the bow all tuned up and will keep on practicing the next few weeks. Lot of good sign out on the hunting land. This morning Wife and I are heading to town to hand out water for the EC Marathon fund raiser. The runners are doing 5 to 8 mile run and all proceeds to go to help the hungry here in the Valley . Then maybe a little football watching at the in laws . Thats about it here ,have a great Sunday ,stay safe.
JP
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Ripster wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:08 pm This morning Wife and I are heading to town to hand out water for the EC Marathon fund raiser. The runners are doing
Eau Claire would be a great place for a run, the Chippewa and the bridges........how about posting some pictures later?
Ike
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks,🌡 51 heading to around eighty.
All us critters are fed and the dishes warshed and put away.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Happy Sunday folks.
Had donuts for breakfast.
Decent coffee for a Sunday.
Pretty soon Dad and I are going to get more dogfood
If Harris wasn't the veep I'd be all for tossing Joe.
But you can't win for losing.
Looking for the magic penny!
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Waukonda wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:20 pm
Ripster wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:08 pm This morning Wife and I are heading to town to hand out water for the EC Marathon fund raiser. The runners are doing
Eau Claire would be a great place for a run, the Chippewa and the bridges........how about posting some pictures later?
Here you go Ike. It was a beautiful morning for the Runners . It was a 13 mile marathon with quarter and half way marks for those that wanted less mileage . Great turn out and support as well . ::tu::
Attachments
AEF86BA1-EEEB-45E3-A92D-32A0C4E89770.jpeg
BE4F399F-23A3-42F2-B907-D2374CAF71CD.jpeg
216FBDA1-6895-4060-AA63-7116BC761324.jpeg
6ADFD8D4-7FA3-482A-B128-453BA7E9B6EB.jpeg
5C768A77-466E-402A-847F-70976DBA17E6.jpeg
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 pm
cudgee wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:34 pm

Hosed up. That’s a good one Jerry
Cudgee my Friend ol Joe doesn’t have a clue most of the time. You stay safe over there ::handshake::
Mate, it appears nothing has changed over time, in fact i think it has got worse. Approx. 250 years ago, Napolean Bonaparte stated- " Stupidity Is Not A Handicap In Politics ". We have not progressed very far have we. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”