First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
Have to run some errands over in Denton today and then evening Bible Study.
Have a great day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning Folks.
Coffee was fair.
There was a plane down near West Houston Airport but thankfully nobody died or even got hurt bad.
There was a big slide before it stopped.
Gonna do Facebook on the phone then 5 rolls of pennies and then try to work on the hard drive.
Looking for the magic penny!
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Well since I'm just an old retired guy sittig aound on the frontporch these days I guess I'd better get back in on this First Cup Diner. Getting ready for my second cup now then back to the front porch. Hope everybody is doing well.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

gsmith7158 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:36 pm Well since I'm just an old retired guy sittig aound on the frontporch these days I guess I'd better get back in on this First Cup Diner. Getting ready for my second cup now then back to the front porch. Hope everybody is doing well.
Greg, retired ain't bad. I am getting better and better at less and less. Welcome to the club. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

gsmith7158 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:36 pm Well since I'm just an old retired guy sittig aound on the frontporch these days I guess I'd better get back in on this First Cup Diner. Getting ready for my second cup now then back to the front porch. Hope everybody is doing well.
I'll be glad when I have a front or back porch again and then I'll join you. ::tu::

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

dlr110 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:18 pm
I'll be glad when I have a front or back porch again and then I'll join you. ::tu::
You will be welcome to David.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Might not be the appropriate thread, but hope everyone who wanted an AAPK knife got one. The Diners are regulars. ::nod::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Diner is open, i saw that a few of you as i did found a spammer among our midst Yesterday, if i can give a word of warning, if you open a thread that even half looks suspicious, never open the link usually associated with them. Enjoy your first Coffee, we have our first stage of coming out of lockdown at Midnight our time, in about 41/2 hours, going to be chaos. Hotels, restaurants and hairdressers all fanging at the bit to open on Midnight. They have limited capacity limits, and anyone rushing out at Midnight to get a haircut is an imbicile. ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: :lol: ::nod::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning crew, headed out to work. Another nice fall is in store. Later
David
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It appears our summer/fall season is over. I suppose it's time but I'm not looking forward to cold but I'm still not ready to go somewhere warmer or stop working when it gets difficult. I blame that on my darn stubborn Norwegian blood. Yesterday we got the siding project done, found a leaky drain in a basement bathroom, tried unsuccessfully to trace a break in an electrical line, hauled a ton of pea rock to another job for some kids to spread and made it to Bible study in the evening. I have several small jobs to get to today and maybe take another stab at the electrical problem. Have a great Thursday.____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone
It’s pre Friday according to the Wife and just another day for the retired . It’s a soggy morning so not in a rush to get out and get wet . Have a meeting downtown to look at a building with bird problems? Whatever that may be will see what it’s all about sounds like pigeons but couldn’t really understand the caller as she was a little hysterical. Then maybe head out to the Car shop and see how the Victoria is coming along.
It’s nice to see some others joining us here at the diner.
Cudgee so you’re not going out at midnight to get a haircut.
Time for a refill ,catch you later.
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
There appears to be what the weather folks term "popcorn showers" west of us and all up into southern Alabama. From being way too wet for so long, it is gotten pretty dry. Harvesting is still going on so dry is good in the cotton, too dry is not best for peanut harvest when the ground is hard and those wanting to plant winter grazing for their cows are in between. The cereal grains will sprout with minimum moisture but if it stays too dry and hot there is not a good survival rate of the seedlings. I noticed last week on one of our travels, the soybeans leaves are turning yellow and dropping in some fields, so that part of the agricultural business is beginning to get hot and heavy. When you see the corn headers on the combines being changed over you know it's time for the soybean harvest to start.
63 degrees this morning probably climbing into the 80's, almost perfect weather.We wait to see what the rain does.
Miss Joy said the coffee is poured. ::nod::
Y'all have a great day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Heading out to do a hike on the AT then some more exploring!! South Mtn battle sites were kool yesterday.
Antietam tomorrow!!
John 🤠
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks! I really slept in this morning. Not much going on here at my house. The Bride has a cold so I'll be holding her hand. It is a comfortable 65º here and will warm up to the 80s later today.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I hope my day is a good one too. :lol:

