First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Ripster »

Morning Crew and a nice Friday brewing.
John you been busy on your Vacation! Enjoy the rest of your time at the battlefields and parks .
Cudgee hey mate I hear you about lines. No reason to wait in a line when you have the time to come back later . And the no blinker thing it’s a issue here as well.my wife is very mellow but that’s one thing that trips her trigger . It’s hard to use your blinker when you only have 2 hands and there’s a cell phone in one hand and food in the other and they’re using there palm to steer . ::td::
We have a couple gun shows in the valley starting today at 3 pm ,had a table at the Bearing Arms show but gave it to a friend as wasn’t sure if was able to make it. Have to run a pile of bayonets and military stuff over there later to put on Marvs tables and will do a walk thru and say hello and be nosy. Maybe find some Ammo or a knife . If not there will be plenty of Free BS to keep us occupied for a while.
Take care out there fellow knifers ::tu::
JP
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

cudgee wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:41 am Good morning fellow Diners, open and up and running. Hope your week has been a good one, we had our first stage of coming out of lockdown today, apparently people have forgotten how to drive, and since we have been in lockdown they passed a new law, blinkers no longer need to be used while driving. ::doh:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: JP, walked past one of the barbers i use today, they were standing in the street waiting, :roll: my barber said come back Wednesday or Thursday morning and i will get you straight in, that's me. I don't stand in line for anything, not anymore anyway. :lol: Enjoy your first coffee and have a good'un. ::tu:: :)
Reminds me of my time in the Army back in 66-68.....Cudgee you said you don't stand in line ...but in the Army it was "hurry up and wait" in line for everything! Now I am with you when it comes to standing in line, it is not going to happen, had enough of that to last a lifetime in the Army.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cudgee wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:41 am they passed a new law, blinkers no longer need to be used while driving.
What's the defination of "blinkers" down under? Does that translate to 4-way flashers or is it turn signals? If it's 4-way flashers, why in the sam hill would you need them while driving. Around here they're just used while stopped. OR If it's turn signals. why would you NOT use them for every lane change or change of direction? Inquiring minds want to know.

38º here and it's only going to get up into the 50's for the foreseeable future and then go down from there. As I've said before, fall has definitely fallen.
Life seems to throw me more and more curve balls. My AAPK knife is on it's way and from what I can tell it will show up Saturday. I need to have a contingency plan in place for it's delivery since I'll be gone tomorrow and most of Sunday. I would hate for the porch pirates to get their grubby paws on it.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

I won’t wait in line or wait at a restaurant!! Just happened at Gettysburg. They gave us a wait time of 30/40 minutes to be seated. 👎 Walked on.
John 🎃
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Busy morning in FCD. I slept in this am, still tired but gotta get to kickin it. Volunteered to help set up for the Ducks Unlimited banquet this morning. Event is tomorrow night. Haven’t been to any of the committee meetings, there was only 2 that I knew about. Heard a couple of days ago that they were short on merchandise so I’m donating a bunch of DU stuff that has been collecting dust around this house for the last 30 years. Both of us were sponsors for 25 years so have a lot of stuff that needs to go. 6 framed prints, 2 decoys, a big rolling cooler, couple of books and some misc small stuff will be a nice tax deduction. The back end of my SUV is full. Have enough stuff to do it at least 2 more times. And still keep the things I like.
Got down to 32 last night, low 50’s today, colder tonight.
Coffee is very good and much needed, time for another cup and get rolling.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
For me waiting in a line is determined by how bad do I want, need or am required to
get what I'm waiting for. If I can do it online then there is no line for me to wait in.
I've got an eye exam this morning and I'm sure I will need some new glasses.. :shock:
God bless all of you today, be safe and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:00 pm
cudgee wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:41 am they passed a new law, blinkers no longer need to be used while driving.
What's the defination of "blinkers" down under? Does that translate to 4-way flashers or is it turn signals? If it's 4-way flashers, why in the sam hill would you need them while driving. Around here they're just used while stopped. OR If it's turn signals. why would you NOT use them for every lane change or change of direction? Inquiring minds want to know.

38º here and it's only going to get up into the 50's for the foreseeable future and then go down from there. As I've said before, fall has definitely fallen.
Life seems to throw me more and more curve balls. My AAPK knife is on it's way and from what I can tell it will show up Saturday. I need to have a contingency plan in place for it's delivery since I'll be gone tomorrow and most of Sunday. I would hate for the porch pirates to get their grubby paws on it.
Indicators or turn signals. I was being facetious, they are NOT being used because people are basically-Stupid, Lazy or Both. ::tu:: :)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cudgee wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Indicators or turn signals. I was being facetious, they are NOT being used because people are basically-Stupid, Lazy or Both. ::tu:: :)
:lol: :lol: I think a world wide issue.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning y'all.
Whoops.
Afternoon folks.
Was doing pennies.
Exterminator came.
Watched last nights Greg show.
and forgot this.
Coffee was good.
Back to pennies.
Looking for the magic penny!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:46 pm
cudgee wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:37 pm

:lol: :lol: I think a world wide issue.
I never thought of that, but you are probably correct. Have a good weekend and hope you get your AAPK knife, but want photos when in your hand. :)
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Diner is open for the weekend. Enjoy your first coffee, and sadly i have to warn you we another spammer in our midst. Don't go there or open any of his links. Vermin, and i cannot say it here, but we all know what should happen to vermin. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning neighbors, Sure do like the coffee. 61-83 and a chance of thunderstorms early on then sunny. Later
David
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Mornin' Y'all

Wife asked me to chauffeur her to the bone-cracker this morning.
After that, who knows . .. ...
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cudgee wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:21 am Diner is open for the weekend. Enjoy your first coffee, and sadly i have to warn you we another spammer in our midst. Don't go there or open any of his links. Vermin, and i cannot say it here, but we all know what should happen to vermin. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Yep. the title of the thread is "The biggest sale of the year!" Thanks for catching and reporting that cudgee.