It's Thursday so it must be lunch with my Buds @ Sam's Pizza. Having a celebration of life for my old buddy Fred on Saturday. I'm not looking forward to the drive down and back but 60 years of friendship calls for some sacrifices. Planning to stop on the way back and have lunch with my grandson and my daughter's ex so that's good. May even get to see my great-grandson. ::fc::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Good morning all ! The Braves kept me up a little late last night so I'm just now brewing my first cup. Hope everybody has a great day. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Chilly morning, 41. Won’t warm up much either guess It is time to accept the summer is done. Frost forecast tonight and freeze tomorrow night. Leaves are falling in mass. Couple of pop up showers yesterday yielded just under 1 inch.
Work today Hope get more stuff listed on eBay. Need to get a new promo up on Facebook too.
Time to get going
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
Cheryl and I are heading out after lunch to do some grocery and other shopping.
Nothing else planned for the day. Be safe and be a blessing to someone.... :D

Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon folks.
Had to do a little shopping after getting my check so blame it on that.
Of course I had to log onto Sudden Link 5g to get here so that didn't help.
Coffee was almost great.
Work was a minute under 5 hours.
Sonic Jalapeno Cheeseburger for lunch.
May see if I can go to the Walmart in Porter.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Good morning fellow Diners, open and up and running. Hope your week has been a good one, we had our first stage of coming out of lockdown today, apparently people have forgotten how to drive, and since we have been in lockdown they passed a new law, blinkers no longer need to be used while driving. ::doh:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: JP, walked past one of the barbers i use today, they were standing in the street waiting, :roll: my barber said come back Wednesday or Thursday morning and i will get you straight in, that's me. I don't stand in line for anything, not anymore anyway. :lol: Enjoy your first coffee and have a good'un. ::tu:: :)
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' Cudgee and thanks for opening up the joint. Mornin' to the rest of the patrons of the FCD. I woke up early this morning and couldn't quite get back to sleep. It is a warn 68º outside and will get near 90º by the time the day id done. Early this afternoon, I'll light out to the show I jumped the gun on last weekend.
Hope your day is just grand.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning friends, coffee sure is good. 47-76 and sunny. Happy trails!
David
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It's in the twenties this morning and only getting up to about 40 for a high. Yesterday I had to scrape frost off my truck window and today I'm sure it'll be a repeat. I have a bunch of running to do today so I don't think much work will get done. My old flip phone won't work shortly too so I'll have to toss that and get something else. The one I have can stand a two story drop unto concrete (and has) and fall off a bumper unto the road (and has), and survive with barely a scratch, and I got it free from son Jason when he upgraded. Yeah, I'm going to miss that one. My service provider has informed me several times older flip phones won't work and they will give me a sweet deal on a new one I'll like even better. I wonder if they will let me give the new ones a drop test first. I gotta run. Have a great Friday,____Dave
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Doing some more exploring at South Mtn then over to Antietam then onto Cumberland.
Vacation is winding down!! 😞
John 🎃
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Sounds like life is going on with you fellers. Lock down Down Under, ice on the windshield up north, folks not being able to sleep, some headin' out for work and some winding down a vacation. ::hmm::
As for our little corner of the world, we're having some fog this morning, never got any of the showers that were predicted. Might try to fertilize some white clover that is showing a bit of promise. I've mowed the food plot twice to slow the weeds and grass down as this perennial tries to make another year. With all the wet ground for so long, the weeds and something called Vasey Grass has tried to take over the clover plot.
Our temperatures have been in the low 60's to the low 80's now for several days, I believe I could live with that most of the time. :)
Coffee is waiting for Miss Joy to rise and shine.
Y'all have a great Friday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”