So the USPS web sight has been down since at least 0230 and tracking is unavailable. If it's not one thing it's another. If they don't get it back up pretty soon I won't know if my Forum knife is out for delivery and my buddy will just be shooting in the dark as to whether & when it's delivered. ::facepalm:: I guess I should get showered and grab a bowl of cereal so I can be on the road by 0800. Ugh! I don't like driving long distances anymore.

Suck it up Marine. Quit being such a whiny baby. ::marine_salute::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. I have a quickie coolin' out a bit and I'll take off the show in a little while. It is 54 miles from home so I figure on nearly an hour driving time.
Hope your team wins today. Both mine are off for the weekend.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I have a busy day ahead with work at the volunteer book store project this morning and a sibling get together this afternoon. It appears all 5 of us remaining siblings will make it. We all live in Minnesota, but cover most of the state. I'm the only one who settled near where we grew up. Have a great weekend and stay safe. ____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning everyone. We have a bit of ice on the bird bath this morning looks like temp of 28 or so and high of 50 . And that’s the weather report for the next 5 days .
What do these spammers hope to accomplish when they come to a site like this? Don’t understand there foolishness.
Went to gun show here yesterday place had a great crowd thru the evening but heard sales are slow. Very little Ammo and not many knives .Picked up a old Kingston Mil k and a hawkbill Boker that will need to do a little research on . Also went to local Fleet Farm to get a couple more bolts for my Crossbow . Well they are sold out and no more available.hmmmmm,either a hell of a lot of guys out bow hunting or a shortage of things in hunting supplies. And they didn’t have much for Ammo either. Sure have a pile of overpriced firearms for sale though. So will head out this afternoon with what
I have on hand . Brother and I are going to sit in our stands and am looking forward to getting in the woods . Will be first go round this year ,have been waiting for some of the leaves to fall ,pretty thick out there yet .
Ray hope you have a good show and lots of sales.
Cudgee how’s your freedom from lockdown been going ? You out tearing up the town !
Okay all you knifers you have yourselves a grand weekend. ::handshake::
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Did anyone notice the number of posts per page has changed again? It's now 25 posts per page.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:11 pm Did anyone notice the number of posts per page has changed again? It's now 25 posts per page.
Hadn’t noticed . Sure glad it’s not the 60 posts per page ,that’s too long .
JP
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Finally, something to report other than a trip to the store. Leaving my house while it was still dark outside I saw a lot of sheriffs cars at my neighbor's. Turns out the police were searching for a thief or thiefs. The neighbor had some items stolen from his pickup truck. But the main robbery was at a farm down the road a piece on the other side of my house. In between these two thefts my house received no intrusions. I attribute this to the fact that I keep the property pretty well illuminated. Nevertheless, I reviewed my security plans.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Morning all! Not sure was the official low temp was but I only saw 33 so not really a freeze. 50’s again today and same for extended forecast, normal fall here.
Work today as usual then to the DU banquet.
Shortages even hit DU, several of the items we ordered from DU National were not available which is why I donated so much. Will be interesting to see what attendance is as there was very little promotion done. I feel like I should have pushed that more but was kinda out of the loop.
Need more coffee, gonna be a long day.
Have a great weekend whatever your plans might be.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Looking forward to meeting up with 1967redrider (John) and his bride. Kinda kool we all landed in the same town at the same time!! 👍😎😎👍
John 🎃
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Grump01
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Grump01 »

cudgee wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:21 am Diner is open for the weekend. Enjoy your first coffee, and sadly i have to warn you we another spammer in our midst. Don't go there or open any of his links. Vermin, and i cannot say it here, but we all know what should happen to vermin. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
How about IDing these Vermins? Not sure I would recognise on my own.
Don
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Knifers.
Kinda cool this morning, 53 degrees. ::hmm:: Big drop for us not to have had a front blow through with a bit of rain. Personally I could use a small shower, I put out some granular fertilizer on some clover, trying to get it to perk up but the cotton pickers don't need any additional moisture. I know very little about cotton farming or harvesting other than rain when the bolls open up isn't a good thing. We used to see lots of cotton modules being hauled by harvesters and now they seem to be going to the round bales, just like the hay industry has done. Always looking for a better, more efficient way to do the work.
The coffee has been poured, y'all have a great Saturday!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Top of the morning to you all... ::nod::
Thank you Cudgee for catching that spammer.
It looks like everyone around here has somewhere to be today except me.
So I think I'll just stay right here and relax or maybe do some writing.
Have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone.... :D
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”